• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

<<<World Club Cricket Herald>>>

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
is there a major problem with me doing this simon? i reckon it's a way of making things slightly more believable.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slats4ever said:
is there a major problem with me doing this simon? i reckon it's a way of making things slightly more believable.
naa i think its great, im just saying u must have a lot of spare time to do this!

Slats4ever

cool it's just that i have a lot of free time at work. the mobile industry is dead right now... i'll serve about 1 customer seiously per 8 hors of my day.... so in essence i'm getting paid for my b grade journalism at the herald

Slats4ever

Tempers Flare between Colts and SA

Both teams fortunes couldn't be different, both teams current situation couldn't be different, but both sides managers are hungry for the signing of Beasley for next season.

The recent tension between the two sides has recently boiled over to a verbal confrontation between the two at the recent promote cricket 2004 tour. Age is alleged to have insinuated that Simon is uncool and is so uncool infact that he has "a fair bit of free time as well". Age then went on to say he likes going to the movies with friends and likes his part time job at Woolworths which gives him somehing to do in his time.

Simon then responded by saying "funny that" hinting that perhaps he sees Age's views as a whole on cricket as a joke.

Are the effects of the two rivals clashing over Beasley's signature starting to take a toll on their relationship? Will the way the arguement pans out issue the decision of Beasley as to where he will play next season?

DJellett

International Debutant
Mashonaland Eagles announce Logo

Mashonaland Eagles have released ttgeir new team logo to the press.

Can this logo please be used on the website?
Thnaks.

Attachments

Simon

its gonna look a bit wierd on the green background, but im sure theres no problems putting it on....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warwickshire player "fails drugs test"

Wisden Cricinfo staff

September 23, 2004

A Warwickshire player is to appear before an ECB disciplinary panel on Monday (Sept 20) after reportedly failing a drugs test. Warwickshire and the ECB declined to confirm the identity of the player concerned, but a report in the Daily Telegraph alleged that it was D Howarth, the 21-year-old allrounder who has also played for England A.

Howarth, who has been struggling with a back injury that has stopped him playing World Club Cricket this year, reportedly gave a positive sample after a random drug test after Warwickshire's first four day match of the season, against Worcestershire.

The WCC heads confirmed that a disciplinary hearing had been set up in accordance with their anti-doping regulations.

According to the Telegraph the drug involved is recreational, rather than performance-enhancing. The English authorities have always pursued a hard line on drug abuse, of whatever kind: in 1996 Ed Giddins was suspended for 18 months after traces of cocaine were found in his systen.

© Wisden Cricinfo Ltd

Simon

WCC Board respond to drug claims

The WCCC wish to announce that the reports linking a warwickshire player to a failed drug test are nothing more than rumours at this stage. While we acknowledge that the player has been tested and a "substance" has been found, what the drug is and weather or not it is on wcc's banned substance list is still not known.

While the investigation is being taken place, the player will still be eligible to play for his club and represent his region in world club cricket's all star series at the end of the year if selected.

the WCC board will report their finding in due time.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slats4ever said:
Guyanese Police this morning have confirmed reports that a member of the of the Guyana Cricket team was involved in a hold up of a Service Station last Monday night.

The station was held up at 3 am in the morning and $4000 stolen from the till. A spokesperson from the police was unable to confirm who the player was and if he was actually involved or just a witness.

In a turbulent few days for the WCC world, this allegation may well prove an obstacle to one of the teams who are playing the most entertaining and fine cricket this year.

It is hoped a release from the Guyanese police will be forthcoming later today as to more information about the involvement of the player.

It will be interesting to see how the WCC board approach the actions of his player as it is the first time in the histor of the game that a player may well be involved in a legal investigation.

In response to allegations made by certain sections of the WCC community Guyana have hit back with the following statement.

Guyana manager Mister Wright had this to say at a unscheduled press conference at 10pm tonight he read a pre-prepared statement.

"We in Guyana like to keep our business to ourselves and we strongly advise other people (not naming names) to look after their own affairs before they start accusing others of things they know nothing about.

"The alleged incident at the petrol station was a specially organised training session and was conducted in conjunction with Guyanese political and law-enforcement authorities.

