• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

<<<World Club Cricket Herald>>>

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
CAUGHT AND BOWLED MONTHLY
The Local Derbies

There are lots of Derbys in sport. Some are inter-city, like Liverpool vs Everton. Some are regional, like Sunderland vs Newcastle. But in WCC derbies are teams in your nations, and they come in the shedload. In 4D Divison 1, 3 English teams do battle: Kent, Lancashire and Surrey, with Kent currently managerless and Surrey have got a new manager, Jamee Gray. On the other end of the scale Graham has been manager of Lancashire for ages and is one of the longest standing members. Also Queensland and South Australia do battle, Simon and Jason the 2 generals. However will all of this rivalry do wonders for Tamil Nadu, who can play calm cricket, with out having any feirce national rivalries.

In Division 2, There is an Indian theme, blocker6969 and Samuel Vimes, a manager from outside cricketing circles but fans looking for excitement will be hoping he hasn't been coaching the batsman in defensive play. Hampshire, Warwickshire and Yorkshire are all playing in the same division, and ironicly they are all managed by Oceianans, Reuben, Nibblet and Robertinho, who will all be managing fiercly for their adopted counties. Yet again, in all of this is a lonely club, Western Province who have no derbies to worry about, Slats will be hoping to use this fact to get a confident team, who can pick up points with no grudge matches.

Division 3 features 3 Australian teams: ACT, managed by WCC Chairman Blewy, who are rising up towards the big leagues, New South Wales, who look to be slowly sinking, Bugs Malone, the skipper, trying to stop the rot, the last of the Australian teams is Western Australia, coached by cbuts, who have allways been in and around those divisions. Somerset and Worcestershire are also together, managed, respectively by outgoing, Mr.P and the mysterious thierry henry, who is also seen playing for the greatest football club in the world. Canterbury are the alone team in this Division.

The only derby in Division 4 is Tasmania vs Victoria with Ash Chaulk and Coach Pearson doing battle.

Division 5 has just the one Derby: Tom Halsey vs Kyle Wright: Jamica vs Guyana. The Caribbean derby is the one that all the stars go to.

The new Division, Number 6 has the one rivalry, Gauteng vs Northerns in the battle of Africa.

In total there are 15 4D derbies.

Coming Soon: The OD Leagues

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
The only derby in Division 4 is Tasmania vs Victoria with Ash Chaulk and Coach Pearson doing battle.
I though Alec was coach of Tasmania, or have i missed something.

Anyway that was a really good read Jamee, very interesting :)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tom Halsey said:
Well, if people are billing my contest with Kyle as an exciting prospect, no it isn't - he'll hammer me.
I wouldn't be so sure, depends what mood VC4 is in on the day.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Your choice: Guyana vs Jamica in the West Indies or Worcestershire vs Somerset on a cold English Tuesday morning.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Touch of Sri Lanka at Kent

After the unexpected retirement of long standing former Kent manager Rich, new manager Chaminda has wasted no time in adding his own favour to the Kent step up. Kent has just announced the signing of two of Chaminda's fellow countrymen to the coaching panel. Former Sri Lankan batsmen Asanka Gurusinha has been named as Assistant Coach and Sri Lanka born Canadian International Sanjayan Thuraisingam has been named as Bowling Coach, the role he had under Chaminda at his old club Ottawa Orbits.

In other big news in at Kent, A Muzumdar has been named as captained and R Stratton has been named as his deputy. With Muzumber nearing the end of his career it believed that Stratton is being groomed as Kent future captain. “There is a lot of great potential at the club, but we need someone with the experience of Muza (Muzumber) to lead these young players” new Kent coach, Chaminda.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Stratton may not have a future at the club mate. i'll rock you with trade deals for him at the end of the year.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
They have to be fairly good if you want him, a player who is a frontline batsmen and bowler in both FC and 1D don't fall out tree every day. But i will wait in anticipation (i don't think i spelled that right) for your possible trades offers.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
one week in and we already talking trades, perhaps we should wait another 3 or 4 months...