• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Country's uncapped XI

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner
Maddinson
Lynn
Dussey
Ferguson
Wade
O'Keefe
Butterworth
Cummins
Cutting
Coulter-Nile

Last edited:

Daemon

The standard of English County Cricket is so low that if you take out the current Test players, those that will never play again, the overseas players and the Kolpak players you would have to name the side The Lucky to be Earning a Living playing Cricket XI.
itstl

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well if we're allowed to use teenagers like the guy at the top did then:

NZ

Todd Astle
BJ Watling
Jesse Ryder
Greg Hay
Kane Williamson
Rob Nicol/Colin de Grandholmme
Kruger Van Wyk
Corey Anderson
Tim Southee
Robbie Schaw
Hamish Bennet

Though if they were to play tommorrow a line up of:

Todd Astle
Peter Ingram/Shannon Stewart
Jesse Ryder
Greg Hay
Neil Broom
Rob Nicol
Bevan Griggs
Nathan McCullum
Bradley Scott
Hamish Bennet
Matthew Harvie

Would be better IMO
Interesting looking at this list 4 years later. Williamson must have been 15 then! I find it surprising that most of the list are still fringe black caps at best. And Southee, Ryder and Williamson have only secured their spots in the last 12 months or so.

Flem274*

123/5
Lets see what we got, starting with Bahnz..

New Zealand

1Peter Ingram
2Shannan Stewart
3Greg Todd
4Jesse Ryder
5Neil Broom
6Rob Nicol
7Bevan Griggs
8Bruce Martin
9Bevan Scott
10Tim Southee
11James McMillan

Pretty weak side, with only Jesse Ryder clearly of international quality at this stage. Having said that I wouldn't be at all surprised if this team outscored the current New Zealand batting lineup.
Three test cricketers, and six ODI cricketers. Not bad. All of the above have made useful domestic careers barring McMillan.

Now, on to me. In 2007 I treated selection like a bag of lollies so I was ready to pretend this thread never happened while I searched for my picks...

NZ

Todd Astle
BJ Watling
Jesse Ryder

Greg Hay
Kane Williamson
Kruger Van Wyk
Corey Anderson
Tim Southee
Robbie Schaw
Hamish Bennett

Though if they were to play tommorrow a line up of:

Todd Astle
Peter Ingram/Shannon Stewart
Jesse Ryder
Greg Hay
Neil Broom
Rob Nicol
Bevan Griggs
Nathan McCullum
Bradley Scott
Hamish Bennett
Matthew Harvie

Would be better IMO
Gun hit rate on the first eleven. Decent on the second. Barring Harvie and Schaw there were no crazy calls either. I'm impressed with myself.

Here is my next attempt:

Stephen Murdoch
Jeet Raval
Rob Nicol
Neil Broom
Shanan Stewart
Sam Wells
Derek de Boorder (wk)
Todd Astle
Ben Wheeler
Neil Wagner
Trent Boult

Decent seam attack. Better than the one we just used in Zimbabwe.:ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
Interesting looking at this list 4 years later. Williamson must have been 15 then! I find it surprising that most of the list are still fringe black caps at best. And Southee, Ryder and Williamson have only secured their spots in the last 12 months or so.
I can't decipher what the first team was meant to be. A talent eleven I think. And Williamson made his debut at 16/17 in 2007.

EDIT: To expand, I'm pretty confident everyone on the forum bar the New Zealand selectors would have preffered Neil Broom ahead of Watling if the latter was to bat number five, but with the squad issues we had Watling was the only extra batsman option so it is understandable. Broom is the next middle order batsman in waiting I suspect, since he is easily the best uncapped batsman in first class cricket.

Hay was found out and disappeared, Nicol appears to be considered an ODI only player at this stage (and I think it is the right call), Griggs was pure CD bias on my part, Astle is now a leg spinner and had a shocking A tour after an excellent domestic season, Harvie has been long since dropped, Scott is a decent bowler but will never play a test, and NcCullum plays ODIs only.

van Wyk is a good domestic player but I'm not sure where he is on the keeper list comparative to de Boorder, and de Grandholmme is another good domestic allrounder who is unlikely to play for New Zealand. Anderson is always injured and Schaw got dropped.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting seeing some of the lists from 07 and where the players ended up.

Just for fun:

1. Nic Maddinson
2. Ed Cowan
3. George Bailey (c)
4. Chris Lynn
5. Rob Quiney
6. Glenn Maxwell
7. James Faulkner
8. Luke Butterworth
9. Chris Hartley (wk)
10. Ben Cutting
11. Nathan Coulter-Nile

Qualifier being that they have never been capped Internationally in any format.

