• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite event/s?

Waughney

International Debutant
Craig said:
Does anybody like watching the gymnastics?

It is amazing what they can do, jump and twirl in the air and do it just about one movement.
It's OK, I guess it would be a lot more interesting if an Australian had any chance of winning a medal.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Beach Volleyball and swimming.

Beach volleyball is one of the most enjoyable games to play, and watching it is just as fun (and less tiring).

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just watched the kayaking (C1 I think, the slalom thing) and I was amazed. They were going so fast and being able to steer through such narrow gaps and even turn around and even go upstream through some of the gates, with the water flowing as quickly as it was, was incredible.

Last edited:

SupaFreak2005

My favourites are Gymnastics especially
I also like the swimming and the diving and sprinting.
LOVE THE ROMANIANS IN GYMNASTICS..... THEIR WOMENS TEAM
KICKED THE USA'S BUTT!!!!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Linda said:
Beach Volleyball and swimming.

Beach volleyball is one of the most enjoyable games to play, and watching it is just as fun (and less tiring).
Can imagine it's fun to play. But to watch?

Serve, dig, place, smash, one point, repeat ad infinitum. The lucky team who keeps their serve for a change wins the point.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really got into the archery last night. That was an exciting semi-final between the Aussie 17 year old and the Japanese guy.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I quite enjoyed the trap shooting a couple of days ago, although watching the NZer slip from bronze medal position to sixth wasn't so much fun.

nibbs

International Captain
word ed. i didn't enjoy that.

i'm looking foward to the 1500m final. hopefully nick willis can qualify for the final. that'll be awesome

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
I really got into the archery last night. That was an exciting semi-final between the Aussie 17 year old and the Japanese guy.
Yeah that was great! I couldn't see myself sitting and actually enjoying Archery, however it was really good hey. The Japanese bloke must of had nerves of steel to fire that 10 in the semi-final sudden death.

Linda

Samuel_Vimes said:
Can imagine it's fun to play. But to watch?

Serve, dig, place, smash, one point, repeat ad infinitum. The lucky team who keeps their serve for a change wins the point.
Clearly you are just watching the crap teams :p

Beach Volleyball creates such an atmosphere. Very relaxed and carnival-like.

Mister Wright

AUST_HiTMaN said:
Yeah that was great! I couldn't see myself sitting and actually enjoying Archery, however it was really good hey. The Japanese bloke must of had nerves of steel to fire that 10 in the semi-final sudden death.
Yeah, but he could have won it before the sudden death, if he didn't shoot that 8. That kid looks the goods though. Gold in Bejing and many more to come.

Linda

Dressage is about as exciting as a sponge. Why anyone would want to watch some fancy pants making a horse walk, I dont understand.

Can I ask you Craig, being the bike nutter you are, why do they do that funny little chasey thing in those sprints? The ones Sean Eadie and them were doing last night..

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Can I ask you Craig, being the bike nutter you are, why do they do that funny little chasey thing in those sprints? The ones Sean Eadie and them were doing last night..
I was wondering the same thing....i wanted Eadie to lean on that little french bloke going around the corner:D.

Mister Wright

Linda said:
Dressage is about as exciting as a sponge. Why anyone would want to watch some fancy pants making a horse walk, I dont understand.

It is because all the cyclists are on drugs. :D