• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst thing to happen during an international cricket game?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gavaskar’s flounce in Melbourne. Pathetic.

Ambrose (may have been Walsh but think Curtly) bowling a front foot no ball by about 4 feet in a test match. Dangerous and pathetic.

Lee’s bowling to tailenders was ****ing disgusting on a lot of occasions.

NZ’s reaction to the underarm was hysterical crap.

strauss claiming the bounced catch off Hughes at Lord’s

probably the worst was India’s hysterical whining post -Sydney 2008. Tendulkar changing his evidence to protect a racist and blatantly lying at the appeal and the whole side having a cry about the “spirit of cricket” and the umpiring, conveniently forgetting they lost three wickets in an over to Michael Clarke of all people to lose the test.

only good thing about the whole episode was it inculcated my complete hatred of Indian cricket, it’s players, administrators and above all it’s supporters

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
probably the worst was India’s hysterical whining post -Sydney 2008. Tendulkar changing his evidence to protect a racist and blatantly lying at the appeal and the whole side having a cry about the “spirit of cricket” and the umpiring, conveniently forgetting they lost three wickets in an over to Michael Clarke of all people to lose the test.
One party's word over the other. That's not how the world should work. I am not saying who was right or wrong here, there was no evidence. Thorough investigation should be done in such cases, but never should the judgement be passed on someone's accusations alone.

I think the same about the recent incident with Siraj, examine such incidents thoroughly and punish the guilty. Don't just jump over conclusions. This incident was confirmed later on that the people involved indeed used the terms that Siraj complained about. But there may be other times where who knows, the people in the crowd might have said something offensive which was a regular abuse in their culture but out of line for people from a different part of the world.

Also, regarding the crowd behaviour, I am not convinced that such things happen in one or two countries alone and everywhere else it's fine. It's the issue with most countries(including India) and needs to be handled well before waiting for other such incidents. People are just toeing a certain line in general, it won't take long for them to cross that boundary.

I find it absolutely stupid when people just want to jump to conclusions on these types of issues.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
One party's word over the other. That's not how the world should work. I am not saying who was right or wrong here, there was no evidence. Thorough investigation should be done in such cases, but never should the judgement be passed on someone's accusations alone.

I think the same about the recent incident with Siraj, examine such incidents thoroughly and punish the guilty. Don't just jump over conclusions. This incident was confirmed later on that the people involved indeed used the terms that Siraj complained about. But there may be other times where who knows, the people in the crowd might have said something offensive which was a regular abuse in their culture but out of line for people from a different part of the world.

Also, regarding the crowd behaviour, I am not convinced that such things happen in one or two countries alone and everywhere else it's fine. It's the issue with most countries(including India) and needs to be handled well before waiting for other such incidents. People are just toeing a certain line in general, it won't take long for them to cross that boundary.

I find it absolutely stupid when people just want to jump to conclusions on these types of issues.

You should know Burgey posting about India and/or cricket is usually.........

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

Ambrose (may have been Walsh but think Curtly) bowling a front foot no ball by about 4 feet in a test match. Dangerous and pathetic.

only good thing about the whole episode was it inculcated my complete hatred of Indian cricket, it’s players, administrators and above all it’s supporters
OK

Daemon

This is a really tough question. Struggling to narrow down the long list of Australians lying, cheating and/or behaving like dickheads on the field.

Didn't happen, but even if it did, it didn't happen during an international cricket game. Please read the thread title again and stop trolling or I will report this to the moderators and burn a small effigy of you.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just came across this video, didn't hear about it before. And this is wrong on so many levels:wacko: For me, this is the absolute worst, worse than anything that has happened before or will happen in future.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/arti...shan-incident-how-serious-is-the-issue-182586

What do you think is the most disgraceful thing to have happened during an international game according to you guys?
Those comments, if true almost certainly violate a million code of conduct rules but honestly they're pretty tame. It wasn't abusive or threatening. Still, they can't be misinterpreted and if true he'll probably cop a fine out of it.

TheJediBrah

This is a really tough question. Struggling to narrow down the long list of Australians lying, cheating and/or behaving like dickheads on the field.

Didn't happen, but even if it did, it didn't happen during an international cricket game. Please read the thread title again and stop trolling or I will report this to the moderators and burn a small effigy of you.
Just bang already you 2

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ running out murali when he was congratulating his partner on a milestone was about as low as a snake’s arse in a wagon rut.
Makes it all the more dire every time McCullum trots out his guardian of the spirit of cricket shtick

TheJediBrah

Sure but it was Murali, a guy who played for 15 years and took over 1000 international "wickets" just walking up and pitching the ball, which makes England's murray mint cheating saga look incredibly tame in comparison. For that I'll let it slide. McCullum was just looking to even up the ledger a bit.

Last edited:

Burgey

Sure but it was Murali, a guy who played for 15 years and took over 1000 international "wickets" just walking up and pitching the ball, which makes England's murray mint cheating saga look incredibly tame in comparison. For that I'll let is slide. McCullum was just looking to even up the ledger a bit.
This is a reasonable point, but he could have evened it up by just “bowling” Williamson unchanged from one end all test, as SL did with their pitcher.