Doesn't look that fantastic to be honest..

indian_legend

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Uncapped in Tests XI:

Shikhar Dhawan
Ajinkya Rahane
Ambati Rayudu
Rohit Sharma
Manish Pandey
Manoj Tiwary
+CM Gautam
Ravindra Jadeja
Rahul Sharma
R Vinay Kumar
Varun Aaron

Uncapped in Internationals XI:

Unmukt Chand
Ishank Jaggi
Ashok Menaria
Ambati Rayudu
Mandeep Singh
Manish Pandey
+CM Gautam
Iqbal Abdulla
Rahul Sharma
Anwar Ahmed
Deepak Chahar

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Well I'll not bother with Scotland because they pick everyone. I'll go with England instead:

Test XI

1. Alex Hales
2. Jimmy Adams
3. James Taylor
4. James Hildreth
5. Samit Patel
6. Ben Stokes
7. Jonathon Bairstow
8. Chris Woakes
9. Glen Chapple
10. Gary Keedy
11. Stuart Meaker

Stupid England using so many bowlers.

Last edited:

Challis

U19 12th Man
Brilliant another thread where I can hype up promising Bangladeshi players.

Uncapped in Tests XI:

Anamul Haque: 18, will be in the National team soon and will be an important player for Bangladesh, has the potential to be one of the best Bangladeshi batsmen ever and average 40+, is also a pretty decent WK.

Farhad Hossain: 24, consistent performer in the NCL, is a useful off-spinner too.

Nazimuddin: 26, consistently at the top of the domestic batting charts, and has played well for the the A team. He was part of the National team pre ICL but currently keeps getting ignored.

Mominul Haque: 20, short, classy left-handed batsmen, been a consistent performer in the academy and u19s and has recently just scored 150 in his debut innings for the A team coming in at 23/3 on the tour of West Indies. Will be in the National team soon. Part time SLA

Asif Ahmed: had an excellent start to his first class career and is consistently the top scorer for his domestic side, bowls part-time off-spin.

Shuvagata Hom: 24, has been capped at ODI level, and has a great average in his few first class games. However he can be inconsistent and go through slumps of poor form. Bowls part-time off-spin.

Dhiman Ghosh: WK, 23, the best WK in the country and was part of the national team pre ICL but now doesn't even get selected for A team games apparently due to his poor batting but, IMO his WK skills should atleast get him considered.

Alauddin Babu: 19, promising pace all-rounder. Will probably be a better prospect in the shorter forms but still should turn out to be a useful third fast bowler who can bat, in the longer format.

Noor Hossain: 19, promising leg-spinner, tbh there are many options for the spinner's slot but I've chosen him as leg-spinners are rare in Bangladesh.

Kazi Kamrul Islam: 24, left-armer, has been consistent in the domestics, Bangladesh's current stock of pace bowlers are so poor he's been chosen as a left-armer would provide variety.

Kamrul Islam Rabbi: 19, not to be confused with the player above, he has raw pace, and has the potential to be the fastest bowler ever from Bangladesh (granted there's not much to beat but still). At times can be erratic but which Bangladeshi pacer isn't.

Spark

Global Moderator
Interesting seeing some of the lists from 07 and where the players ended up.

Just for fun:

1. Nic Maddinson
2. Ed Cowan
3. George Bailey (c)
4. Chris Lynn
5. Rob Quiney
6. Glenn Maxwell
7. James Faulkner
8. Luke Butterworth
9. Chris Hartley (wk)
10. Ben Cutting
11. Nathan Coulter-Nile

Qualifier being that they have never been capped Internationally in any format.

Doesn't look that fantastic to be honest..
TBH a lot of that is due to us trying about six different young and upcoming quicks in ODIs/T20s in the last year.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan

Khurram Manzoor - The top opener in the domestic circuit. Attacking player and consistent scorer. Has a good domestic average.(had a go at top level was ok could be next in line to replace or hafeez)

Nasir Jamshed - Stylish lefty opening batsman having an incredible domestic season. He is only 17 and Aaqib .thinks he's the best batsman in the country after Yousuf and Younis(not had a proper go yet has looked good whenever I have seen him bat. FC record is solid)

Ahmed Shahzad- Another attacking player who usually opens, only 15 but had a geat tour of England withe U-19's and also did well against SA in the warm-up (Looks a decent prospect though has disciplinary issues not sure we can afford an ill disciplined guy at the present moment)

Fawad Alam - Has made his debut in Odi's seems like a typical Karachi cricketer. (Still scores heavily butt for some reason he never gets a go when he does its in his least suitable format 20-20)

Adnan Raza - Has been consistently scoring at the domestic level, only 19 right now, has a great pull shot, and is been in many camps with Pakistan.(Is just a fringe FC cricketer now)

Umar Amin - Currently in the U19 squad and was the best batsman in the seies vs England, has had a good start to FC career aswell(Poor start to his international career. good prospect imo but may have more mental issues then technical.)

