• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Women's football stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Ali TT

International Debutant
England playing Scotland in the UEFA nations tonight. Loving the flying headers from England, absolutely perfect on the two goals but Scotland have snuck one back at the break. Good match so far.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
We've probably deserved the one goal.

Is VAR in play? Thought we had a decent penalty shout unless it's legal to just barge a player in the back.

Ali TT

International Debutant
We've probably deserved the one goal.

Is VAR in play? Thought we had a decent penalty shout unless it's legal to just barge a player in the back.
Earp's made a cracking save early on as well. England made most of the running in that half but agree Scotland offering plenty.

Ali TT

International Debutant
No more goals, Scotland the better side in that second half. Not convincing by the Lionesses

Molehill

International Captain
No more goals, Scotland the better side in that second half. Not convincing by the Lionesses
I watched bits of it. Seemed like the English players were struggling to get up for it, probably not surprising given how soon it came after the World Cup.

Molehill

International Captain
Lost v the Dutch though. Didn't see it but apparently a VAR non-use error?
Well they just didn't have VAR and the first Dutch goal was about 3 yards offside. This is where it should do its job without any controversy, would've ruled it out inside 30 seconds. Quite why VAR wasn't available for a competitive International seems bizarre.

1-1 would've been a fair result. England without their 3 best players still (Mead, Williamson, Walsh).

Ayla658

Cricket Spectator
England playing Scotland in the UEFA nations tonight. Loving the flying headers from England, absolutely perfect on the two goals but Scotland have snuck one back at the break. Good match so far.
England's headers have been clinical, but Scotland have shown good fight to get back into the game.

Shady Slim

International Coach
tillies on the charge for olympic qualifiers. all over the philippines atm but nothing to show for it. looks like the phils team is made up of a lot of expats

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Australia have decided not to bid for the 2034 World Cup so it looks as if Saudi Arabia are getting it as the deadline is today and nobody else as thrown their hat in the ring.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Australia have decided not to bid for the 2034 World Cup so it looks as if Saudi Arabia are getting it as the deadline is today and nobody else as thrown their hat in the ring.
That's the men's World Cup Aidan. Pretty predictable I think. In purely football terms, Saudi would have every right to host as they have had relative success with football even before the last year or so. However, on many other aspects, it stinks.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
That's the men's World Cup Aidan. Pretty predictable I think. In purely football terms, Saudi would have every right to host as they have had relative success with football even before the last year or so. However, on many other aspects, it stinks.
Yeah I've put it in the wrong thread. I'll blame this on being too early in the morning when I posted.

Molehill

International Captain
If you ever doubt the use of VAR, then the Real Madrid/Chelsea match last night would quickly change your view. A penalty given for a trip at least 2 yards outside the box (she managed to slide in) followed by a winner ruled out for offside when she was a good 2 yards on.

Can see why Hayes was fuming, joke refereeing.

Molehill

International Captain
If GB want to qualify for the Olympics, England need to give Scotland a thrashing (win by 3 goals more than Netherlands beat Belgium by). So, if any Scottish players want to play at the Olympics, they need England to give them a good thrashing.

A bizarre situation, especially as Scotland have nothing to play for in this game. **** knows what UEFA would do if Scotland rolled over and got beaten 9-0.

Ali TT

International Debutant
If GB want to qualify for the Olympics, England need to give Scotland a thrashing (win by 3 goals more than Netherlands beat Belgium by). So, if any Scottish players want to play at the Olympics, they need England to give them a good thrashing.

A bizarre situation, especially as Scotland have nothing to play for in this game. **** knows what UEFA would do if Scotland rolled over and got beaten 9-0.
I can't imagine any self respecting Scot rolling over against the Auld Enemy, even with a place at the Olympics on the line. Forget about UEFA, what would their families, friends and fellow Scots do!?

Bizarre that the qualification path means that the Euro champions and WC runners up are probably missing out.