• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Women's football stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

ripper868

International Coach
For all the headlines it's garnered in Aus, it seems to be pretty low key in the UK - I can't find a mention of it anywhere on the beeb front pages of either main, sport or football sites, or even in the 'other football bits'.

Molehill

International Captain
For all the headlines it's garnered in Aus, it seems to be pretty low key in the UK - I can't find a mention of it anywhere on the beeb front pages of either main, sport or football sites, or even in the 'other football bits'.
It was on the BBC but not headline, but quickly slipped down. Had she been a Lioness it would’ve been higher up, but she’s not really much more famous here than any other foreign footballer in the WSL.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Footy season doesn’t start in earnest until this weekend so it’s a slow news period

Spark

Global Moderator
The rumour/word going around today is that the reason for the delay is that it took CPS that long to figure out something which they could charge her with, so they're going to push for the charges to be thrown out on abuse of process grounds.

Molehill

International Captain
The rumour/word going around today is that the reason for the delay is that it took CPS that long to figure out something which they could charge her with, so they're going to push for the charges to be thrown out on abuse of process grounds.
I'm thinking this very quickly disappears and charges are dropped. There's zero interest in England other than probably the media trying to make us interested (which we're not).

Molehill

International Captain
Narrator: This is Molehill's 9th post on this topic.
I follow sport, know about women's football and am aware of who Kerr is (although clearly I wasn't aware how big she is in Aus). I wouldn't judge the British interest in this story based on my interest.

Not convinced lack of public interest is a reason to drop charges?
Clearly not, but think it's going to be a tough one to get over the line without it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
With discussions like these it's worth keeping in mind that there is a significant disconnect between something that is "in the public interest" and something that "the public is interested in". The latter is completely irrelevant to whether a prosecution should go ahead, but the former is highly salient.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's a pretty typical British behaviour too, tbh
One would hope even the most callow British imbibers would know to time their heaves to when the cab's red light is off to facilitate their egress and rapid exit on foot to avoid a constable's intervention, tbf.

Molehill

International Captain
One would hope even the most callow British imbibers would know to time their heaves to when the cab's red light is off to facilitate their egress and rapid exit on foot to avoid a constable's intervention, tbf.
And this is probably where the argument kicked off from. Don't you have to pay the fares for the rest of the night if you vom in a taxi?

Ali TT

International Debutant
Chased down the street with them waving their stick.

Had that happen to me once, but that was because I had accurately described my taxi driver as a **** and he didn't like the truth for some reason.