• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your 3rd XI

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Harby a tad unlikely to miss all three sides. As well as Pathan. Some interesting selections to say the least even when you take into account domestic records.
I did give it a thought but yes, both misses were deliberate.

Oops... missing Munaf was a mistake. Would have him in place of Ashraf Makda..

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't think he's Test calibre at this very moment but you can't tell me he doesn't have the potential to be in a couple of years time, especially having seen the way he has performed under pressure for India thus far in his career?

For mine he looks as developed as a 19 year old spinner could be and seems to have a very high upside to his game. Easily in the 3rd team for mine and the 2nd with Kartik if we're playing two spinners.
But given that all his good performances have come just in the shorter versions, that is the judgement right now.

mmm... if he can prove his worth in the longer versions, say Ranji and Duleep, there will be a change of mind...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Aussie XIs

1st XI: M Hayden, P Jaques, R Ponting (c), M Hussey, M Clarke, S Watson, B Haddin (k), B Lee, M Johnson, S Clark, S MacGill

2nd XI: P Hughes. C Rogers, B Hodge, S Katich (c), L Pomersbach, A Symonds, T Paine (k), A Noffke, B McGain, S Tait, D Bollinger

3rd XI:

L Davis
N Jewell
S Marsh
A Voges
C White (c)
M North
J Hopes
C Hartley (k)
P Siddle
N Bracken
B Hilfenhaus
Bit stiff on Hussey junior to miss out on all three XIs?