• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Xavier Marshall - Drugs Scandal

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not sure. I think there was a Dermot Reeve-style coke comedown to deal with.

Actually I think he's above all a Steve Coogan rip-off. Coogan himself was once reported as saying words to the effect of "that little pr!ck should get his own material"
Prick isn't filtered, truth be told, so there's no need for attempted filter-avoidance. :p And quite damn right it's not IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This whole "tournament" is some guy with too much money on his hands that is basically buying himself a giant party. Would/should even a privately sponsored event fall under world doping guidlines?
Depends whether that bloke wants it to. I presume by the outcomes here that he does.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, because its on the World Anti-Doping Agencys list of banned substances. See S8

Christ, even WWE has banned it and that isnt even a real sport.
Blimey, didn't know that. Had never considered such a casually taken drug would be banned by WADA.

Rickripper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Not sure. I think there was a Dermot Reeve-style coke comedown to deal with.

Actually I think he's above all a Steve Coogan rip-off. Coogan himself was once reported as saying words to the effect of "that little pr!ck should get his own material"
Richard Bacon is a comedian? That's news to me.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a mong. Nothing wrong with a young guy enjoying a bit of ganj not when it ruins the chance of living everyone's dream of being an International athlete.

What a waster.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Don't quote me on this but considering the part of the country he's from it's not so surprising. Just stuff I've heard though which may be totally false.

pup11

International Coach
Marshall would be kicking himself atm, he has missed a real good chance of getting his hands on Stanford' big bucks.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Much as you may be the most pro-smoking person in history, even you'd find it hard to argue that a cricketer wouldn't be better served by not smoking than by doing so - the damage to one's athleticism by smoking is about as disputed as that the Moon orbits the Earth.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Much as you may be the most pro-smoking person in history, even you'd find it hard to argue that a cricketer wouldn't be better served by not smoking than by doing so - the damage to one's athleticism is about as disputed as that the Moon orbits the Earth.
As Johann Cruyff would doubtless confirm...

(I agree with you really, though not with your slightly unrealistic idea of banning cricketers from smoking altogether)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The suggestion about making tobacco an illegal substance wasn't a serious one - I merely meant if it were to happen, it'd actually be a good thing.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
The suggestion about making tobacco an illegal substance wasn't a serious one - I merely meant if it were to happen, it'd actually be a good thing.
Probably right. Same goes for booze too. I often think that if Ian Botham had lived a clean lifestyle and had a proper diet and training regime he could have been just about the greatest player of all time. If you knew me you'd know how ridiculously hypocritical I'm being. But I know I'm not p!ssing away a Bothamesque talent.