• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the next big thing

Next big thing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well it seems it was a pretty close fight between Malinga and Chawla, until Jack opened his month and know Chawla has jumped to a massive lead. Why do people respect his opinion so much. :@

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I did not consider Danish for he shouldnt be in this list for he cant be called the "NEXT". He is an established top quality spinner.

Chawla!!

He was the star of the WC, and i think he's the guy to watch out for in future.He's a great prospect as a leggie and he's awesome with the bat too.

Craig

World Traveller
chaminda_00 said:
Well it seems it was a pretty close fight between Malinga and Chawla, until Jack opened his month and know Chawla has jumped to a massive lead. Why do people respect his opinion so much. :@
What happens when he is our star cricketer.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Okay I see Chawala leading with 20 votes, how many of you have actually watched him bowl ? If this poll was created two years ago with Amit Mishra there in Chawla's place, people would have declared him as the next big thing.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well i voted Danish, but that was a slightly wussy vote as he is established.

I should of gone for Haque actually for an emerging talent, do think hes got something, and will almost certainly have many years to develop, in a side that can only improve.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
Well I was also going to vote for Ross Taylor, but then I noticed the list features only spinners.
God I agree.

And God I hope so.

I think that guy can give the game here an absolute shot in the arm. Very exciting to watch. Great shots. And the way he handles the crowd...

"Hey Taylor! HEY! TAYLOR! HEY! Give us a wave!!!!"

It was expert.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
Okay I see Chawala leading with 20 votes, how many of you have actually watched him bowl ? If this poll was created two years ago with Amit Mishra there in Chawla's place, people would have declared him as the next big thing.
I've seen him bowl in the U19 WC, and he had the action and the control of a top-quality leggie already.

simmy

International Regular
Ally Cook IMO is a big find for England. Young, great technique and bats well under pressure.

Hopefully Eng will stick by him even when Tres returns.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
I've seen him bowl in the U19 WC, and he had the action and the control of a top-quality leggie already.
Great !!, I retract 2nd part of my statement then. Thanks !!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
But what about his spin bowling? :p
Well, hes ranked as right-arm-slow, never good when they don't have the "Spin" bit in !!!

Mind you, I'm sure many would state couldn't do worse then Udal or Blackwell:laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sanz said:
Actually, Sanz, people seem to be basing it on Jack's assessment of Chawla. And Jack has seen him closer than any of us can ever hope to, having been part of the Australian U-19 squad in the world cup.

adharcric

International Coach
honestbharani said:
Actually, Sanz, people seem to be basing it on Jack's assessment of Chawla. And Jack has seen him closer than any of us can ever hope to, having been part of the Australian U-19 squad in the world cup.
Also, perhaps his selection into the Indian test side at the age of 17 meant something to the voters.