• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Country's uncapped XI

haroon510

International 12th Man
Pakistan

Khurram Manzoor - The top opener in the domestic circuit. Attacking player and consistent scorer. Has a good domestic average.

Nasir Jamshed - Stylish lefty opening batsman having an incredible domestic season. He is only 17 and Aaqib .thinks he's the best batsman in the country after Yousuf and Younis

Ahmed Shahzad- Another attacking player who usually opens, only 15 but had a geat tour of England withe U-19's and also did well against SA in the warm-up

Fawad Alam - Has made his debut in Odi's seems like a typical Karachi cricketer.

Adnan Raza - Has been consistently scoring at the domestic level, only 19 right now, has a great pull shot, and is been in many camps with Pakistan.

Umar Amin - Currently in the U19 squad and was the best batsman in the seies vs England, has had a good start to FC career aswell

Mohammad Salman - THE best young keeper in the domestic circuit, many wanted him in the squad instead of Sarfraz

Imad Wasim* - U19 captain, and good usefull all-rounder

Jamshed Ahmed - A bowling allrounder. Can bat but mostly a lefty bowler with Wasim type action and swing,fitness is a concern though

Sohail Pathan - Considered the best young seamer in the country, those who have seen him bowl say he's very similar to Asif though he could be a shade quicker

Akhtar Ayub - Bowled upto 88 recently, and can also move the ball a bit.

Notable mentions- Mansoor Amjad, Afaq Raheem, Khalid Latif, Anwa Ali, Shoaib Khan

Add samiullah khan naizi, asad ali and najaf shah on that list then u r good

i think adnan raza will be the next inzi

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kemar Roach - Genuinely quick youngster 1
Nelson Pascal - Genuinely quick youngster 2
Neither of these have played a first-class match, nor have either of them bowled particularly well (pace excluded) in less than a handful of List-A matches each. There are many much better uncapped bowlers in the region.
Shaun Findlay - Jamaican youngster
Has what? One, possibly two good innings in his very brief career to date? He really has done nothing to make a lineup such as this, as slim as the pickings may be.
Nikita Miller - Stingy Jamaican left arm spinner
One of those bowlers who's only economical because he plays in the West Indies. From all I've seen he's a very mediocre "spinner". Barely turns it and does less of a job than Chris Gayle in general.
Kemar Roach
Again, much better uncapped bowlers in the region.

Mr Mxyzptlk

You left out Brendon Nash and Andrew Richardson from the Test XI for Liburd and one of Roach/Pascal. Richard Kelly should be in there ahead of Liburd for ODIs.
Liburd looks more promising than Nash tbh. Just because Nash is Australian doesn't make him any good. He's more likely to do well in ODI cricket. That said, I hope he surprises me next season.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater

roseboy64

Liburd looks more promising than Nash tbh. Just because Nash is Australian doesn't make him any good. He's more likely to do well in ODI cricket. That said, I hope he surprises me next season.
You mean Liburd will probably do well in ODIs? Because Nash didn't bat fast enough for me in the games I saw him in. Bowled decentish to well though eliminating the ability of West Indian batsmen to make lots of bowlers look better than they are.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Never heard of Mohammed and not too convinced about Lambert. Got ability but doesn't get big scores often enough.
Gets 50s consistently enough. That's a lot more than most regional batsmen.

Mohammed hasn't had many opportunities, but he's a reasonable batsman and a good wicketkeeper. Second string to Denesh Ramdin for Trinidad and Tobago. Not convinced by Patrick Browne, and there's really no other contender.

Mr Mxyzptlk

You mean Liburd will probably do well in ODIs? Because Nash didn't bat fast enough for me in the games I saw him in. Bowled decentish to well though eliminating the ability of West Indian batsmen to make lots of bowlers look better than they are.
No, I mean the best shot Nash has is in ODIs. Because he's become a lot more of an allrounder since coming to the Caribbean. I expect the powers that be would be keen to get him in the senior side too, on account of him being Australian.

roseboy64

Gets 50s consistently enough. That's a lot more than most regional batsmen.

Mohammed hasn't had many opportunities, but he's a reasonable batsman and a good wicketkeeper. Second string to Denesh Ramdin for Trinidad and Tobago. Not convinced by Patrick Browne, and there's really no other contender.
True but he just needs to do a bit more for me.

Hence Browne should be ahead of him. Similar to Alexander and Hendriks then?

roseboy64

No, I mean the best shot Nash has is in ODIs. Because he's become a lot more of an allrounder since coming to the Caribbean. I expect the powers that be would be keen to get him in the senior side too, on account of him being Australian.
Well apparently Aussies do it better.

rosppros

Banned
some new reverse phone lookup

I just found that [spam link] is very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daemon

This is actually a good bump by the bot. Interesting to see whether the players mentioned made it to the national side eventually

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1 Chris Rogers
2 Travis Birt
3 Dave Hussey (c)
4 George Bailey
5 Luke Pomersbach
6 Luke Butterworth
7 Luke Ronchi
8 Ashley Noffke
9 Aaron Heal
10 Gerard Denton
11 Doug Bollinger

(some batsmen are probably playing 1 spot too high but I rate this team, heaps of talent there).
My team looks pretty bad on paper. I wasn't picking for the future at all, just picking a team if say the main Australia side were not available due to a contract dispute.

Burt, Pomersbach, Heal, Ronchi and probably Bailey were big disappointments. The rest were all reasonable to varying degrees.

If you don't include players who have played Tests, ODIs or T20 its getting even more difficult as a number of countries give their best young players a chance through T20..

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So many Australians listed here have been really disappointing. Either not getting a cap when they should have or failed to impress when given a cap. Particularly McGain.