• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

<<<World Club Cricket Herald>>>

DJellett

International Debutant
Mashonaland adopt new mascot

Formerley mascot-less WCC team Mashonaland have today announced that they will adopt a new mascot.
The mascot, to be decided in the next week, will be represented in all future mentions of Mashonaland.

Team manager Dylan Jellett said it was a constant disheartenment for the players to just be Mashonaland, blaming the side's often lacklustre performances on that.

nibbs

International Captain
In regards to Mashonaland's plans to adopt a new mascot Warwickshire are also considering dumping the Bear and are considering a range of proposal's from fans and players. A decision is expect tomorrow

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
this is a side topic but the eels are considering dumping the eel as their mascot. any suggestions can be sent to the parramatta leagues club. i'll write something else on the situation of colts cricket in a sec

Slats4ever

Lee hits out at Colts Critics

In what has been a turbulent couple of days for the Colts cricket club, some positive news has finally come out've the club, in the form of world class quick, Brett Lee.

Brett lashed out at journalists waiting outside his jungle castle in Sri Lanka saying "all the talk about players losing faith in Age is rubbish". He went on to say "to rubbish age as a person like that is unfair, and completely unwarranted as all the players are completely behind him". It is believed that the Colts star who has played at many other teams in his career is having the most fun under manager Age.

When asked about the Mick Beasley issue though, Brett responded by "the medias attention given to him following a death in the family is totally outrageous, give the guy a break and lay up on him, all us Colts boys and Age are 100% behind him now in this hard time".

The team morale shown here by Brett will be tested and on show this weekend as they will be looking to turn their fortunes around sooner rather than later.

Mr. P

Former Colts Stars confess "Age was a terrible coach"

In light of the recent happenings at Colts CC, former club greats S Sharath and K Daly, now of Somerset, have accussed the manager of lack of freedom for the playing group. The two also hit back at Lee, saying Lee was the one player at the club who was actually treated well, hence his defence of Age.

"In my time spent at Colts, the place was a mess. Barring Brett Lee, players had no form of freedom and at one point we were considering approaching the board in a vote of no confidence. I can confirm 100% that many of last seasons players were involved in that. The main reason myself and Mr. Daly moved clubs was because of this coaching, and so far we have found Somerset most enjoyable." Sharath continued, "I would have no second thought in saying Colts CC was not enjoyable.

K Daly also confirmed these thoughts.

DJellett

International Debutant
Mashonaland announce mascot

is just one of the headings I could use later when I announce Mashonaland's mascot

DJellett

International Debutant
MASHONALAND ANNOUNCE MASCOT

WCC team Mashonaland CC have announced their new mascot.
The team will now go by the name of the Mashonaland Eagles, with a logo and new team uniform to be presented to the press soon.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag speaks out

Former Colts star Virender Sehwag has today spoken out against his current coach Mr Ponting, accusing him of blatantly misleading the public regarding Colts management.

"All that stuff that has been in the media over the last couple of days about Age is complete crap, hes the best coach ive ever had, he gives great advice on your game and he gives you plenty of chill time between training and games etc.

The only reason that Daly and Sharath said anything was because Mr Ponting forced them to, he threatened to fine them 2 weeks wages and possibly drop them from the side. Pretty much all the stuff that they said was made up just to try and make things worse for the colts. i just cant stand around and let them do that to a mate"

"im still commited to somerset ofcourse, and looking forward to scoring alot of runs for them this season, so long as Somerset management doesn't try any more silly stunts that cause problems for Age and my other mates for other sides. On the field we can be the worst enemies possible but off the field we should all be mates. not doing that sort of stuff to each other."

Mr. P

Sehwag Rumours.

Rumours are flowing that during his last press conference, Virender Sehwag was heavily under the influence of drugs. More to follow.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag Shocked

Sehwag is shocked at his current coaches accusations and is considering taking personal time away from the team to work out what he wants to do longer term

Mr. P

Actually the Somerset manager wasn't the one creating the rumours, he was just posting OF them.

In fact the Somerset manager released a press conference earlier confirming that the rumours were false, and that every single player at Somerset was behind him, he was behind them, and so did the Somerset players. Afterwards tests were taken and nobody was under the influence of drugs.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Beasley in contact with South Australia

Rumours flying around wcc this morning linking embattled Colts star M Beasley to reigning champions South Australia have been further enhanced by Redbacks coach Simon Fitzsimmons.

It was well documented that SA made a play for the all rounder in he last trading period, but came up short of a reasonable offer. However news to the players recent private problems have lead to suggestions that he wants out of Colts and would be happy with a return to his native Australia.

South Australian Manager Simon Fitzsimmons confirmed this morning that he has discussed terms of a possible contract with Beasley for season 6 and beyond, however no formal approach of a trade has been sort after it is believed SA will go to all lengths to secure the player.

Rumours of Beasley's private life have led him to take several weeks away from the game, while Colts will be reluctant to let the player go, in the end the happiness of the player may be all it takes for him to be wearing the red and black of South Australia.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Colts manager Demmands apology

Colts Manager Age_Master has come out firing over recent lies coming from other WCC clubs. He said the following to the media throng following his every move.

"I was personally offended by claims made by certain other clubs in the competition, which have since been proved lies. If i had put another person in that sort of position i would certainly be apologising, ofcourse i would not do anything like that in the first place. Surely this is not in the spirit of the game."

Mr. P

age_master said:
" If i had put another person in that sort of position i would certainly be apologising, ofcourse i would not do anything like that in the first place."
Wouldn't want to be a hypocrite, eh?;) This was a downright lie.

Sehwag is shocked at his current coaches accusations and is considering taking personal time away from the team to work out what he wants to do longer term

Slats4ever

Beasley Spotted at Sri Lankan Air port

It has been alleged that Mick Beasley may soon begin training with the Colts side after being spotted in the "private tarmac" area at the Sri Lankan National Airport.

A fanatic Colts fan quickly got in contact with the Herald after seeing Beasley in the wee horus of this morning. He voiced the emotions of what most Colts fans are feeling now. "It's such a good feeling knowing our star is back in town, we were so worried about him and all the rumours that had been flying around".

Whilst Beasley may well be back in Colts territory, he hasn't shown his face to the media. Journalists were waiting at the Colts training session today and he wasn't seen training with the team. This leads the question as to whether he's ready to pack his bags and leave this town.

AgeMaster at the time was unavailable for comment but it will be interesting to see if Beasley is back in town to train or if this was just a story concocted without evidence.

Slats4ever

Guyana Player Involved in Burglary Investigations

Guyanese Police this morning have confirmed reports that a member of the of the Guyana Cricket team was involved in a hold up of a Service Station last Monday night.

The station was held up at 3 am in the morning and $4000 stolen from the till. A spokesperson from the police was unable to confirm who the player was and if he was actually involved or just a witness.

In a turbulent few days for the WCC world, this allegation may well prove an obstacle to one of the teams who are playing the most entertaining and fine cricket this year.

It is hoped a release from the Guyanese police will be forthcoming later today as to more information about the involvement of the player.

It will be interesting to see how the WCC board approach the actions of his player as it is the first time in the histor of the game that a player may well be involved in a legal investigation.