Mohammad Salman - THE best young keeper in the domestic circuit, many wanted him in the squad instead of Sarfraz(What a joke had a go and looked totally out of depth)

Imad Wasim* - U19 captain, and good usefull all-rounder(can't seem to decide wether he's mainly a bowler or a batsman atm he is neither and his FC record is nowt special)

Jamshed Ahmed - A bowling allrounder. Can bat but mostly a lefty bowler with Wasim type action and swing,fitness is a concern though( cant even get in to his FC side)

Sohail Pathan - Considered the best young seamer in the country, those who have seen him bowl say he's very similar to Asif though he could be a shade quicker( This was Sohail Khan, another joker hopefully never see him in Pak colors again)

Akhtar Ayub - Bowled upto 88 recently, and can also move the ball a bit. ( Another guy who is just a fringe FC cricketer now.)

Notable mentions- Mansoor Amjad, Afaq Raheem, Khalid Latif, Anwa Ali, Shoaib Khan
Lesson- never make long term predictions :D

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Uncapped in Tests XI:

Anamul Haque: 18, will be in the National team soon and will be an important player for Bangladesh, has the potential to be one of the best Bangladeshi batsmen ever and average 40+, is also a pretty decent WK.

Farhad Hossain: 24, consistent performer in the NCL, is a useful off-spinner too.

Nazimuddin: 26, consistently at the top of the domestic batting charts, and has played well for the the A team. He was part of the National team pre ICL but currently keeps getting ignored.

Mominul Haque: 20, short, classy left-handed batsmen, been a consistent performer in the academy and u19s and has recently just scored 150 in his debut innings for the A team coming in at 23/3 on the tour of West Indies. Will be in the National team soon. Part time SLA

Asif Ahmed: had an excellent start to his first class career and is consistently the top scorer for his domestic side, bowls part-time off-spin.

Shuvagata Hom: 24, has been capped at ODI level, and has a great average in his few first class games. However he can be inconsistent and go through slumps of poor form. Bowls part-time off-spin.

Dhiman Ghosh: WK, 23, the best WK in the country and was part of the national team pre ICL but now doesn't even get selected for A team games apparently due to his poor batting but, IMO his WK skills should atleast get him considered.

Alauddin Babu: 19, promising pace all-rounder. Will probably be a better prospect in the shorter forms but still should turn out to be a useful third fast bowler who can bat, in the longer format.

Noor Hossain: 19, promising leg-spinner, tbh there are many options for the spinner's slot but I've chosen him as leg-spinners are rare in Bangladesh.

Kazi Kamrul Islam: 24, left-armer, has been consistent in the domestics, Bangladesh's current stock of pace bowlers are so poor he's been chosen as a left-armer would provide variety.

Kamrul Islam Rabbi: 19, not to be confused with the player above, he has raw pace, and has the potential to be the fastest bowler ever from Bangladesh (granted there's not much to beat but still). At times can be erratic but which Bangladeshi pacer isn't.
itstl

Thanks for the post. I was wondering about the youth coming through..

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
What's happened to Imad Wasim? Considering the U19 captain before him got shoehorned will above his ability (the keeper Sarfaraz Ahmed), and thought Imad was a pretty good spinner, that he might've got a look in.

benchmark00

Uncapped XI: Players who prefered the floppy to the cap

Mark Taylor*
Michael Vaughan
Greg Chappel
Sachin Tendulkar
Mark Waugh
Carl Hooper
Alan Knott+
Wasim Akram
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Waqar Younis

M0rphin3

International Debutant

Uncapped in Tests XI:

Itstl, Anamul, Asif Ahmed et al looks really promising from what I've heard. Hom's been really disappointing offlate. What about Shabir Rahman and Saqlain Sajib?

M0rphin3

International Debutant

NZ

Todd Astle
BJ Watling
Jesse Ryder
Greg Hay
Kane Williamson
Kruger Van Wyk
Corey Anderson