• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the next big thing

Next big thing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I have seen Chawla bowling and he is very good indeed.

He reminded me immidiately of Sivaramakrishnan during his early days and believe me thats a big compliment. Siva was truly world class. It also makes me fear that he may not have an early 'bur-out' like Siva.

Chawla is a classical leg spinner. Flights the ball, has a very easy smooth action, bowls a beautiful googly and has the straighterone as well. For a leg spin bowler he has a fantastic control over line and length. Finally he is NOT scared of being hit.

I have two fears for him. One that he may play too much one day cricket and change his classical bowling style which is ideal for the longer version and two that we Indians will talk him to the skies and that wil be the end of him. If that happens, he wont be the first Indian prodigy to suffer from the hype of his countrymen.

Sivaramakrishnan was another guy that was a big dissapointment. The guy had loads of potential and should have played more than just 9 test match, but he just lost his way.