• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Test Championship 2023-25 Points Table

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
We do win tests. It's just unfortunate that our last two series have been against the super powers of world cricket.
Up against superpowers or minnows, irrespective, each test is won by winning important sessions. If one crusader thinks he is going to play real well to his 100%, it can change things. Winning happens there and not on who your opponents are.

shortpitched713

International Captain
The thing that bothers me about India's strategy, for getting to these finals every cycle, is the backbone of it is simply completely running over SENA teams at home, in conditions unfamiliar to opponents. And then only needing to be competitive in SENA (and beat some minnows) to cakewalk to the final. They execute it well, and I'd do the same in their position. But...

I'd like to think if given the chance, those immaculate home records of India, would have at least a couple extra draws every time if Pakistan were allowed to tour there, and vice versa.

It's like, Australia has to take a hit every Ashes from their rival England in tense series, due to both tanking their over rates (lol). If India had to face their rival, they'd take a hit from the inevitable tense draws on flat as pancake pitches that those contests produce due to petrified, risk averse groundsmen.

Socerer 01

International Captain
The thing that bothers me about India's strategy, for getting to these finals every cycle, is the backbone of it is simply completely running over SENA teams at home, in conditions unfamiliar to opponents. And then only needing to be competitive in SENA (and beat some minnows) to cakewalk to the final. They execute it well, and I'd do the same in their position. But...

I'd like to think if given the chance, those immaculate home records of India, would have at least a couple extra draws every time if Pakistan were allowed to tour there, and vice versa.

It's like, Australia has to take a hit every Ashes from their rival England in tense series, due to both tanking their over rates (lol). If India had to face their rival, they'd take a hit from the inevitable tense draws on flat as pancake pitches that those contests produce due to petrified, risk averse groundsmen.
this isnt a ****post, is it?

shortpitched713

International Captain
this isnt a ****post, is it?
No, this is a real post. And yeah, besides from home partisanship or whatever, I acknowledge right now India is definitely a much better Test side than Pakistan.

It still doesn't change the fact that every series for India against Pakistan would be a significant hurdle to overcome, as a lot of times the overall records become less meaningful in those series. Pakistan isn't really troubled by Indian conditions as much as most SENA nations, and it becomes a battle of nerves (and even more often, boredom).

Right now, India march to the finals easily each time using the same strategy, then promptly lose the final in different conditions. They're not properly fight tested, imo, and it leads to quite a letdown.

Socerer 01

International Captain
No, this is a real post. And yeah, besides from home partisanship or whatever, I acknowledge right now India is definitely a much better Test side than Pakistan.

It still doesn't change the fact that every series for India against Pakistan would be a significant hurdle to overcome, as a lot of times the overall records become less meaningful in those series. Pakistan isn't really troubled by Indian conditions as much as most SENA nations, and it becomes a battle of nerves (and even more often, boredom).

Right now, India march to the finals easily using the same strategy, then promptly lose the final in different conditions. They're not properly fight tested, imo, and it leads to quite a letdown.
Pakistan didnt win 1 test against Australia, NZ and England in the last wtc cycle at their home. if those exotic foreign teams who never know how Asian pitches behave can rock up there and not lose, India aren’t going to have any trouble. it’ll be a thrashing

Socerer 01

International Captain
the other point is bizarre af. what are India supposed to do, serve up SENA conditions at their home? idk how thats even possible, even the most pace friendly grounds in India like Dharamshala and Eden Gardens are nowhere near SENA conditions for pace, if at all India has to do that in the 1st place

if conditions are unfamiliar to India’s opponents, its up to them to familiarise themselves instead of playing t20 leagues or golfing in Dubai. you dont see anyone on India’s side moaning about “unfamiliar conditions” whenever they tour despite being consistently served with pitches that dont do **** for spin

shortpitched713

International Captain
Pakistan didnt win 1 test against Australia, NZ and England in the last wtc cycle at their home. if those exotic foreign teams who never know how Asian pitches behave can rock up there and not lose, India aren’t going to have any trouble. it’ll be a thrashing
You're missing the point though. I acknowledge currently the Pakistan team kind of blows.

