• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which bowler is the king of jaffas?

subshakerz

International Coach
I would also add Mitchell Johnson.

For some reason left armers like Akram, Starc and Johnson have an advantage perhaps because of the angle.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What are you talking about.

Waqar was pretty much the inswinging Yorker only.

Wasim was so skilled you could almost expect a jaffa a match.
Once again you're being obtuse or dumb, probably the latter. Waqar seemed more reliant on bowling unplayable balls than Wasim.

subshakerz

International Coach
Once again you're being obtuse or dumb, probably the latter. Waqar seemed more reliant on bowling unplayable balls than Wasim.
I watched their entire careers. Aside from the super inswinging yorker, Waqar's repertoire of unplayable balls was limited.

Wasim was perfectly capable of bowling unplayable yorkers (swinging either way, unlike Waqar), late inswingers from over the wicket, booming outswingers from over the wicket, snake balls, etc.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Which pace bowler claims the honor of regularly bowling the most unplayable deliveries?
Javagal Srinath has a history. All his jaffas were touch short, and went pass edges. Bowled some ridiculous deliveries not to take wickets. From Sri Lankans it has to be Dilhara Fernando. Amidst of a ton of crap and no balls, bowled some absolute peaches too. Cleaned up Ganuly with a bouncer in 2000, did same to Greame Smith in SAF, Inducker to Tendulkar in 2007 WC are ones I can remember. In Australia in an ODI series (that contained that Melbourne miracle), gave some serious workout for Watson, think it was in Brisbane. It is a shame he could not cut the load of crap he was bowling. Otherwise with ability to produce ones with batsman's name on it out of no where, would have been a serious asset.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Waqar
Wasim
Steyn

Maybe Murali or MacGill for spinners
I think Warne produced more of those Jaffas than Murali. Although it is said Warne was a better at setting up batsmen, I don't agree with it. Murali was as good if not better, looking at how many of his wickets were due to false shots (or sh it shots according to Murali). MacGill was a wild thing and he is a good option for the spinners category. But I think crown goes to Underwood and Chandrashekar. They produced that nasty delivery no one could handle very regularly, may be aided by pitch conditions.

subshakerz

International Coach
I think Warne produced more of those Jaffas than Murali. Although it is said Warne was a better at setting up batsmen, I don't agree with it. Murali was as good if not better, looking at how many of his wickets were due to false shots (or sh it shots according to Murali). MacGill was a wild thing and he is a good option for the spinners category. But I think crown goes to Underwood and Chandrashekar. They produced that nasty delivery no one could handle very regularly, may be aided by pitch conditions.
I was thinking the opposite. Warne is better at setting up batsmen but Murali can bowl more jaffas, especially since he has the doosra and can turn it on almost any pitch.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I was thinking the opposite. Warne is better at setting up batsmen but Murali can bowl more jaffas, especially since he has the doosra and can turn it on almost any pitch.
if we're talking jaffas though there's something to be said for the theatre of warne like

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Do we have a queen of the jaffa?
No but

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fuller Pilch obviously not seen this thread because nobody's mentioned Shane Bond. Bond with the new white ball bowled jaffas like no one I've ever seen