• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe in CWLand

masterblaster

International Captain
Well, good luck to Dave on his quest to get into this side, if after all his hard work he becomes a CW XI star, then good on him!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
No, I'd much rather see you play first.

12th man isn't the ideal job, and you've done well helping the XI off the field.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
masterblaster said:
For goodness sakes, its a sim, can't we have a series where no political themes overshadow the cricket?
First, Sangrah, thanks for taking a stance. Unlike some muppets who just say: "Wow, that means I can play!" However, why was Zimbabwe invited then? Zimbabwe is a political controversy however you twist and turn it. A revenge series with the West Indies would have been much more appropriate...

masterblaster said:
If this were real life, I'd see a point to it, but having Zimbabwe tour CWLand on the basis of a 'sim' doesn't effect Robert Mugabe or the International Community in anyway.
Correct. However, it is saying to the 70-odd CW players and supporters that hey, Zimbabwe is ok, Mugabe is an all right guy, let's accept his team and his selection policies, it's all good...and that attitude is just not acceptable, even in such a small community.

masterblaster said:
Some people on here just have a habit of getting too political.
I've only replied seriously once in a CW-political debate - when Nikhil was allowed to play for India "A", and I felt that situation was going completely out of control.

[qupte=masterblaster]A lot of you may disagree with me, but I prefer harmony and some top quality cricket on this board, rather then every single thread on this board being turned into a politically volatile one.

Sorry folks, but thats just me.[/QUOTE]

This isn't top quality cricket. This Zimbabwe XI would have been outclassed by CW Red. I can not see one single reason why Zimbabwe should tour here, especially since we are not bound by the Ten-Year Plan (given that we are not mentioned in it).

Tom Halsey

International Coach
masterblaster said:
For goodness sakes, its a sim, can't we have a series where no political themes overshadow the cricket?

If this were real life, I'd see a point to it, but having Zimbabwe tour CWLand on the basis of a 'sim' doesn't effect Robert Mugabe or the International Community in anyway.

Some people on here just have a habit of getting too political.

A lot of you may disagree with me, but I prefer harmony and some top quality cricket on this board, rather then every single thread on this board being turned into a politically volatile one.

Sorry folks, but thats just me.
Agree eintirely.

masterblaster

International Captain
I appreciate your views Hakon, and understand where your coming from. I do agree with you in some aspects, and would love to see a 'revenge' series against the West Indies, but even despite the current situation in Zimbabwe, we can take some positives out of this tour and really say that Cricket is much bigger than politics for all of us.

Although I do respect and appreciate where you are coming from.

masterblaster

International Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
No, I'd much rather see you play first.

12th man isn't the ideal job, and you've done well helping the XI off the field.
I really do appreciate that comment, and that gesture speaks volumes of your character and integrity mate.

However, I've always felt its the best man for the job, and I'd just like to wish yourself and all the other CW bowlers in contention for this spot all the best.

You've been a classy player this season Dave, and certainly any team would love to have you as a player.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i agree with MB, its just a sim, theres no reason why Zimbabwe shouldnt come here and play us....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Personally I think one of the other nations would've made more sense though (what about someone like SA?)

cbuts

International Debutant
if this was real life, id be 100% behind you. its disgraceful that zimbabwe are still allowed to play cricket. SA were banned when it was happening there. but mate this is a sim. its all make believe. to not want to play zimbabwe in a sim because of what is happening in a sim, is just silly

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Personally I think one of the other nations would've made more sense though (what about someone like SA?)
we are having talks on tours for a later date.. they have a tight shedule playing india in india soon..

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
CWXI with Jamee999 opening the bowling anyone? :tongue:
I think just resting Neil Pickup is ludicrous

CWXI: Broncoman, Craig, Blewy/Cloete(c), Jason Toogood, Age Master, Dylan Jellett(wk), Xavier Rose, Master Blaster, Mr.Wright(vc), Nath Patrick ,A Massive Zebra 12th Man: C Buts. Resting plenty of players but giving Nath, Craig and Zebra a good introduction to International Cricket.

Simon

Jamee999 said:
CWXI with Jamee999 opening the bowling anyone? :tongue:
I think just resting Neil Pickup is ludicrous

CWXI: Broncoman, Craig, Blewy/Cloete(c), Jason Toogood, Age Master, Dylan Jellett(wk), Xavier Rose, Master Blaster, Mr.Wright(vc), Nath Patrick ,A Massive Zebra 12th Man: C Buts. Resting plenty of players but giving Nath, Craig and Zebra a good introduction to International Cricket.
i see that as a conspiracy to stuff blue up more than anything, 5 of our players!!11

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
whoo great stuff blues on the huge amounts of players in there! but on a personal nnote, it alllows newbs like me chances

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
KennyD said:
whoo great stuff blues on the huge amounts of players in there! but on a personal nnote, it alllows newbs like me chances
Dont think thats the official squad its just Jamee's opinion

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Could not agree more.

I'm also appalled at the board's action in "resting" me before I had the chance to decry the involvement of the Mugabe XI in this country's cricketing scene. I will not have any part in this tour and I call on every other CW player equipped with a functioning conscience to join in our stand.

See the signature.
But Mr Pickup, you already expressed to me that you won't be available to play, thus you're being rested in the Harmison/Flintoff sense.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
However, why was Zimbabwe invited then? Zimbabwe is a political controversy however you twist and turn it. A revenge series with the West Indies would have been much more appropriate...
We didn't invite them, the ICC assigned them and we'll be fined if we reject them.
I can not see one single reason why Zimbabwe should tour here, especially since we are not bound by the Ten-Year Plan (given that we are not mentioned in it).
Oh but we are. We're part of international cricket and thus governed by the supreme body that is the ICC.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
A revision to my team and making it clearer

CWXI:
Rich2001
Craig
Blewy/Cloete(c)
Jason Toogood
Age Master
Dylan Jellett(wk)
Xavier Rose
Master Blaster
Mr.Wright(vc)
Nath Patrick
A Massive Zebra
12th Man: C Buts.
Resting plenty of players but giving Nath, Craig and Zebra a good introduction to International Cricket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Age Master is a good FC batsman, but he'll be the first to say that he's not been the best in OD. C Buts is way ahead of him as far as ODI selection goes.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol, damn straight, there enough batsmen ahead of me in FC let alone OD....

Ash Chaulk should probbably be the keeper, dont know much about his form this season but it cant be that bad. Masterblaster and AMZ i would have as certainties. i think Markus will get the call up for the ODI side this time round.