• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Speed Draft

Howe_zat

Audio File
The Saffas' demolition of Italy has now opened up a sizeable lead for Stephen, and tournament leader Mapimpi is almost single-handedly bringing Magrat back into the game. Brumby is now in last place and will want England and Wales to rack up a score this weekend.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WhhXlg6JufLSt1bYCBrvqvdYtDF63_3GcedUefzyK3c/edit?usp=sharing

Five players in the tournament are yet to score:

Mako Vunipola (Howe)
Tevita Kuridrani (Magrat)
Taniela Tupou (Ripper)
Brodie Retallick (Ripper)
Juan Manuel Leguizamon (Stephen)

Kuridrani and Retallick will get their first starts this weekend, while Vunipola and Tupou will be replacements. There's still no sign of Leguizamon.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Anton Lienert-Browns performance against Namibia:

Two tries, 1 assist, 106 metres made, 12 tackles, 0 missed.

61.2 points in one match and that will almost certainly not be bettered for the rest of the tournament. Between him, Savea and Perenara we now have Magrat and Brumby leading the field. Things have changed.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
looking like I'll have 5 players KOed though so there's that.

Kinda expected the flankers to contribute more points through tackles tbh

Howe_zat

Audio File
I've just notice that if you check the spreadsheet today you will find all the scores are wrong, so please don't

Previous updates are still correct, I've just left it mid-rework right now.

Edit: All fixed up. Magrat keeps her lead thanks to the Republic's beating up of Canada, and becomes the first drafter to crack the 500 mark.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Would people like to have only rounds 1-3 counted due to cancelled matches, or just have the England, France and NZ players have one fewer match than the others?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As an outsider I suggest you have to count all games. France, for instance, will be going out in the quarter finals so their players will miss a game compared to other teams.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Would people like to have only rounds 1-3 counted due to cancelled matches, or just have the England, France and NZ players have one fewer match than the others?
I'm happy with the NZ, France and England players having one less match. Rather count every game played.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I'm happy any which way... does seem unfair on Brumby. But maybe deserves the punishment for picking so many french players?

ripper868

International Coach
I'd agree, but do we then remove the worst scoring game for each player? E.g. I've got Kerevi and Koroibete playing Georgia this weekend, so do we take away the match v Uruguay that they didnt play in?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pool stage over. We're on the home stretch.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WhhXlg6JufLSt1bYCBrvqvdYtDF63_3GcedUefzyK3c/edit?usp=sharing

Ripper was the man with the best run to close the pool stages, with Russell, Genia and especially Koriobete reeling in the points. The latter has just overtaken Mapimpi to become the tournament's leading points scorer.

Leading the chasing pack is Magrat, who got a strong performance out of Jonny Gray on the final weekend, but may run into trouble as the tournament goes on with her five elimated players not contributing. Stephen holds on in third place, no points over the weekend but he did get Tuisova scaring the **** out of Wales midweek. Brumby, having angered God for many years, has to settle for fourth after a typhoon kept the majority of his team from playing.

At the back end James has recovered somewhat after Sanchez found form against the USA, but it may be rather too late as his Puma selections depart the tournament. I'm next, and will need a lot more time on the pitch for England forwards. I'm also the only one to get a member of the team red carded. Marcuss, the early leader, is last. The likes of Dupont and Yato have gone missing despite their early promise, but his biggest problem has been oppertunity cost with Farrell missing kicks (and being the only #10 in the game to be outscored by his tighthead prop).

So the standings are:

1) Ripper's Renegades - 590.6
2) Dynamo Morpork - 561
3) Southern Mob & A Welshman - 556.2
4) Nip/Ruck - 540.4
5) James XV - 514.4
6) Prop n' Lock - 513.6
7) Marcuss - 506.6

So the order for the bonus selection will be:

Marcuss
Howe
James
Brumby
Stephen
Magrat
Ripper

Please say which player you are dropping and which player you're picking. Time limit of 24 hours per pick.

ripper868

International Coach
Bloody well run thing this Howe. Have really enjoyed it.

Next time around, let's see if we cant pull together a squad of 20...limited to 1 player from each team, scoring in pool phases only.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hmm - here's what I think is the highest scoring XV with that restriction (with some educated guesses, ofc)

1. Jefferson Poirot (FRA)
2. Julian Montoya (ARG)
3. Tagdh Furlong (IRE)
4. Jonny Gray (SCO)
5. Jake Polledri (ITA)
6. Juan Manuel Gaminara (URU)
7. TJ Ioane (SAM)
8. Kizuki Himeno (JAP)

9. Will Genia (AUS)
10. George Ford (ENG)
11. Josh Adams (WAL)
12. Anton Lienert-Brown (NZL)
13. Semi Radrada (FIJ)
14. Makazole Mapimpi (RSA)
15. Telusa Veainu (TON)

Howe_zat

Audio File
I’ll assume it’s Yato unless he says otherwise.

I’m dropping Stuart Hogg in favour of Josh Adams.

James to pick.