• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite event/s?

King Cricket

Cricket Spectator
I enjoyed watching the mens gymnastics at the commonwealth games in Manchester so I am looking forward to that, and the Table Tennis is brilliant action too.

There are also the usual track and field events everyone enjoys.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Funny how people like handball. I always thought that was just decided as dull outside Europe.

Handball for me as well, along with high jump, 100/200 sprint, all of the swimming, and road cycling.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
The middle distance events on the track, boxing (looking forward to seeing the Cubans and Amir Khan - the sole brit, but apparently very good) and volleyball, which I really got into after watching the European Championships on Eurosport when I was on holiday.

PY

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
the Beach Volleyball can get tense and exciting. It is like a 1/2 hour long tie-break.
Think someone is mis-leading the public.

You only watch it for the skimpy outfits on the women!! :p

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like synchronised swimming and gymnastics, but only when Roy and HG are behind the microphones. Who could forget the wonderful "Story of the building of the Great Wall of China" as told by the Chinese ladies at the last Olympics? Or the famous "Dutch Wink" unveiled by all the world's leading gymnasts? I aslo like the swimming, and I'm hoping Eric the Eel is back to try and smash his own Equitorial Guinean WR.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Son Of Coco said:
I like synchronised swimming and gymnastics, but only when Roy and HG are behind the microphones. Who could forget the wonderful "Story of the building of the Great Wall of China" as told by the Chinese ladies at the last Olympics? Or the famous "Dutch Wink" unveiled by all the world's leading gymnasts? I aslo like the swimming, and I'm hoping Eric the Eel is back to try and smash his own Equitorial Guinean WR.
haha yeh, he might get under 5 minutes for the 100 meters this time!

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
haha yeh, he might get under 5 minutes for the 100 meters this time!
Yeah! I hope that we get to see him again, it was my favourite part of the Sydney Olympics.

ash chaulk

International Captain
ANY relays i love
400's downwards in track
the cycling when theres like 4 people but only 3 have to finish.
and i dont mind watching a bit of tamsyn in the 800m

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The relays are great - which muppet is going to drop the baton this time and cost his or her team a medal!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
I'm a Coventry fan, so it's nice to see it from somone other than my team!
HAHA, thats a fair call, but no optimisim so early in the season?!?!

Craig

World Traveller
Does anybody like watching the gymnastics?

It is amazing what they can do, jump and twirl in the air and do it just about one movement.

Mister Wright

Craig said:
Does anybody like watching the gymnastics?

It is amazing what they can do, jump and twirl in the air and do it just about one movement.
No. I think it is quite boring.