• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Kane Williamson get to 10,000 test runs?

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Even that Bangladesh Test series isn't until after the World Cup, and nearly eight months away, so maybe he's still a chance of making it.
I've seen rugby players come back from ACL injuries as quick as 4-5 months... It's usually a 6 month standard off the field type injury but if the athlete has a bit of luck & applies himself in recovery sessions,then yes it is possible.As for the World Cup I'd make him 50/50.. his knee might heal in time but the fitness issue & form might be enough to keep him out.I would not be surprised at all if he was 'rested' in the group stages and called upon in the knockout games if required & fit & ready.

'Nearly 8 months away' for the Bangladesh series should more than enough for Kane to make it back in time (providing there are no more complications from the injury)

Jezroy

State Captain
Bump - probably needs 15 more tests as he’s now hitting around 100 runs a test on average.

Should do that in the next year and a bit (if Weenink can find us a second test opponent next summer - currently we only have England for 3 tests, then SL and PAK for some white ball stuff).

Next test series for NZ

Aus (2 at home)
Afg (1 off away)
SL (2 away)
IND (3 away)
ENG (3 at home)
ZIM (2 away)
WI (2 at home)

Actually those next two home summers look rank - 3 tests then 2 tests…?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Where’s the test against Afghanistan being played? So tempting to go to Zimbabwe to watch that 2 Test series there.