But how many Asian teams does India get to host? Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan? Sadly, none of these teams are currently capable of giving a test to India in their home. Yeah Pakistan under-perform, but at the very least they could test them.

I get it, politics gonna politic, but no Pak-Ind series right now just feel like something is missing.

shortpitched713

International Captain
the other point is bizarre af. what are India supposed to do, serve up SENA conditions at their home? idk how thats even possible, even the most pace friendly grounds in India like Dharamshala and Eden Gardens are nowhere near SENA conditions for pace, if at all India has to do that in the 1st place

if conditions are unfamiliar to India’s opponents, its up to them to familiarise themselves instead of playing t20 leagues or golfing in Dubai. you dont see anyone on India’s side moaning about “unfamiliar conditions” whenever they tour despite being consistently served with pitches that dont do **** for spin
I mean, logically the other thing you can do is just host the WTC final in India.

Socerer 01

International Captain
You're missing the point though. I acknowledge currently the Pakistan team kind of blows.

But how many Asian teams does India get to host? Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan? Sadly, none of these teams are currently capable of giving a test to India in their home. Yeah Pakistan under-perform, but at the very least they could test them.
ive said this in some of the many atg ****fests that pop up, a large reason why modern SC bowlers dont get due credit is because there isnt another Asian team thats good enough to challenge India properly

and no, Pakistan really cant test this Indian team, they’re really poor sadly

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain

Give us a break. We beat Australia in Australia, have won two games in Englad, were up 2-1, even obliterated South Africa in a test in a bouncy two paced pitch thst saw us lose 6 wickets without adding any runs to the scoreboard. We even fended a Chittagong test with late order resistance (Ashwin proving to be an allrounder) and came back strongly after losing the first test against England at home two times in the span of gwo WTC test cycles. We even were on the brink of losing our place to Srilanka and infact if India had lost one more test against Aus at home, Srilanka were automatic qualifiers in last WTC cycle if i am not wrong. We even lost a test against Australia at home and thats not a clean sweep or comprehensive win plus the NZ team drew one test in India due to their late order resistance. (Keshav Maharaj)

shortpitched713

International Captain
Give us a break. We beat Australia in Australia, have won two games in Englad, were up 2-1, even obliterated South Africa in a test in a bouncy two paced pitch thst saw us lose 6 wickets without adding any runs to the scoreboard. We even fended a Chittagong test with late order resistance (Ashwin proving to be an allrounder) and came back strongly after losing the first test against England at home two times in the span of gwo WTC test cycles. We even were on the brink of losing our place to Srilanka and infact if India had lost one more test against Aus at home, Srilanka were automatic qualifiers in last WTC cycle if i am not wrong. We even lost a test against Australia at home and thats not a clean sweep or comprehensive win plus the NZ team drew one test in India due to their late order resistance. (Keshav Maharaj)
I get it. But you've got to win one now.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The current Pakistan team is not that great. They'd get absolutely walloped home and away vs India. India are just missing out on free points by not playing them imo.

The team under Misbah from 2012-16 would've given India a real tough challenge but the current one? No shot of even a draw unless there's some crazy flat road.

Victor Ian

International Coach
The current Pakistan team is not that great. They'd get absolutely walloped home and away vs India. India are just missing out on free points by not playing them imo.

The team under Misbah from 2012-16 would've given India a real tough challenge but the current one? No shot of even a draw unless there's some crazy flat road.
I'm not so sure of this. I'd expect Pakistan at home elevates a few levels just like England at home do against Australia.

Sunil1z

International Regular
As I said in the other thread , current Pak team is like IND of 80s . Absolutely pathetic and contender’s for the worst Asian team ( IND/ PAK/ SL only ) .
That Misbah side was actually good and might have given us tough fight .

Sunil1z

International Regular
Why dont you get my point. It was not easy for the Indians thats what I am saying. You seem to indicate it was like a walkover win to reach WTC finals.
I think he is expressing frustration that IND reach WTC final and then lose easily.
But this is part of a larger problem this Team has . They have forgotten the art of winning ICC tournaments.

And I am not sure we will win WTC final if it is held in INDIA after ODI WC final 😣