• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Indian cricketer is likely to win a WTC Final?

Majestic

U19 Debutant
bro nobody gives a **** about it
Well except for the OP who decided it was worthy of a thread 😆
In that scenario, I suggest you to pen down a letter to ICC to either remove this tournament or write a tagline below the trophy, highlighting the insignficance of the tournament. As of things stands, it says, WTC which means World Test Championship Finals. So, it's a final of a test tournament.

Once you get this done, the rest of the world can accept that WTC is a joke which nobody cares and winning the final is not worthy so they could easily prefer IPL over the WTC Final game.

Xix2565

International Debutant
???
1 out of 2 finals has been at Lords.

Ideally the top qualifier should host it imo.
2 weeks before the final qualifier 2 plays qualifier 3 in the top qualifier's country.
The winner plays qualifier 1 in the final. If it is a draw, qualifier 2 goes through to the final.
None of the Finals have been at Lord's lol. Southampton 2021 and Oval 2023. Lord's will finally host one in 2025 unless things change again.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In that scenario, I suggest you to pen down a letter to ICC to either remove this tournament or write a tagline below the trophy, highlighting the insignficance of the tournament. As of things stands, it says, WTC which means World Test Championship Finals. So, it's a final of a test tournament.

Once you get this done, the rest of the world can accept that WTC is a joke which nobody cares and winning the final is not worthy so they could easily prefer IPL over the WTC Final game.
No mate, the ICC is not our real dad. People care about what they want. The WTC isn't really one of those things.

Majestic

U19 Debutant
No mate, the ICC is not our real dad. People care about what they want. The WTC isn't really one of those things.
Who says that? I can find you some posters on this forum only who cares the WTC Final. Also once India win, some Indian posters will also start caring it.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Who says that? I can find you some posters on this forum only who cares the WTC Final. Also once India win, some Indian posters will also start caring it.
Think a few Indian posters do care about it already. I will prefer a series win in Australia more than a wtc final win but a win there too will be nice.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Think a few Indian posters do care about it already. I will prefer a series win in Australia more than a wtc final win but a win there too will be nice.
nobody’s going to deny themselves of a win tbh, especially in a test. and anyone will be upset or annoyed at a loss in a test equally

however there’s no world where it equates to “only caring about WTC” like OP claims. the road to Australia tour has a lot more posts already compared to the wtc thread despite being only in December while the wtc has been going on for a while now. check the wtc thread and half the posts are either ****posts like mine or posts that cry over the time penalties making it a joke of a tournament

OP’s suggestion that you should care just because it has the word “world” “test” “championship” in it and because the ICC is organising it and that anyone disagreeing with him should be writing love letters to the ICC are juvenile af

Majestic

U19 Debutant
nobody’s going to deny themselves of a win tbh, especially in a test. and anyone will be upset or annoyed at a loss in a test equally

however there’s no world where it equates to “only caring about WTC” like OP claims. the road to Australia tour has a lot more posts already compared to the wtc thread despite being only in December while the wtc has been going on for a while now. check the wtc thread and half the posts are either ****posts like mine or posts that cry over the time penalties making it a joke of a tournament

OP’s suggestion that you should care just because it has the word “world” “test” “championship” in it and because the ICC is organising it and that anyone disagreeing with him should be writing love letters to the ICC are juvenile af
All your posts in this thread is juvenile af lol :laugh:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The whole "This India team has won no ICC trophies" thing is a dumb meme when it's extended to test cricket. In ODIs and t20s, the world cups are clearly what matter and the gap in importance between the tournaments and bilateral series is absolutely huge. So you can't really argue when people call it a huge failure for them not having won one for a while despite being strong. Tests obviously way different.

Don't think "India can't win the world championship, they can only win series in Australia" is a sentence that stings any Indian players or fans of test cricket. If anything, it'd be way worse if India had won the WTC but hadn't managed a win in Australia yet.