• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will get to 50,000 posts first?

Who will get to 50,000 posts first

• marc71847 (whatever it is)

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Richard

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I don't want to open a hornet's nest with this post, but I for one am looking forward to Richard's return. I think CW is better with Richard than without.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I seem to recall after one return he felt the need to reply to absolutely every post made during his absence (James actually warned him for it IIRC), so that's something to look forward to...
god, can't wait.. Still reckon I'm in with a shout for the 50K.. What if Dicko gets too annoyed to come back?

yaju

State Vice-Captain
I don't want to open a hornet's nest with this post, but I for one am looking forward to Richard's return. I think CW is better with Richard than without.
Agree with you.

Richard has had his fair contributions to CW and he must be appreciated for them, a week's ban shouldn't make us think that he is that kind of guy.

BTW, I am also backing Marc's return, though I doubt if he has any idea about why we all want him to be back.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I seem to recall after one return he felt the need to reply to absolutely every post made during his absence (James actually warned him for it IIRC), so that's something to look forward to...
Haha nah, not even close. I was away for a month and more on that occasion (sometime in mid-2005), just replied to a few threads that I lost the chance to reply to due to said departure. James told me not to because someone called greg complained (I'd done the same thing on several previous occasions and no-one minded) and quite a few posts were deleted. I'll naturally reply to a few threads where discussion was halted by my, ahem, absence, but as it's a whole 7 days rather than months and months I somewhat doubt it'll be classed as digging. I won't bother with the threads where there've been hundreds of posts at a time I haven't read, as I never do.
Last time Rich was banned he was very apologetic afterwards, also.
Well obviously I apologise for, as Jack put it, "detrimental effects on forum atmosphere due to feuding". Obviously, there's plenty of people who dislike such things greatly and naturally I've said a fair few times that I'll do my best to put a stop to it. I shall, of course, continue to attempt such.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
So Rich - were you wrong with what you posted? :p

Glad to have you back, I think.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, as I said - a few. By CW standards, naturally. Given there are as of this post 8628 (probably quite a few less when you consider spam\ad and unneccessary ones) I'd not think it'd be that many.

Would it? :unsure:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Well, considering that as of present we have 5 topped threads, that'd leave 3 non-dug threads on the front page...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Given the number of people who use the new-posts function and the fact that 3, 4 or 5 days is hardly a "dig", I don't see that that's terribly important TBH.

There's been almost that many new threads started (some unneccessarily) in a day before now.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard only needs 332 posts to reach 50000, that'll be done in like a day and a half. He's replied to himself in consecutive posts more times than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.