• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which bowler is the king of jaffas?

Molehill

International Captain
Starc seems be joining this club. The one to Kohli yesterday came out of nowhere and quickly disappeared again. Still not sure what he landed it on for the Vince delivery, that just defied physics.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Heath knows.

Those toe-crushing yorkers that appeared to swing a country mile were things of deadly beauty. Good luck with those...

I'll throw a nod to the late, great MD Marshall too. Could do it all, swung it both ways, moved it off the seam and had a nasty, slippery bouncer too. Vale. Gone way too soon.

The great man in his cups here, thought he was very restrained in his reaction to Dujon shelling an absolute dolly at about 1.07 mins:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ambrose and McGrath were the kings of getting wickets by ruthlessly bowling 100 very good balls in a row rather than bowling jaffas regularly imo.
I think Waqar really is the best answer here. I don't think even Akram was as reliant on simply blasting the batsmen out with an unplayable ball as he was.

subshakerz

International Coach
I think Waqar really is the best answer here. I don't think even Akram was as reliant on simply blasting the batsmen out with an unplayable ball as he was.
What are you talking about.

Waqar was pretty much the inswinging Yorker only.

Wasim was so skilled you could almost expect a jaffa a match.