• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Woolmer found unconcious in hotel room

pup11

International Coach
OMG!! Just can't believe this, may his soul rest in peace.

Has the reason of his death been disclosed.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
He was a good coach in a tough situation. Hopefully it was natural causes and not a suicide attempt as some are reporting.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, just this:

"Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach, has died in a Kingston hospital after being found unconscious in his hotel room hours after his side's elimination from the World Cup. He was 58." From the cricinfo ball by ball.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
RIP BOB, You were heck of a coach and you certainly deserved better.

Very very sad News. :(

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I cant believe it. Just yesterday i was talking to someone about how Woolmer or Moody would become next England coach. Never in a million years did i ever expect to see this sad news just 24hours later :@

chalky

International Debutant
That's absolutely terrible. RIP.

Is there any foul play suspected?
A lot of the media in England are hinting at self harm but nothing is confirmed.

Like everyone else I hope it's natural causes.

RIP Bob Woolmer a sad end no matter what the circumstances.

pup11

International Coach
I think there is something fishy in all this, but really it has all happened so quickly that i am still in shock.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think there is something fishy in all this, but really it has all happened so quickly that i am still in shock.
Me too, I'm scared at what he might have done to himself that night..

Nicholas and Cullinan totally shaken up in this commentary stint.. This reminds me of walking downstairs to watch the Basin reserve test in 2002 without knowing what had happened.. Puts everything into perspective, again..

pup11

International Coach
I think we can certainly count out suicide as a reason for his death since Bob was too strong a character to commit suicide.