• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team will chase down 500 in Tests?

Which team will chase down 500 runs in a Test first?

• Total voters

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will take double centuries from Haddin and Clarke to do it tomorrow, IMO.
Nah. Five wickets- that's four fifty-partnerships and you're there. Everyone has to contribute- if Johnson or Clarke get out without adding to their overnight score, it's not happening.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think that if we get Haddin or Clarke, the rest will come fairly quickly (say, less than 50 runs).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I can't see Johnson doing much, though my predictions have failed me once or twice in the past :ph34r:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How Johnson goes when he comes out to bat tomorrow under pressure will be the most interesting sub-plot of the Ashes so far IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't know if something that lasts for one ball can be considered all that interesting, but whatever floats your boat

Just noticed that England aren't included in the poll, haha is that for trolling reasons or just a genuine oversight? Or maybe everyone rates our attack too much :ph34r:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know if something that lasts for one ball can be considered all that interesting, but whatever floats your boat

Just noticed that England aren't included in the poll, haha is that for trolling reasons or just a genuine oversight? Or maybe everyone rates our attack too much :ph34r:
They've removed minnows. :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
zaremba, your negativity is seeping through the forum, bad for forum atmosphere imo, England FTW

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
zaremba, your negativity is seeping through the forum, bad for forum atmosphere imo, England FTW
You've got to play the game intelligently, GIMH. We need wickets to fall. The only way to bring that about is to Goatmouth (ie jinx) the batsmen. It's worked very regularly on the sussex messageboard since '03. And alternatively it braces you for losing. So it's all good. Pessimism rocks.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, have just posted a message on your wall that matches what you've said.

Unfortunately, pessimism isn't something I am capable of, leaves me disappointed in most walks of life. I even manage to convince myself that I have a chance the hottest girls around, epic fail tbh

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
To chase down 500 runs you have to faced by a team with a weak attack and a batting strong enough to put up a 4th innings target of 500 against you. I just cant think of a minor team (like Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or West Indies) that fits the bill against a side like Australia, South Africa or India.

If at all it will have to happen between two very strong batting sides, both with weak (relatively speaking) bowling.

Actually England and Australia seem likely opponents :)