• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite player from each team ?

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah, there are two things Mohammad Sami and Malcolm Marshall had in common - similar height and similar pace.

But that was probably the most nonsensical comment from Imran ever, by a huge margin...
True that. Imran must be kicking himself with that one. He usually has had a great eye for talent.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I like the Jono format.

WAGs

Australia - Marcus North
Bangladesh - Tamim Iqbal
England - Eh, loads, Jimmeh if pushed but also Broad, Swann & Pietersen.
India - Yuvraj
New Zealand - Ross Taylor
Pakistan - Afridi
South Africa - Dale Steyn
Sri Lanka - Lasith Malinga
West Indies - Chris Gayle

WACs

Australia - Twatto(would have gone for Johnson a year ago before he became too obviously inept to hate)
Bangladesh - See why I didn't pick Johnson, apply as applicable
England - Ravi Bopara.
India - Harbajhan
New Zealand - Vettori. Mainly because of Prince EWS tbh.
Pakistan - Amir, Asif, Butt
South Africa - AB De Villiers
Sri Lanka - None spring to mind tbh
West Indies - As above

joels344

U19 Debutant
My all-time:

Australia - Allan Border, Shane Warne
England - Ian Botham, Jim Laker
India - Virender Sehwag, Anil Kumble
New Zealand - Martin Crowe, Shane Bond
Pakistan - Imran Khan, Waqar Younis
South Africa - Jacques Kallis, Neil Adcock
Sri Lanka - Kumar Sangakkara, Muttiah Muralitharan
West Indies - Viv Richards, Joel Garner

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Favourites:

Australia - Simon Katich
Bangladesh - Tamim Iqbal
England - Graeme Swann
India - Zaheer Khan
New Zealand - Tim Southee
Pakistan- It was Amir...probably Umar Gul now
South Africa - Dale Steyn
Sri Lanka - Kumar Sangakarra
West Indies - Shivnarine Chanderpaul (would have voted for Dave Mohammed if he still played for the Windies, WAG).
Zimbabwe - Ray Price

Least Favourites:

Australia - Shane Watson
Bangladesh - Mohammed Ashraful
England - Luke Wright
India - Yuvraj Singh
New Zealand - Tim McIntosh
Pakistan - Mohammed Asif/Salman Butt/etc.
South Africa - Graeme Smith
Sri Lanka - None stand out
West Indies - Denesh Ramdin
Zimbabwe - Chris Mpofu

Himannv

International Coach
Then why do u like Sami???? What makes him different from every other crap cricketer?????
IMO thats the kind of question that would have a similar answer to ones like: "Why do you like Lara more than any other batsman?" or "Why do you like Marshall more than any other bowler?".

Sami is not my favourite player of all time or anything but he's certainly my favourite Pakistani player among the current lot. I always hope that he does well and always sit up and watch while he's bowling.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair enough, me too. I don't think he is overrated, but how much you hear about someone is obviously the most subjective point there is, so I'll let you have that one.
Cribb thinks he's meh and that since he's been picked for England is a huge purple patch.
It's not so much that I actually hate the player; I just generally hope he performs poorly if he's over-rated.
Better than being wrong I suppose 8-)

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Australia - Bollinger
Bangladesh - Mahmudullah
England - Collingwood
India - Tendulkar
New Zealand - Vettori
Pakistan - none that I can think of.
South Africa - Amla
Sri Lanka - Matthews
West Indies - Sammy
Zimbabwe - Taylor

smash84

The Tiger King
IMO thats the kind of question that would have a similar answer to ones like: "Why do you like Lara more than any other batsman?" or "Why do you like Marshall more than any other bowler?".

Sami is not my favourite player of all time or anything but he's certainly my favourite Pakistani player among the current lot. I always hope that he does well and always sit up and watch while he's bowling.
I didn't know that CW had hordes of Sami fan-boys.

Himannv

International Coach
Until today I thought I was the only one who liked him. I think hordes probably means three people in this case though lol.