• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When u thought that.......

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
what proof do you have that any series is fixed?
What Rubbish !! I dont have any proof about any series that's why I didn't declare any series as fixed. I guess you have some proof and you are ready to share with the world. Kindly share it with us.

If you dont have any proof then why single out India-Pak 1998-99 series. Why not Ashes series or the test where SA-Eng Test in 2000 or the england-Aus 5th test in 2003 ?

Blaze

Banned
Pretty much every time Pakistan tour NZ I always have my suspicions on at least one game of the series

Bouncer

State Regular
Since we are talking about MAtch Fixing and stuff...

and since we have couple of Indian people who have good understanding of game rajeeve and SJS i wanna ask you about the contrverisal Indo-Pak games....

the two games in particular tht come to mind are the WC 99, nd 96 games.

at Bangalore, i think we were out played by an Indian teamwhich took advantage of the sam bad tactical moves by Pak while chasing.....BUT alot of people think that game was fixed...Wasim's pulling out at the lastMinutes was very suspecious......To me the poeple who played in final 11 gave their heart out...so till this day i dont think that game was fixed...but cant say the same about Akrem pulling out.

And the WC 99 games.....I still think that was not Fixed either, BUT there are other indicators which may suggest it was....knwoing how the group who has been suggested to be involved in Match fixing was also playing in that tournmenat(Wasim, Moin, Ijaz, Malik, Inzi)...It can not be outa qs that ALL the games were played in RIght spirit..

What do u people think....i would really wanna hear what Mr SJS has to say on these and other Matches...and others who have witnised some of Indo-Pak matches.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Bouncer, Banglore 1996 was a cracker, and only if One Mr. Amir Sohail had kept his nerves and emotions intact Pakistan would have won the game easily and no one would have even talked about match fixing. People started talking about it only after pak lost.

I know so many matches which India should have won but they actually lost and and some India should have lost and we actually won. World Cup 1983 for example.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
What Rubbish !! I dont have any proof about any series that's why I didn't declare any series as fixed. I guess you have some proof and you are ready to share with the world. Kindly share it with us.

If you dont have any proof then why single out India-Pak 1998-99 series. Why not Ashes series or the test where SA-Eng Test in 2000 or the england-Aus 5th test in 2003 ?
you fool, do you realise at all that no one can claim with any proof that any series is fixed? thats precisely my point. all i can say is that i feel strongly that a certain game was fixed, which like it or not is what most people have said on the forum.
and the reason why i single out the ind-pak series of 98-99, was because if you watch carefully, the entire series had the manner of that of a fixed game- the indian batting in the 1st test, the pakistan bowling and batting in the 2nd test. personally i wouldnt be surprised at all if the whole thing was planned out right from the start to have a 1-1 draw considering that it was the first series in a very long time and both sides would have liked a piece of the pie.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
Under Suspicion ?? and you got that from Scotland Yard directly, didn't you ??

Yes, Subcontinet has money and players from australia,england, SA are playing for free, aren't they ?? And no Indians are not trying to hide, It's only the Alec Stewarts, Mark Waughs of this world are trying to hide the money.

so its just coincidence then that virtually every bookie thats been caught so far has been from the sub continent then?
i dont know what exactly you are trying to say when you say that england,sa and australia are playing for free, because the point is that there is far more money involved in the game in the subcontinent, and it involves far far more people than any game in australia or england. if england were to fix a game in england against SA, there would be very few people even willing to put money on that, given the number of people who actually give a **** about english cricket.

Sanz said:
It is a crime to have the money, isn't it ??
err where have you been? any amount of money got by illegal methods is a crime. otherwise cronje would never have been banned ITFP.

Sanz said:
You are a biased person, your subcontinent bias is there in almost every post you make about the subcontinet.
actually i think its more the other way around. go around the forum, and count the number of times i've said that brett lee isnt test class, the number of times i've said that tresco was completely useless, the number of times i've said that england's ODI side is rubbish and simply relies on flintoff. you really have no idea what you are talking about really. its no surprise that any time someone from outside the subcontinent criticises one of the players in the sub continent, people like you think its bias, even though most of the time that person is speaking the truth, which obviously you cant handle.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
you fool, do you realise at all that no one can claim with any proof that any series is fixed? thats precisely my point. all i can say is that i feel strongly that a certain game was fixed, which like it or not is what most people have said on the forum.
and the reason why i single out the ind-pak series of 98-99, was because if you watch carefully, the entire series had the manner of that of a fixed game- the indian batting in the 1st test, the pakistan bowling and batting in the 2nd test. personally i wouldnt be surprised at all if the whole thing was planned out right from the start to have a 1-1 draw considering that it was the first series in a very long time and both sides would have liked a piece of the pie.
The most prejudiced person and the biggest fool on this forum is YOU. You can't backup your nonsense but keep claiming that the series was fixed.You bring your subcontinent hatred and BIAS in every post of yours. Only a biased like you can declare one of the greatest inning played by an Indian as FIXED and the greatest bowling figure by an indian as Fixed. You are the biggest fool I have ever seen on any internet forum, that series was suppsoed to be a 3 test series but due to ATC(Asian test Championship) where India and Pakista were supposed to play one test, it was decided to have a 2 test series and the 3rd test was actually declared as part of the ATC. But this is too hard for you to understand. For you every subcontinent game is fixed, every subcontinent player is over rated matchfixer flat track bully, every subcontinet track is a flat track.As for most people on this forum saying that the series was fixed, please quote them or else STFU. And just because there are more idiots like you on this forum and think that 98-99 series was fixed, doesn't mean it was.

