• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yasir Shah: Century Man

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Sure; but see in one case you have the words of some qualified professionals, and on the other side you have a theory.

I dont think the balance of probability weighs it in favour of Yasir cheating.
Sure, it's a theory. I don't know what actually happened. I just don't understand why the words of "qualified professionals" with clear vested interests are seen as proper evidence to reduce a sentence.

Again, if he was cheating, these are the same guys that supplied him with his drugs.

And, as mentioned in the other thread, anyone who doubts doctors being in on this stuff and calls me a conspiracy theorist needs to understand that pretty much every major example of PED usage has involved doctors and whole medical organisations being complicit. At the end of the day, athletes don't understand drugs, doctors do.

cnerd123

likes this
Sure, it's a theory. I don't know what actually happened. I just don't understand why the words of "qualified professionals" with clear vested interests are seen as proper evidence to reduce a sentence.

Again, if he was cheating, these are the same guys that supplied him with his drugs.

And, as mentioned in the other thread, anyone who doubts doctors being in on this stuff and calls me a conspiracy theorist needs to understand that pretty much every major example of PED usage has involved doctors and whole medical organisations being complicit. At the end of the day, athletes don't understand drugs, doctors do.
Yea thats all true; but you see what you are doing here. You are starting with the assumption that he is guilty and feel there isnt sufficient evidence to prove him innocent. I'm starting with the assumption of innocence and fee there isnt enough evidence to pin him as guilty.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yea thats all true; but you see what you are doing here. You are starting with the assumption that he is guilty and feel there isnt sufficient evidence to prove him innocent. I'm starting with the assumption of innocence and fee there isnt enough evidence to pin him as guilty.
Agreed. Given the difficulties in catching dopers, most anti-doping agencies come to the agreement that once a banned substance is found in your system, it is up to the athlete to prove innocence rather than the organisation to prove guilt.

It's not a court of law.

listento_me

U19 Captain
tbh it's great and all he was so fast to 100 test wickets but i'm interested in seeing if he was also the fastest to leak 3000 runs against his bowling (going by matches)
avg is still only 27, which is exceptional, especially for a test spinner so who cares