• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Kane Williamson get to 10,000 test runs?

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I remember when CW thought Sanga was a htb with only a couple of decent away knocks.
His career does absolutely perfectly dovetail with the start and end of a golden era of (relatively) easy batting, though. 2000 to 2015. I think his career span is most perfectly aligned. Can argue chicken and egg, though, I guess.

But, my brain also tells me that my eyes saw him score the best test century I have ever seen in NZ, so .... I struggle to downrate him.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If you look at his record without the gloves, it's Sobersesque. Sanga while gun, isn't Sobers level. That's about as far as I'll let slander of the man go though.

The Hutt Rec

So with this injury will he just miss two away tests vs Bangladesh? Then we don't play any more tests until South Africa in February 24, which he should be ok for?

If so it's a pretty well-timed ACL in the #QuestFor10k

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So with this injury will he just miss two away tests vs Bangladesh? Then we don't play any more tests until South Africa in February 24, which he should be ok for?

Is that confirmed now?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rotten luck that injury. Seemed back in form and ripe to go on a bit of a spree. Hope he makes a full recovery. There's something pretty jarring when top players get hurt playing in meaningless T20 domestic games. Big worry for us with an Ashes tour around the corner that someone will get hurt laying IPL of all ****ing things.

Socerer 01

Rotten luck that injury. Seemed back in form and ripe to go on a bit of a spree. Hope he makes a full recovery. There's something pretty jarring when top players get hurt playing in meaningless T20 domestic games. Big worry for us with an Ashes tour around the corner that someone will get hurt laying IPL of all ****ing things.
other than Hazlewood and Cam Green i don't think any important test player of yours is playing in ipl. smart move from the players and board honestly, modern players play too much cricket at high intensity

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I guess he can give up ODIs now and concentrate on tests and play the leagues to make some extra cash along the way? Unsure if he needs to play much T20I either, maybe give it one last go in the 2024 T20 WC.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year

Even that Bangladesh Test series isn't until after the World Cup, and nearly eight months away, so maybe he's still a chance of making it.