• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is your favorite sledging instance?

TNT

Banned
Bang........thats all we need to know about you. ****wit.

And im done here.
You undone yourself there Adders, You tried to imply that Australia locks people up in concentration camps which is a lie. Australia have only locked up one person, a terrorist who was white in gutanamo bay. Australia has never locked up an asylum seeker in a concentration camp.

You live in Australia and you also know that Australia have never locked up asylum seekers in concentration camps.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hint: For the most part Austraians have no sense of humour.........their standard MO is to take failings of their own and then invent stereotypes of others with said failings. Though to be fair as a nation you really are very good at doing this.
You’ve just described British comedy since the Goons.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It's actually a funny thing, even though I have picked up an accent, over here everyone still picks me for being English.......but when I go home the accent is sufficient that everyone thinks I'm an Aussie. It sucks really.
Have similar issues; I have such a colonial english accent that people in RSA think I'm English, but in England people think I'm Austalian who speaks proper english!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We sat in a stand above a group of the BA in Brisbane and I spoke to a few at the bar - all good fun and some nice chaps

Give me them before the ****wit Fanatics every day of the week

stephen

British humour is their greatest export IMO. Yes Minister, Red Dwarf, Coupling and plenty of others spring to mind. So good.

RSP stuff aside, Adders couldn't be more of a Pom if he was living there. But he lives here for (I'm assuming) the women (at least his Mrs), the work and the lifestyle. Like a lot of Aussies in the UK really.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
British humour is their greatest export IMO. Yes Minister, Red Dwarf, Coupling and plenty of others spring to mind. So good.

RSP stuff aside, Adders couldn't be more of a Pom if he was living there. But he lives here for (I'm assuming) the women (at least his Mrs), the work and the lifestyle. Like a lot of Aussies in the UK really.
That's about the kindest thing you've ever said to me. Cheers

And I do live here for all of the reasons you listed......plus of course the climate which you must have inadvertently overlooked. Look, I'd have to write a PEWS length post to properly lay down where I sit and why I've formed the opinions I have over the years.......but the long and the short of it is this country has been very good to me and I love living here and have never ever had any thoughts at all of moving back to Blighty. Australians are fabulous people once you get them away from sport.......but where sport is concerned you are, in the main just hideous.

PS.

It's really rough to say that on this forum because there are so so many brilliant Aussie contributors on here.......far more than I have met in the real world where sport is concerned.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

And I do live here for all of the reasons you listed......plus of course the climate which you must have inadvertently overlooked. Look, I'd have to write a PEWS length post to properly lay down where I sit and why I've formed the opinions I have over the years.......but the long and the short of it is this country has been very good to me and I love living here and have never ever had any thoughts at all of moving back to Blighty. Australians are fabulous people once you get them away from sport.......but where sport is concerned you are, in the main just really successful.

PS.

It's really rough to say that on this forum because there are so so many brilliant Aussie contributors on here.......far more than I have met in the real world where sport is concerned.
Ftfy

TNT

Banned

And I do live here for all of the reasons you listed......plus of course the climate which you must have inadvertently overlooked. Look, I'd have to write a PEWS length post to properly lay down where I sit and why I've formed the opinions I have over the years.......but the long and the short of it is this country has been very good to me and I love living here and have never ever had any thoughts at all of moving back to Blighty. Australians are fabulous people once you get them away from sport.......but where sport is concerned you are, in the main just hideous.

PS.

Thanks, you poms are not that bad either.

stephen

I considered the climate a part of the lifestyle but YMMV on that one.

Sporting rivalries aside I think the English are our closest cultural neighbours, if you don't count the kiwis. Which is why I think they're the two countries we have the strongest sporting rivalries with.

Saffers are up there too and I'm surprised the SA/AUS series' aren't more popular than they are.

Also just because I like winding you up a bit at times Adders doesn't mean I don't value your contribution, even if you do overrate Anderson.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
We sat in a stand above a group of the BA in Brisbane and I spoke to a few at the bar - all good fun and some nice chaps

Give me them before the ****wit Fanatics every day of the week
You're mellowing - even praised Anderson the other day! ;)

social

You're mellowing - even praised Anderson the other day! ;)
Ha

You'll note that I didnt say that I would happily spend a day sitting among the Barmy Army as the constant noise would do my head in

In general, they are great supporters of their team though

The fanatics, on the other hand, are a bunch of nerds whose attendance at fixtures is subsidized by various sporting bodies

They are boring, repetitive, paid cheerleaders

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Since it's Arjuna Rangatuna's birthday according to cricinfo.. ...

Shane Warne, trying to tempt Arjuna Ranatunga out of his crease mused what it took to get the plump character to get out of his crease and drive.
Wicketkeeper Ian Healy had an idea “Put a Mars Bar on a good length. That should do it.”

manoj_bangalore

Cricket Spectator
Sunil Gavaskar and Richards

This is a funny one.

In one match, Sunil Gavaskar decided to play in no.4 instead of his usual opening position.

Malcolm Marshall dismissed Gaekwad and Vengsarkar for no score.

When Gavaskar came out to bat Richards said: "Man it doesn't matter where you come in, the score is still zero!"

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Since it's Arjuna Rangatuna's birthday according to cricinfo.. ...

Shane Warne, trying to tempt Arjuna Ranatunga out of his crease mused what it took to get the plump character to get out of his crease and drive.
Wicketkeeper Ian Healy had an idea “Put a Mars Bar on a good length. That should do it.”
And the answer from some one was even better. "Nah, no use mate, Boony (who was at short leg) would beat him to it"

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
This is a funny one.

In one match, Sunil Gavaskar decided to play in no.4 instead of his usual opening position.

Malcolm Marshall dismissed Gaekwad and Vengsarkar for no score.

When Gavaskar came out to bat Richards said: "Man it doesn't matter where you come in, the score is still zero!"
Last laugh for Gavaskar though, as he scored 236* (though the game was drawn and WI won the series easily).