• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

<<<World Club Cricket Herald>>>

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
AgeMaster Linked with Karnataka Job

With Mick Beasley set to make a come back in Colts colours this weekend after some time away from the game filled with controversy, the Colts cricket club may be set to lose their manager.

After 4 successful years at the helm of Colts, it might be time for Age to move on. In response to the media's questions about his future, Age suggested he had grown out of Colts and "wouldn't mind getting Karna though". The move I feel would be a fruitful one for both parties. Age would be able to walk into a club that gives him the chance of winning a championship, whilst Karnataka's sinking **** may well float again with Age the disciplinarian at the helm.

Karnataka's board seemed excited about the idea of employing Age as manager, however remained quiet on whether any deal had yet been struck. "he's a fine manager and would fit in nicely at the club,we would welcome him with open arms".

There are however two major bumps in the road for Karnataka to signing age, Anderson and Beasley. Whilst Beasley's been under added scrutiny lately, both he and Adreson are fine players and it is believed Age wants to stay at Colts to help them further their careers.

It will be interesting to see what Colts try to do to hold onto Age, or whether they want to keep him at all.

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
sorry andrew, we cant all be right 100% of the time like u r...
I understand... wait, what am I saying. Of course I don't understand simpleton's like you :p

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
glory hunting lol, nibbs ur a ********, think of it like this, if in soccer the manager of a team in a lower league, say oxford for example, would he turn down the chance to manage man utd or chelsea, just because thy are already the best? no he wouldnt, i want to be at the top, ive rebuilt this SA side and it barely resemebles what it was last season, so if you call me a glory hunter one more time im going to take drastic measures....

nibbs

International Captain
rebuilt it from there endless swarms of resources. rebuilding SA would be rather easy. i reckon i could've done a lot with the likes stratton, jayawardene, and flower etc.

this isn't the english premier league though, it's heaps different too that. imo it can be seen as, 'i can't handle the fact that my side isn't winning so i'm gonna leave now, in the hope of doing better with a club that is pretty much awesome.'

Simon

in fact it wasnt at all like that kurt, blewy was ready for a new challenge of managing a side lower down and i thought this would be a good chance to test myself in division 1, the aim is to keep SA at the top, we have seen Mumbai, Qld and NSW all reign division 1 at some stage, but SA are #1 now and my goal is to keep them there, its a bit harder than it sounds too!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
ACT Press Release

ACT Manager Brendon Goff returned serve on South Australian Manager Simon Fitzsimmons after his comments in the WCC Weekly Wrap...
Fitzsimmons comment 'The (ACT) players lacked confidence and showed a very low fitness levels. Reports are they have been poorly coached under new manager Brendon Goff and the board may soon be seeking a replacement for Goff's services, naturally Goff has rejected these claims and has also suggested legal action may be commenced if any more rumours of his bizarre private life are leaked to the media.' had the ACT manager in a very heated state and this was shown at the conference today when Goff told a packed media hall that Fitzsimmons comments were an attempt to unsettle ACT into getting rid of Goff, so he could escape his position in South Australia and return to the Division 4 side as he couldn't handle the high pressure position in SA.
Goff has voiced his 1st real comment on his ex-SA side saying that Fitzsimmons had made all these changes and all of a sudden things weren't looking so rosey for him..
Also stating that ex-SA players Rob Stratton and Luke French have reportedly told Goff that they are glad Fitzsimmons let them go as they would struggle to play under such an incompetent manager...

This comment also backs up reports that other Redback players have already started looking for ways to get out of their contracts at the end of the season...

As for the comments about legal action, Goff Laughed when saying " the only legal action ill take is giving him a beating out the back of the sheds"..

© ACT Cricket 2004

Simon

South Australia Hit Back at Goff and ACT

Shocking news in the WCC world this after, after it was announced Former South Australian manager Brendon Goff was actually sacked by the team last year. Reports at the time said that Goff quit claiming he had achieved all he possibly could have with the redbacks. An official with the club had this to say, "Goff was a great tactician, he loves his cricket, but as a person he just didnt mix well with the rest of the organisation." These comments have again raised issues about Goff's private life which has extensively been noted in the recent past.

Fitzsimmons has come out swinging in regards to comments made to the media by Goff, saying "Its pretty obvious the best man for the South Australian team currently has the job, while i respect the job he did with the side on the field, it appears he hasnt got a very good wrap around this place." "On the issue of players wanting to leave, thats total garbage, star players Keith Ferguson, Hagis Midlane and Ben Allen have all signed new contracts in recent weeks and will definatey be wearing the Black and Red in season 6." "Goff is obviously a bit of a loony if he honestly believes these comments hes been making about the side, i think maybe he should worry about deadlines and naming 11 players to play each week before he starts dishing it out to opposition managers"

As for Goff's threats on manager Fitzsimmons, the South Australian boss had this to say, "I'll take him any time anywhere, if he thinks hes going to give me a beating, hes got another thing coming."

Last edited:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Karnataka Gamble on Vimes

Little known Samuel Vimes was today announced the new manager of the Karnataka cricket club, rated by some as the best side in WCC. In one of the worst kept secrets in WCC history Aditya resigned post game last week, however his replacement was a real surprise.

After allegedly having Age about to sign a contract, only for his pen to run out've ink, the Karnataka management have gone for the Norwegian. He is the first from his country to manage a WCC side.

A major factor in the selection ofVimes is his success at the helm of Oslo, in making their side one of the top in the acadamy. It is believed that all in the Karnataka camp are happy however as Vimes, in his brief stint as manager of Oslo, Vimes allowed a very relaxed atmosphere in the camp. "I really let them just play cricket, the role of managers are changing these days and the guys really responded to that".