Not to forget that you conveniently chose to ignore the TESTs between Eng/SA and Eng/Aus. England gets thrashed in 4 tests and suddenly wins the fifth one. Same way England got thrashed in SA 2-0 and in the last test forfieted the inning (perhaps a first in the history of cricket) and then won the test. Making a mockery of test Cricket.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
so its just coincidence then that virtually every bookie thats been caught so far has been from the sub continent then?
i dont know what exactly you are trying to say when you say that england,sa and australia are playing for free, because the point is that there is far more money involved in the game in the subcontinent, and it involves far far more people than any game in australia or england. if england were to fix a game in england against SA, there would be very few people even willing to put money on that, given the number of people who actually give a **** about english cricket.
And the biggest Lynchpin of this one Mr. Cronje was also from Subcontinent, Isn't it ? Mark Waugh, Shane Warne, Gibbs, Alec Stewart, Chris Lewis, symcox,mathews, williams, morrison etc were all playing for subcontinet teams, didn't they ?? As far as I know, Bookies dont play cricket, it's the players who actually fix the match for money.

Are you saying that English team is so pathetic that nobody would bet on them ? Or are you saying that the English dont bet ?

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
The most prejudiced person and the biggest fool on this forum is YOU. You can't backup your nonsense but keep claiming that the series was fixed.
again, how many times do i have to say it?
no one can back up their claim that any game was fixed, therefore we cant say for sure that so and so game was fixed, we can simply say,'i think so and so game was fixed'.

Sanz said:
You bring your subcontinent hatred and BIAS in every post of yours. Only a biased like you can declare one of the greatest inning played by an Indian as FIXED and the greatest bowling figure by an indian as Fixed. You are the biggest fool I have ever seen on any internet forum, that series was suppsoed to be a 3 test series but due to ATC(Asian test Championship) where India and Pakista were supposed to play one test, it was decided to have a 2 test series and the 3rd test was actually declared as part of the ATC. But this is too hard for you to understand. For you every subcontinent game is fixed, every subcontinent player is over rated matchfixer flat track bully, every subcontinet track is a flat track.As for most people on this forum saying that the series was fixed, please quote them or else STFU. And just because there are more idiots like you on this forum and think that 98-99 series was fixed, doesn't mean it was.
every post is it? so when ive categorically stated that my favorite test batsman stems from india and the best test batsman in the world today is india ive apparently shown more bias is it?
not once, have i ever associated tendulkar with match fixing, nor do i ever intend to, because even if i dont agree with most people who think that he is a great(and please lets not go into that again), i still respect him as a person. my reasoning behind why that series was fixed has absolutely nothing to do with tendulkar, nor does it take away anything from his innings. the fact that whenever i come close to criticising any player in the subcontinent makes you think that im being racist only shows how one dimensional your mind is. isnt that all you think about?
READ MY POSTS sometimes.....it might actually help

Sanz said:
Not to forget that you conveniently chose to ignore the TESTs between Eng/SA and Eng/Aus. England gets thrashed in 4 tests and suddenly wins the fifth one. Same way England got thrashed in SA 2-0 and in the last test forfieted the inning (perhaps a first in the history of cricket) and then won the test. Making a mockery of test Cricket.
really? YES how absolutely unexpected that england won that 5th test, especially when australia have a history of losing dead rubber games(in WI 02, in india 04, and even in ashes 01).yes how completely unexpected even though england have always, even at their absolute worst managed to win at least one ashes test for god knows how long?
yes who would have thought that they could beat australia, when they got the better of the conditions in sydney and had them bat last on a deteriorating wicket?
who would have thought that they could beat an australian side that was devoid of warne and mcgrath?
as far as the england-SA game is concerned, yes its perceivable that it may have been fixed. i dont necessarily think so, but i would never consider arguing someone who thought that was the case. personally i dont see how cronje got any benefit in any way by providing the crowd for their moneys worth in a dead rubber game which didnt matter to either team.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
And the biggest Lynchpin of this one Mr. Cronje was also from Subcontinent, Isn't it ? Mark Waugh, Shane Warne, Gibbs, Alec Stewart, Chris Lewis, symcox,mathews, williams, morrison etc were all playing for subcontinet teams, didn't they ?? As far as I know, Bookies dont play cricket, it's the players who actually fix the match for money.
then you know nothing about fixing. bookies are the ones who offer the players money, they are in fact the key culprits to any game that is fixed. and again, ive said clearly that all the money was in the subcontinent, in other words games played in the subcontinent were the ones that were more likely to be fixed,so yes that includes foreign players like cronje. and some of those names-stewart, lewis, symcox, morrison etc, were barely even suspects let alone you putting them down as certainities for match fixing.