"We understand that other managers may not quite get our training techniques when they prefer to sit on sofas and eat pizza all day long with their team, but we are committed to turning this Guyanan franchise into a strong, fit, healthy and competitive buch of players, and starting the season off without a loss has certainly shown what we are capable of.

"I advise other managers to look after their own teams first. Thank you for coming tonight, I have nothing more to say."

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire reject drug allegations

Warwickshire laughed off claims that star batsmen, not allround, Daniel Howarth has tested positive for drugs. "These comments are rsther unfounded and pretty much ********. The article is more crap journalism, with plenty is errors. Howarth isn't struggling with a back injury for starters, and he's played every game this season.Warwickshire wont be surprised if the issue isn't taken further.

ash chaulk

International Captain
i might get my Number 11 F Akram drug tested due to his Performance with the bat he made a Fiddy In a 103 run 10th wicket partnership blus taking 6 wickets for the match.

thing is we lost (again)

Slats4ever

Mister Wright said:
In response to allegations made by certain sections of the WCC community Guyana have hit back with the following statement.

Guyana manager Mister Wright had this to say at a unscheduled press conference at 10pm tonight he read a pre-prepared statement.

"We in Guyana like to keep our business to ourselves and we strongly advise other people (not naming names) to look after their own affairs before they start accusing others of things they know nothing about.

"The alleged incident at the petrol station was a specially organised training session and was conducted in conjunction with Guyanese political and law-enforcement authorities.

"We understand that other managers may not quite get our training techniques when they prefer to sit on sofas and eat pizza all day long with their team, but we are committed to turning this Guyanan franchise into a strong, fit, healthy and competitive buch of players, and starting the season off without a loss has certainly shown what we are capable of.

"I advise other managers to look after their own teams first. Thank you for coming tonight, I have nothing more to say."
That's not what the poor petrol shop owner thought

Simon

Questions asked in South Australia

Angry South Australian have called for the head of manager Simon Fitzsimmons after the sides poor display in the recently completed four day match against Surrey. Going in as overwhelming favourites and their opposition missing their best batsman, J Wilkes, the redbacks turned in the clubs worst performance in their 5 season history.

A spokesman for the supporters group had this to say, "Fitzsimmons is a hack, he was rubbish with Worcestershire, he was crap with ACT and now hes sending our club downwards" another supporter leapt to the defence of the embattled manager, "Hes done a reasonable job so far, but we expect both titles, anything less will be unacceptable"

Fitzsimmons has declined comment at this stage

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
Questions asked in South Australia

Angry South Australian have called for the head of manager Simon Fitzsimmons after the sides poor display in the recently completed four day match against Surrey. Going in as overwhelming favourites and their opposition missing their best batsman, J Wilkes, the redbacks turned in the clubs worst performance in their 5 season history.

A spokesman for the supporters group had this to say, "Fitzsimmons is a hack, he was rubbish with Worcestershire, he was crap with ACT and now hes sending our club downwards" another supporter leapt to the defence of the embattled manager, "Hes done a reasonable job so far, but we expect both titles, anything less will be unacceptable"

Fitzsimmons has declined comment at this stage
Surrey's best batsman is F Pandit.

And yes Simon, you are a hack! :p

Slats4ever

Western Province Become Most Successful side

The Western Province Cricket Club has jumped to the head of wins per games played over the last two years. With South Australia losing over the weekend it has meant that their record has gone to 11 wins and 1 draw in the past two seasons out've a possible 13 games. Western Province on the other hand have won 12 of their last 13 4 day games making them the most successful as far as winning goes in recent times.

Hooray for Club

Slats4ever

Warwickshire Coach earns Bad Boy Reputation

The year so far off field for Warwickshire hasn't been an easy one. With captain Sriram making many verbal outbursts to the cricketing community about the his treatment by staff and stand in captain Danny Howarth testing positive for drugs. Another poor aspect of the Warwickshires problems is the way in which manager Nibblet has responded to all these claims. He has been unprofessional and poorly behaved at many media conferences calling the media "poor" and "crap".

It is believed that his attitude is upsetting players at the club and also the Warwickshire board as it is bringing undue stress on an already volatile situation.