• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Speed Draft

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If it makes you feel any better, props tend not to have big disparity in their scoring unless they've given away tons of penalties.
Could have told me bat before I picked one in R3 :ph34r:

Pick will have to wait until tomorrow unfortunately...

ripper868

International Coach
Isi Naisarani

"Rippers Renegades"
6 AUS, 3 NZ, 2 WAL, 1 RSA, 1 ENG, 1 SCO, 1 IRE.
No 1st choice kickers :/

1. Steven Kitshoff
2. Ken Owens
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Brodie Retallick
5. James Ryan
6. Josh Navidi
7. David Pocock
8. Isi Naisarani
9. Will Genia
10. Finn Russell
11. Sevu Reece
12. Samu Kerevi
13. Manu Tuilagi
14. Marika Koroibete
15. Ben Smith

Jarquis

Satisfied that my team list is the best looking in temrs of colour scheme.

If it wasn't for the post-group stage round we could have fleshed out Jimmy's side between us

Howe_zat

Audio File
Today's games are up. Stephen takes the early lead, but Marcuss is in a strong position since he's in second and has a lot of players getting a game tomorrow. I'm in last place which is to be expected.

Peceli Yato the standout player for me, near the top scorers despite getting beaten and only on the pitch for 25 minutes.

Added a 'team of the tournament' column so you can see who are the top scorers in each position.

Howe_zat

Audio File
With every team now a game in, Tim Nanai-Williams has just done enough to pull James out of last place, just a couple of points ahead of Magrat.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WhhXlg6JufLSt1bYCBrvqvdYtDF63_3GcedUefzyK3c/edit?usp=sharing

One game down, six to go :)

Curiously, there are no New Zealanders in the opening week's statistically best XV.

Edit: In fact there are only 5 southern players in that side - 3 Aussies, 1 Argentinian and a Fijian - making the early draft of the team of the tournament the second most northern team on there (after Brumby's).

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Conor Murray's performance vs Japan is the first negative match score of anyone in the tournament.

0 tries, 0 assists, 0 points kicked, 15m made, 5 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 3 penalties conceded.

I am not gonna win.

Howe_zat

Audio File
They certainly have, several Barretts now occupy the highest scoring team spots. Probably would have been more if anyone had picked Jordie. Williams, Ioane and Read also getting their campaign into gear this week.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WhhXlg6JufLSt1bYCBrvqvdYtDF63_3GcedUefzyK3c/edit?usp=sharing

Ripper still holding on to a tentative lead, followed by Brumby after Poirot's try today and and Laidlaw's points on Monday lifted him above me. Marcuss has fallen back a bit and Magrat looks off the pace a little after round two.

ripper868

International Coach
All with Retallick still sitting idle and Thor sitting on fat zero as well...hoping rumours of Retallick back for Namibia comes to fruition! And that Thor gets 3 50m tries off the bench the Guays

Jarquis

Half of my ****ing team got rested against minnows; all you blokes picking less important/inferior players who it’s not a priority to rest and raking in the points.