Sanz said:
Are you saying that English team is so pathetic that nobody would bet on them ? Or are you saying that the English dont bet ?

the former, england were an extremely poor team in the 90s. so much so that most peopel just gave up watching them.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanz said:
The most prejudiced person and the biggest fool on this forum is YOU. You can't backup your nonsense but keep claiming that the series was fixed.You bring your subcontinent hatred and BIAS in every post of yours. Only a biased like you can declare one of the greatest inning played by an Indian as FIXED and the greatest bowling figure by an indian as Fixed. You are the biggest fool I have ever seen on any internet forum, that series was suppsoed to be a 3 test series but due to ATC(Asian test Championship) where India and Pakista were supposed to play one test, it was decided to have a 2 test series and the 3rd test was actually declared as part of the ATC. But this is too hard for you to understand. For you every subcontinent game is fixed, every subcontinent player is over rated matchfixer flat track bully, every subcontinet track is a flat track.As for most people on this forum saying that the series was fixed, please quote them or else STFU. And just because there are more idiots like you on this forum and think that 98-99 series was fixed, doesn't mean it was.

Your obviously a bit hot under the collar because your being irrational.

I for one disagree with a lot of TEC views and theory's, but one thing he's not is biased or prejudice. You can't have read many of his posts over time if you have that view.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
It's only the Alec Stewarts, Mark Waughs of this world are trying to hide the money.
And no doubt you have conclusive proof about their involvement in match fixing to make such a comment.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hi,

There was a lot of hanky-pamky going on in those days. Cant say it has vanished completely.

I dont want to comment on individual games since I know some of the characters involved (players) personally and have heard a lot of stuff from them in personal discussions. So I prefer to keep quite on this subject. But anyone who tells you that it was blown out of all proportions is talking non-sense. All that you have ever heard about match fixing is much less than what actually happened.

That all I can say.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
And no doubt you have conclusive proof about their involvement in match fixing to make such a comment.
Dude, I dont have proof of anything. Alec Stewarts and Mark Waughs of this world have been accused by the same bookies and their countries have done nothing.

This guy keeps making ridiculous statements, sometime back he claimed that Gavaskar was involved in match fixing and could not back it up.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
Your obviously a bit hot under the collar because your being irrational.

I for one disagree with a lot of TEC views and theory's, but one thing he's not is biased or prejudice. You can't have read many of his posts over time if you have that view.
I guess you are from NZ. What would you call a person who keeps ranting over and over again that NZ players are over rated, Richard Hadlee was a match fixer, all NZ players are flat ftrack bullies, and that match fixing was done in NZ and blah blah blah.

I have read many of TEC's views and I stand by what I have said about him.

Langeveldt

Soutie
C_C said:
there were two games that i watched live that i thought were 'fixed' while the game was on..
The one was RSA game (with England ? or NZ ? not sure) where both teams declared their two entire innings....
The other was RSA-AUS semi final in 99.....Donald nearly runs himself out in the second last over or so....then 1 run required off 3 balls, Klusener takes a suicide single and Donald stays rooted in the crease.....looked really suspicious to me.
I know that several IND-PAK matches have been fixed before but i couldnt 'feel it' in the games...not that i can remember it right off the top of my head really.
I somehow doubt that was fixed pal...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
Dude, I dont have proof of anything. Alec Stewarts and Mark Waughs of this world have been accused by the same bookies and their countries have done nothing.
No, they investigated it and found no evidence.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
I guess you are from NZ. What would you call a person who keeps ranting over and over again that NZ players are over rated, Richard Hadlee was a match fixer, all NZ players are flat ftrack bullies, and that match fixing was done in NZ and blah blah blah.

I have read many of TEC's views and I stand by what I have said about him.
Errm, that's fine, except that's not what TEC does. He constantly says that Dravid is the best batsman in the world and so on, and he's a big fan of Sehwag as well. If you honestly think he criticises every Indian player you need to read his posts more carefully.