• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will West Indies ever become as good as they were?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Don't think you can read too much into one innings performance, didn't Shillingford have less runs to play with and a less responsive pitch in the first test in NZ yet he managed 4/26 - it can be a bit of a lottery i find
Max...what do you make of people trying to suggest Narine is throwing? you've seen a lot of Sunny so what are your thoughts? personally i think it's complete rubbish and people are just looking for another target after Ajmal got done.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Big difference being NZ were chasing a minor score in Narine's match...Sunny could have taken a 4fer and it probably wouldn't have made a difference. Benn on the otherhand had the chance to restrict the kiwis and went missing in action...

As your last comment!!.. "questions" by WHO exactly? haters who want to tar every mystery spinner with the same brush Ajmal has been tarred with? 8-) Narine has played everywhere outside the Caribbean and has not been called...therefore there are no "questions" as far as i'm concerned.

Jealousy really is a bad disease.
1. There's a difference between jealousy and envy, and neither of them apply here.

2. Does Roach and Taylor "going missing" during that innings not make them as culpable as Benn?

3. Williamson and Taylor had a similar match winning batting effort in Hamilton to the Williamson-Neesham combo that won us the game in the Windies. Frankly, the West Indian batting has not been anywhere near consistent enough to give their bowlers a chance to win a series. They couldn't even scrape out a draw with only 1 day to play in home conditions.

4. Narine's action has been questioned by many people. Given that Williamson, Ajmal, Senanayake, Shillingford, Samuels, Gazi etc all recently failed their tests, there's reason to be less than 100% confident about Narine. This is not jealousy, it's honesty. Until he clears the test there will be questions.

Howsie

International Captain
Darren has played less tests than those mentioned above though...and also going by your logic Kohli is going more backwards than Darren after that shocking England series right? but in reality he isn't..he just had a bad time and that's how the game goes...just like if Darren isn't tearing up the place it doesn't mean he isn't world class.

Lastly he's average mid to high 40s for the majority of his career..if anyone can average 50 it's him as one would expect him to become more wiser with more experience.
He's still averaging less though, and a lot less when compared to the likes of Williamson and Root.

He's a good bat don't get me wrong, and an awesome talent. I juts think he'll top out at around the 43-45 mark.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Max...what do you make of people trying to suggest Narine is throwing? you've seen a lot of Sunny so what are your thoughts? personally i think it's complete rubbish and people are just looking for another target after Ajmal got done.
Narine's action has been questioned for a long time now. Before Ajmal's banning, the others with dodgy actions weren't really in the focus too much because Ajmal was the prime suspect. But even before that, I was always suspicious of Narine's action. The long sleeve doesn't help matters

WindieWeathers

International Regular
1. There's a difference between jealousy and envy, and neither of them apply here.
It does when baseless accusations are being made without evidence

2. Does Roach and Taylor "going missing" during that innings not make them as culpable as Benn?
Roach got a 4fer

3. Williamson and Taylor had a similar match winning batting effort in Hamilton to the Williamson-Neesham combo that won us the game in the Windies. Frankly, the West Indian batting has not been anywhere near consistent enough to give their bowlers a chance to win a series. They couldn't even scrape out a draw with only 1 day to play in home conditions.
We had five batsmen in the last test...which was one of the dumbest decisions i've EVER seen coaches/selectors make and that is why both of them got sacked.

4. Narine's action has been questioned by many people. Given that Williamson, Ajmal, Senanayake, Shillingford, Samuels, Gazi etc all recently failed their tests, there's reason to be less than 100% confident about Narine. This is not jealousy, it's honesty. Until he clears the test there will be questions.
Erm "questions" by WHO? i asked you that already and you're still trying to avoid it...name me one person in the game who has questioned Narine's action? It's easy make a claim but evidently it's even harder to prove it.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
He's still averaging less though, and a lot less when compared to the likes of Williamson and Root.

He's a good bat don't get me wrong, and an awesome talent. I juts think he'll top out at around the 43-45 mark.
Yes he's averaging less because he played LESS tests..it's like comparing Brathwaite to Root and Williamson..Kraigg's avarage recently must be way ahead of them two!!....but i wouldn't say "oh Kraigg will be averaging 50" because of it.

Howsie

International Captain
Yes he's averaging less because he played LESS tests..it's like comparing Brathwaite to Root and Williamson..Kraigg's avarage recently must be way ahead of them two!!....but i wouldn't say "oh Kraigg will be averaging 50" because of it.
I don't think you fully understand how an average works.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he probably ought to be looked at, especially given the current climate and recent bans, nothing wrong with reporting a bowler and having him cleared, think it's quite erroneous to suggest people are targeting him or anything

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It does when baseless accusations are being made without evidence

Roach got a 4fer

We had five batsmen in the last test...which was one of the dumbest decisions i've EVER seen coaches/selectors make and that is why both of them got sacked.

Erm "questions" by WHO? i asked you that already and you're still trying to avoid it...name me one person in the game who has questioned Narine's action? It's easy make a claim but evidently it's even harder to prove it.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Stop replying to it. It will run away for three months next time WI lose a test.
Can you stop with this stupid "IT" stuff please? if you have a problem with me you're welcome to ignore my posts...but if you do address me then have some damn respect :@ .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I don't think you fully understand how an average works.
Yeah i do..i understand that Bravo's average is better than Kohli, Williamson and Smith's. And yet still some people are suggesting that somehow those three "will be better" than Darren in the longterm!! 8-) .

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Erm where does he accuse Narine of anything? :blink: also even in this video he talks about using NARINE'S ACTION and says "he might use it again"...so really you're just tripping yourself up Hendrix :D .
It's not exactly hard to guess who he's talking about.