• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wtf just happened to cricinfo

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, I click on one of their videos on the homepage, and it opens and starts playing in a popup, with the rest of the stuff in the background. There's also a dozen other videos on the page, one in particular on the right, which starts autoplaying in the background, with Shastri talking about character, mental discipline etc. So I have to close the video I'm trying to watch, pause the Shastri auto-playing one, and then relaunch the one I originally wanted to watch.

Just get rid of autoplaying videos on websites everywhere. Absolute menace.

Marius

International Debutant
Looks like Liam Brickhill is Cricinfo's new SA correspondent, rather than Moonda. I quite like him, but anybody would be better than Moonda.

SeamUp

International Coach
Looks like Liam Brickhill is Cricinfo's new SA correspondent, rather than Moonda. I quite like him, but anybody would be better than Moonda.
A Zimbo.

South African cricket writers not interested. Nothing against Liam.

Marius

International Debutant
A Zimbo.

South African cricket writers not interested. Nothing against Liam.
There probably guys who are interested, but it's probably hard to get in at Cricinfo I would guess.

I know Firdose only got in because of her relationship with Telford.

Daemon

I thought I would grow into the latest interface but I still hate it. That bar at the top sucks big time. Collapsible bar on the right was far easier to navigate.

cnerd123

likes this
I've migrated to Cricbuzz full-time. Only use Cricinfo for players profiles and when people link to good articles. The ICC Match Centre + Cricbuzz ball by ball commentary is satisfactory.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Cricinfo have the best free stats section (now that cricket archive has been paywalled). Cricbuzz for match day usage though definitely. Much lighter in general.

Burner

International Regular
There's so much problem with the new cricinfo that I don't know where to begin. It was perfect and they destroyed it. Still use it though because I've gotten used to it.

My biggest gripe with it how they only show 3 overs worth of the game and when you click on "show full commentary" they show the game from the beginning and you have to scroll load the entire match if you want to see what happened five overs ago. You can't look at the stats of the players playing in a certain match at the time of that match either. Used to be a cool feature that I loved. It's a travesty.

Daemon

There's so much problem with the new cricinfo that I don't know where to begin. It was perfect and they destroyed it. Still use it though because I've gotten used to it.

My biggest gripe with it how they only show 3 overs worth of the game and when you click on "show full commentary" they show the game from the beginning and you have to scroll load the entire match if you want to see what happened five overs ago. You can't look at the stats of the players playing in a certain match at the time of that match either. Used to be a cool feature that I loved. It's a travesty.
Yeah you used to be able to pull up bowling speeds, ball tracking info, pitch maps, wagon wheels at even a Player v Player level. I imagine they want to keep that data to themselves though because people were somehow ripping it off them.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Despite all the design problems with cricinfo, I'll never turn to cricbuzz. There are articles and player profile pages are so amateurish, I can write better ones.

SeamUp

International Coach
I've migrated to Cricbuzz full-time. Only use Cricinfo for players profiles and when people link to good articles. The ICC Match Centre + Cricbuzz ball by ball commentary is satisfactory.
Does cricbuzz have an app ?

OverratedSanity

The worst thing about the "new and improved" Cricinfo is still the fact that most of the match reports are no longer on the same page as the match scorecard. Digging through the archives for some old wisden report is extremely cumbersome.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Then there's tons and tons of broken links when it comes to old reports which used to work fine in the old format. For example if you want to read the match reports for each day of the Kolkata 2001 test, you can't really do it. The coverage tab on the match page shows links and headlines to end-of-day reports for all 5 days but frustratingly, if you click on any of them, they all open only the day 5 report,completely ruining any sense of the story of that game and how fortunes swung back and forth on each day. I hate it so much.