• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wtf just happened to cricinfo

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The main cricinfo page is titled "Get Live Scores" blah blah blah, if you open the scorecard of the match you're interested in, you still get the current score.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
The main cricinfo page is titled "Get Live Scores" blah blah blah, if you open the scorecard of the match you're interested in, you still get the current score.
Ahh ... I go to the Commentary tab and it doesn't have the score there. I see it does if you leave it on the Live tab.

Maybe I'll have to leave it on live, but all that stuff at the top takes up so much room and makes it hard to see the commentary.

Bijed

International Regular
Only just noticed that they've changed ow they display batting averages and strike rates from always being shown to 2 decimal places to now only 1/none if it would be .x0 or .00. Don't like how it makes the numbers line up in the columns, though at least we're not actually losing any information. Bowling stats appear to be unchanged though for some reason

decimals.png

I expect in their next update, they'll overcompensate and we'll be told that Tom Curran has faced 120.00 deliveries in Test Cricket

Burner

International Regular
They've removed the stats graph that used to be at the bottom of every players' profile. The ****s... I liked it a lot.

OverratedSanity

So, are old end of day reports just gone completely? I can access match reports from the stupid archive, but if I want to read the day 2 report for random test match from 2002, where do I go? Ive been trying to figure this out for a while.

Burner

International Regular
Cricinfo's regressed so bad. Bastards changed something that was perfect as it was. So many good functions removed to add in some annoying bugs. Too bad I've become so used to it, would have contemplated using a different website otherwise. Have started using statsguru though, it's pretty gun.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo app has always been sucky. Their mobile website is sucky too. Still, they have the best articles. I wouldn't move from Cricinfo to something like Cricbuzz ever (can you believe Cricbuzz has a row for IPL stats on player profile pages?).

Daemon

the mobile app is truly abysmal. live pages for games will randomly vanish and become inaccessible for no apparent reason
Yeah I really don’t get why it’s so hard for them to make a usable app. It’s laggy af and bugs all the time.

Like look at this - just opened the app

25A46C9E-E8B4-4D85-B7FA-970A257252B2.png

Daemon

Navigated to the series stats page and was met with this page for ants. Can’t zoom in or press the back button.
E85A0C62-680D-464B-9BA2-ADD0EF4247B2.jpg