His job is going to be a big one though, at this stage relegation is looking a big possibility unless the new man can turn the ship around.

Rich2001

International Captain
Hehe Rich goes away to help run Cricket Web while James is out of town and I come back to find everyone fighting so like they say if you can't beat them, join them :p

Meanwhile back at Canterbury the Kent boys have finally found that winning touch with big wins over Queensland and Yorkshire in the past two weeks after going four weeks without a win.

Reports suggested that if the team failed to win soon manager Rich2001 was getting so sick and tired of the lack of effort that he warn them all that he would pack them all off to South Australia, the thought of working with Simon soon scared them into life and they vowed to give 100% :p :D

This week sees Kent jetting off into the unknown as Kent take on Colts for the first time in WCC history, the match will be tough but I can see the lads bringing home the points... reports are that the Colts team are having trouble with infighting with the news that manager Age was ready to dump them on the scrapheap to go find titles with a "better" outfit in India and with news of serval players feeling let down by their boss will they be up for it?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Fitzsimmons has the Hide to call Goff a bad manager??

How can Simon Fitzsimmons call anyone a bad manager??? That is the question....

This man struggled with a decent Worcestershire team, he then 'Just' managed to win D5 a few seasons back with a far superior side to anyone, and now he comes into a "quality' side, destroys it and loses to a below par Surrey (sorry marc :p ;) )...
Fitzsimmons to me is a pretender, never was, never will be, as for the comments of Goff being sacked from SA, and having personal life problems, This all coming from the bloke who "alledgedly" raped and pilliged poor old Nibblets Sheep..

Need i say more???

Rich2001

International Captain
Blewy said:
Fitzsimmons to me is a pretender, never was, never will be, as for the comments of Goff being sacked from SA, and having personal life problems, This all coming from the bloke who "alledgedly" raped and pilliged poor old Nibblets Sheep..

Need i say more???
HAHA classic Blewy! :D

Blewy said:
Need i say more???
Yes please, the above was a good read :cool:

Simon

South Australia to defend Fitzsimmons

SACB will make a statement regarding the recent allegations in a press conference in approximately 45 minutes, the WCC world is waiting with anticipation.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Vimes reckons future is bright
Blames "Uncertainty" for poor results

Karnataka, the only Indian side in the top WCC flight this season, have announced the signing of young Norwegian manager Håkon Mørk, who has been using the adapted nickname Samuel Vimes in order to avoid explaining how to pronounce the letters. The WCC Herald caught up with the manager of a team in crisis, placing a lowly fifth in both four-day and one-day cricket.

"Clearly the team is in a tough position, but there was some uncertainty about Aditya's position and I think that's what has brought on this poor play. From what I have gathered, the team has been underperforming for much of the season - particularly in the four-day, where only Ali, Wilkins and Maxwell have done reasonably well - and the one-day team have played well individually, but just haven't been able to pull off results. So we just gotta continue working, and maybe the tide will turn."

Vimes dismissed claims that he was too unexperienced with cricket to lead the side. "Contrary to popular belief, some Norwegians are interested in cricket, and the WCC academy team in Oslo has only contributed to increasing this interest. I felt I had a good team going in the Tigers and was quite sad to leave them, but my opportunities lie here now and I only hope to take Karnataka out of recent decline."

"I am also surprised at finding that the place is fairly cool," he said. "I expected when going to India that it would be too hot to have trainings in midday, but it turns out that the temperature is quite pleasant here and not too different from summers in my home country. I'm enjoying my stay and hope to have a home in Bangalore for many seasons to come," Vimes beamed.

Rich2001

International Captain
It's good to have you on board mate, best of luck (until you play Kent of course).

Just one thing, you might want to update your Sig' :)

Simon

Future is Rosy

On Belhalf of manager Simon Fitzsimmons, the SACB have this to say; We support our manager 100%, while we were sad to see Goff leave at the end of season 4, we dont believe there was a better replacement than the man we have now. We wish Goff and his team the best of luck in future years, we also look foward to having many great division 1 battles with his team in coming seasons.

As far as Goffs aligations are concerned we have this to say; We were rather surprised by Goff's attack on his past record with other clubs, his record, which includes managing Worcesterhsire to 3rd spot in season 1 in the division 2 comp was a fine effort, and winning both titles in divison 5 in ACT's first season, which included an unbeaten one day season, he has history on his side and theres no reason why this success cant be continued in the future. The players have taken full responsibility for their performance against Surrey, everyone at the SACB admits they were simply outplayed during the match.

As far as Goffs stinging attack of the alleged personal life of our manager, the SACB have had their PA people on the phone to Warwickshire all morning, and after extensive searches and round ups, it has been proven that all of nibs 24 personal sheep are still safe and well. The fact that Fitzsimmons has never visited Warwichshire proves the sheep have not come into contact with the SA manager.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I can assure you that you weren't unbeaten in OD with ACT, lying goit.

20th February 2004, One Day Round 7

Code:
Virtual Cricket Results

Team			Played	Won	Lost	Drawn	Tied	Total	Net RR	
1  ACT			10	8	2	0	0	16	 1.84
2  Free State		10	7	3	0	0	14	 0.74
3  Karachi		10	6	4	0	0	12	-0.13
4  Jamaica		10	4	6	0	0	8	-0.97
5  Guyana		10	3	7	0	0	6	 0.23
6  Mashonaland		10	2	8	0	0	4	-1.53
I know I did you over once, can't remember t'other.

Last edited: