• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Test Championship 2023-25 Points Table

Molehill

International Captain
TeamMatchesWonLossDrawNRPointsPCT
1Australia321002291.67
2England3120010-8.33
3South Africa0000000
4India0000000
5Sri Lanka0000000
6New Zealand0000000
7Pakistan0000000
8West Indies0000000
9Bangladesh0000000
Can't help thinking you've got your Won/Loss/Draw stuff all ****ed up.

I'm also wondering how they penalised for over rates in the First Test and not the 2nd or 3rd where I didn't spot any noticeable difference. Although I believe any innings lasting less than 60 overs avoids any penalties.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Can't help thinking you've got your Won/Loss/Draw stuff all ****ed up.

I'm also wondering how they penalised for over rates in the First Test and not the 2nd or 3rd where I didn't spot any noticeable difference. Although I believe any innings lasting less than 60 overs avoids any penalties.
He should just link to the actual table rather than make his own incorrect one (% is way off as well)

As for over rates apparently ICC changed the rules after 1st test fiasco, and now if you bowl a team out under 80 overs there's no penalty regardless of how slow you bowl

Molehill

International Captain
He should just link to the actual table rather than make his own incorrect one (% is way off as well)

As for over rates apparently ICC changed the rules after 1st test fiasco, and now if you bowl a team out under 80 overs there's no penalty regardless of how slow you bowl
Australia should ask for their points back then given that neither of England's innings in the First Test lasted 80 overs (although they weren't bowled out in the 1st, does that matter?).

I'm still of the opinion that if the match ends in a result then no penalties should be applied.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
In that case the Ashes should've been a 2-test series like the majority of series, and 2-0 to Oz.
Selfishly, No, if it means Australia plays less. A resounding yes if we all play the same as England.
Some of England's tests didn't count towards the WTC i.e the ones against NZ in February.

But schedule the same amount of games that actually count towards the WTC and then just go off a basic point system.

If certain countries decide they want "meaningless" series outside of the WTC then that's their prerogative.

As I said I thought the whole point of the percentage thing was down to COVID cancellations.

Don't see why it should remain all teams should play the same amount of tests. Seems utterly irrelevant having a points column, only appears to be there for slow over rate deductions otherwise serves zero purpose.

The World Cup Super League didn't have such a percentage system and South Africa could have found themselves missing out after they played less due to COVID than Ireland. (who had they beaten Bangladesh 3-0 would have kicked them into the qualifier)

Now there's a shock :laugh: :laugh:

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Latest table shows how much of a joke this WTC is. Aus with 2 hard fought wins vs Eng at home are a low 61% while India are now top of the table with 100% after one spin friendly test against WI, arguably the worst side in the World right now

Shady Slim

International Coach
Latest table shows how much of a joke this WTC is. Aus with 2 hard fought wins vs Eng at home are a low 61% while India are now top of the table with 100% after one spin friendly test against WI, arguably the worst side in the World right now
no it doesn't because the only percentage and placing that matters is the one at the end of the cycle and not the horse race when only four tests which count have been played you absolute ningnong

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Updated on july 20, 2023

World Test Championship (2023-2025) - Points Table
PosTeamMWLDNRPtsPCT
1India1100012100.0
1Pakistan1100012100.0
3Australia321002261.11
4England312001027.78
5West Indies1010000.0
5Sri Lanka1010000.0
In the WTC 2023-2025, teams will get 12 points for a win, 4 for a draw and 6 for a tie. Points percentage system (PCT) will be used to determine the leaderboard. PCT = Points won by a team / Points contested * 100.

Cong to pak for 12 points

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year

Howe_zat

Audio File
no it doesn't because the only percentage and placing that matters is the one at the end of the cycle and not the horse race when only four tests which count have been played you absolute ningnong
this man must absolutely be spitting when the EPL table has Bournemouth at the top after 1 game

Molehill

International Captain
Its really disgusting reading that table and seeing Eng, Eng, Eng as the next 3 matches for 3 different nations.
It's also worth pointing out that both NZ and Pakistan will play a Test series with England in 2024. Bazball is keeping Test Cricket alive in more ways than one.

Another astonishing thing from that table, England actually played a whole Test Match without getting points docked for a slow over rate.

I believe that if England were to win this series, they would move to the top of the Test Rankings. Australia's loss to WI moved them to 117 alongside India. England on 115 would move above should they hold on (unlikely) to their lead.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Its really disgusting reading that table and seeing Eng, Eng, Eng as the next 3 matches for 3 different nations.
I must also be disgusting to see England below all these teams with a 50percent average for nothing other than over penalties on what was one of the most exciting and greatest series ever, where the over rate never stopped a result.

edit: Totally serious here, rather than trying to point out the obvious for annoyance sake.

Nas207

School Boy/Girl Captain
This competition is a joke and everyone kinda knows it. England winning in India or vice versa would mean far more to either side. Maybe it changes in the future

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Just noticed we are bottom of the WTC. Even with 6 losses out of our last 10 tests it still shows how farcical this table is.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
We do win tests. It's just unfortunate that our last two series have been against the super powers of world cricket.
Agreed, bro. The current position is just temporary and England will start to go up once they play other teams in Q3 which are all lined up.