• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite player from each team ?

Teja.

Global Moderator
..but u r not serious about having Sreesanth as ur favorite player are you??????
My absolute most favourite player of all-time is Waqar Younis. Sreesanth is not far off though and definitely is in my top 4-5.

Yeah, I'm serious about him being my favourite Indian player too.

smash84

The Tiger King
Haha I thought I might get some reaction to that one lol. Yeah I like his runup and action. Something I like about such a small made guy generating so much pace. Its true that his acuracy is rubbish and all that but I have always liked watching him and always hope he gets it right. Exciting watching the guy run in although the end product is rarely satisfactory. Not exactly spoilt for choice right now though or I would have said Amir.
lol...ok

Debris

International 12th Man
I really think least favourite should have its own thread so I don't have to read through all the flamewars that it generates.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Biggest ****s.....

Australia: Not sure, probably Norff.
Bangladesh: Don't really care.
England: Ladyboy
India: Bhajji
New Zealand: Don't really care.
Pakistan: Akmal brothers
South Africa: Smith
Sri Lanka: Don't really care.
West Indies: Benn
Zimbabwe: Don't really care.

smash84

The Tiger King
My absolute most favourite player of all-time is Waqar Younis. Sreesanth is not far off though and definitely is in my top 4-5.

'Absolute favorite Waqar. Enamored perhaps, like that fastest man in the world (Usain Bolt), by the in-swinging yorker????

Sreesanth is too much of a disruptive influence on the team IMO. Somewhat like Shoaib Akhtar. Such characters are really bad for team spirit.

benchmark00

Biggest ****s.....

Australia: Not sure, probably Norff.
Bangladesh: Don't really care.
England: Ladyboy
India: Bhajji
New Zealand: Don't really care.
Pakistan: Akmal brothers
South Africa: Smith
Sri Lanka: Don't really care.
West Indies: Benn
Zimbabwe: Don't really care.
How could anyone call North a ****? He's seems like such a genuinely nice guy. Can't bat, but ****, great bloke.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Among the ones I've seen live:
Australia : Michael Hussey (Current), Adam Gilchrist (All-Time)
Bangladesh : Shakib-Al-Hasan (Current and All-Time)
England : Kevin Pietersen (Current and All-Time)
India : Sachin Tendulkar (Current and All-Time)
Pakistan : Umar Gul (Current), Wasim Akram (All-Time)
New Zealand : Kane Williamson (Current), Shane Bond (All-Time)
South Africa : Dale Steyn (Current), Allan Donald (All-Time)
Sri Lanka : Mahela Jayawardene (Current), Muttiah Muralitharan (All-Time)
West Indies : Chris Gayle (Current), Curtly Ambrose (All-Time)
Zimbabwe : Andy Flower (All-Time)

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King

tbf there would be few if any, in the history of cricket, who could steam in to the wicket the way Waqar did.

morgieb

How could anyone call North a ****? He's seems like such a genuinely nice guy. Can't bat, but ****, great bloke.
****'s probably a bit of a harsh word, reckon most disliked player would've been better. Norff just annoys me, like any other Australian fan.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Australia - Hilfenhaus
India - Sreesanth
South Africa - Steyn
Sri-Lanka - Malinga
England - Morgan/Swann
West Indies - Roach
Pakistan - Aamer/Ahktar
NZ - Jeets
Bangladesh - Mahmudullah
Zimbabwe - Price
Ireland - Dockrell

:happy:

vcs

Haha I thought I might get some reaction to that one lol. Yeah I like his runup and action. Something I like about such a small made guy generating so much pace. Its true that his acuracy is rubbish and all that but I have always liked watching him and always hope he gets it right. Exciting watching the guy run in although the end product is rarely satisfactory. Not exactly spoilt for choice right now though or I would have said Amir.
I like him as well. :ph34r:

smalishah. you have to understand that Indian and SL fans aren't exactly spoilt when it comes to pace bowlers. And bad cricketers deserve some love too.

smash84

The Tiger King
I like him as well. :ph34r:

smalishah. you have to understand that Indian and SL fans aren't exactly spoilt when it comes to pace bowlers. And bad cricketers deserve some love too.
Indian and SL fans might not be spoilt for choice but I am sure even they won't have any place for Sami in their side.

how would SL fans feel if somebody was praising Gunawardena??? Not only some love it is like favorite player is a little too much. I wonder what Sami would have done to gain somebody's favor????

And how would Indian fans feel if somebody was singing hymns in praise of Abey Kuruvilla or hrishikesh kanitkar (I can't seem to recall any indian batsman who has been tried so much and failed so many times as Sami has).

I agree that they deserve some love but favorite cricketer is a little too much don't you think??? And Himannv was taking a crack at it and he succeded :)

Blaze 18

Banned
My least favourite list :

Australia : Simon Katich
England : Stuart Broad
India : Sreesanth
New Zealand : No-one
Pakistan : Kamran Akmal
Sri Lanka : Kumar Sangakkara
South Africa : No-one
West Indies : Benn

vcs

He does have a nice action and some talent as Himannv said. Was it Imran who called him the new Marshall?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Indian and SL fans might not be spoilt for choice but I am sure even they won't have any place for Sami in their side.

how would SL fans feel if somebody was praising Gunawardena??? Not only some love it is like favorite player is a little too much. I wonder what Sami would have done to gain somebody's favor????

And how would Indian fans feel if somebody was singing hymns in praise of Abey Kuruvilla or hrishikesh kanitkar (I can't seem to recall any indian batsman who has been tried so much and failed so many times as Sami has).

I agree that they deserve some love but favorite cricketer is a little too much don't you think??? And Himannv was taking a crack at it and he succeded :)
Big difference between favourite cricketer and favourite current Pakistani cricketer though. Sami would be right up there for me as well. Sure he's crap but I always hope he does well. Don't really like many of the other current Pakistani players I could say that about.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Was it Imran who called him the new Marshall?
Yeah, there are two things Mohammad Sami and Malcolm Marshall had in common - similar height and similar pace.

But that was probably the most nonsensical comment from Imran ever, by a huge margin...

_Ed_

Favourite:

Australia: M. Hussey
Bangladesh: Shakib
England: Finn
India: Tendulkar
New Zealand: Mills
Pakistan: Haider, if he still counts
South Africa: Steyn
Sri Lanka: Samaraweera
West Indies: Gayle