• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yasir Shah: Century Man

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
murarli chucked his whole career and we still love him (yeah i dont need tests to tell me otherwise i have eyes)

but like, tbh i dont really care about chucking i dont think it gives a huge advantage anyway

smash84

The Tiger King
murarli chucked his whole career and we still love him (yeah i dont need tests to tell me otherwise i have eyes)

but like, tbh i dont really care about chucking i dont think it gives a huge advantage anyway
lawl,

mr_mister, have you ever been a bowler? This tells me that the answer is NO :p

Shri

Mr. Glass

It was a combination of an illusion and a condition in his wrists. But yeah, most people who actually spent time observing the details around the issue without bias, came to realize he didn't do anything wrong. That said, I would rather not open that can of worms again.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lawl,

mr_mister, have you ever been a bowler? This tells me that the answer is NO :p
yeah, an offie since I was like 8 lol. someone was accused of chucking in the match I played on the weekend actually which led me to this thinking

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
A good legspinner is extremely hard to come by. By good I mean one who has a lot of control. Shane Warne is the only one who comes to my mind who had exceptional control. Yasir is pretty good with his but not at Warne levels yet. MacGill, Mushy, Abdul qadir, the other ones who come to mind but their control was not nearly as good. With off spinners its easier to contain the runs I think.
Kumble was a lucky slow medium pacer getting 600+ wickets?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
he completely slipped my mind but kumble was really more of a medium pacer than a leggie :ph34r:
best medium pacer ever, then?

played in very unhelpful conditions for medium pacers too lol....his home average should be decreased by 5-10 to do him justice in comparison :p

Last edited:

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Yasir Shah on Ashwin:

"R Ashwin sent me a tweet wishing me good luck before the Test, and I am thankful to him, for me, coming from a bowler of his stature, he has the record for fastest to 200 wickets, and that gave me motivation to do well.
Give me my like *****

listento_me

U19 Captain
Yeah he had a period of about 20 Tests where he took 100+ wickets at around 23-24, but then significantly regressed.
I have only vague memories of him from the 90s and his record is still pretty good but I guess maintaining such a high standard is unlikely even for the best of the best.

listento_me

U19 Captain
It's a shame we don't know how much of his career was 'legal' and how much was chucked. If we did, I'd still be willing to rate him based off just the legal phase of his career.
I don't see how his action was illegal. It was tested first and found to be normal (with regards to a previous injury, much like AKhtar and Murali he was given exemptions due to his wrist or elbow condition). Then, all of a sudden, the BCC...I mean ICC decided that those exemptions would no long count.

Thats a ridiculous reason to discount a great servant to the game.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Kumble was a lucky slow medium pacer getting 600+ wickets?
Tbh, most who played him said he bowled like a medium pacer...but slowly with a slight bit of turn. What got people was his exceptional control. Just because he wasn't much of a turner of the ball, doesn't mean he wasn't good. YOu guys get way too defensive way too easy.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I do for fat **** drug cheat leg spinners at least. Warne and Shah are so similar.
Have you ever actually made this asterisk argument in the countless threads involving Warne including the comparison threads? Not doubting you..just a genuine question. Just never seen this being brought up by anyone here when assessing Warne as a bowler.