• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Came here to post about his 1000 runs in T20s at 110 this year but no visit to a players thread can be complete without quoting some terrible calls
Yep, so good. I destroyed the **** out of all of so many ****s from 2008-2011 on here. Still remember owning Shri regarding him thinking Pandey was better than Kohli :laugh:

Not to mention the bunch of people calling for Kohli's head and wanted to replace him with Rohit Sharma after the Melbourne and Sydney tests in 2011. Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosers.

All hail King Kohli.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was backing Kohli 100% to be the next Tendulkar ever since Perth 2010

Guy's still an absolute **** and probably always will be but frankly idgaf he's so just good he deserves to be

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
In my defence, Kohli has improved a lot since 2010 (in all forms) [but he's not yet as good as Rahane in test matches].

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
In my defence, Kohli has improved a lot since 2010 (in all forms) [but he's not yet as good as Rahane in test matches].
That's not a defence. The whole point was predicting who would be the best.

It is like saying you don't think someone will be that good, and when they become that good, you retort with "yeah but to be fair they improved."

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Perth 2012 you mean?
If that's when he made the century then yeah

Same Test Warner hit 180 off 150 balls or something like that, 2012 sounds right

edit: checked the score and Kohli didn't actually make a century, he made 75. I think he made a hundred some other time that tour and I just amalgamated the 2 innings' in my head

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
Has he changed his batting stance or something? I saw a video of him batting back in the day and his style was much more pleasing to the eye. Not that I would have complained now but it looked a bit more cooler back then imo. Can't put my finger on why it is.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has he changed his batting stance or something? I saw a video of him batting back in the day and his style was much more pleasing to the eye. Not that I would have complained now but it looked a bit more cooler back then imo. Can't put my finger on why it is.
His grip has definitely changed. Also doesn't get squared up early on now. So, a more balanced stance.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
That's not a defence. The whole point was predicting who would be the best.

It is like saying you don't think someone will be that good, and when they become that good, you retort with "yeah but to be fair they improved."
It is impossible to predict whether a player will improve. Don't tell me when you first watched Hashim Amla bat like a hack, you just knew that he'll improve to become the best batsman in the world and he'll score so many test centuries.

His technique has changed a lot. Back in 2010, he never played cover drives against fast bowlers; he always stood well inside his crease; he didn't play pull shot against fast bowlers.

Last edited:

Daemon

weldone just cop the taste.

you weren't just wrong about Kohli, you were also wrong about Raina and Gambhir

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very much so. He's a really talented player who should have a big part to play in Indian Cricket. Too bad he seems like a complete douchebag though.

Once Sachin, Dravid and Laxman are retired the days of 'gentlemen' in the Indian team will officially be over. The dignity, class and respect that Sachin, Dravid, Laxman and Kumble show just can't be matched by this younger batch of players.
I miss masterblaster so much.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
From the first page of the thread....

Not really sure how good he is but he just reminds me so much of a young Ponting.. Maybe it is the frontfoot thrust, maybe the slight swagger at the crease, maybe it is getting squared up often early in the piece.. Maybe it is just that he ALWAYS seems to bat #3... Don't think he is all that good a batsman yet and don't think he is a very nice guy either but definitely someone who s gonna be around for long in Indian cricket. In fact, he would have to have done seriously poor if he doesn't end up captain of India one day.. Juz a gut feeling with nothign to back up. :)

Joni can suck it... I claim the thread and Kohli... :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It is impossible to predict whether a player will improve. Don't tell me when you first watched Hashim Amla bat like a hack, you just knew that he'll improve to become the best batsman in the world and he'll score so many test centuries.
Not really, I just did it.

And I didn't know Amla would improve, but that is why I am not bragging about predicting Amla would be good. I am bragging about King Kohli.

This is lame from you, just admit you were wrong ffs. Everyone here is wrong about something about cricket at one point. You predicted that Raina would improve ahead of Kohli. You were wrong.

Last edited:

Kirkut

International Regular
Raina has developed a strange phobia against short ball. In the Sydney test, he was stuck deep in the crease and Watson bowled a straight ball on good length without any movement with Raina edging it to Haddin.

vcs

Raina has developed a strange phobia against short ball. In the Sydney test, he was stuck deep in the crease and Watson bowled a straight ball on good length without any movement with Raina edging it to Haddin.
He always had it. Remember Kallis getting him out in Centurion in 2010 barely 5-6 balls into his innings, twice.

vcs

Cricket predictions are a tricky business. When this thread was created, most people would have expected Umar Akmal to become a better batsman than Kohli.

Kirkut

International Regular
He always had it. Remember Kallis getting him out in Centurion in 2010 barely 5-6 balls into his innings, twice.
Remember that shot, he was trying to play the delivery in the third man direction and ended up edging it to second slip.