• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

sambha

Cricket Spectator
Huh, always think MSD is a safe speaker in press conferences. Monotonous, boring **** who always seems neutral. There are other reasons to hate him like his continued selection of Ishant and Raina.
he has to speak safe. Do you know the pressure of captaining India where cricket is followed fanatically?

Shri

Mr. Glass
I believe Saurabh Tiwary and Manish Pandey are better than him tbh. They look much more attacking have shown glimpses of what they could do in T20 games. Would like to see them given an extended run in ODIs.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To everyone who has said something along the lines of "Another young Indian player who can't play quality pace", the quality of pace bowling in Indian domestic cricket is pretty..average atm and there is no way a player fresh from Ranji can immediately start playing guys like Steyn, Morkel, Anderson etc on a consistent basis without having any trouble. However it doesn't mean after a while they won't adapt and change their game and their technique. Not every player comes into the side as a full package.
:cool:

Suck it all the early doubters.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The intrusion

Soon after the game started, a large, inflated ball bobbed onto the field. Virat Kohli strode in the direction of the intruder, took it by the scruff and tried to deflate it on his way to the umpire. But as boos rang around the ground, Kohli changed his mind. He turned and walked towards the straight boundary now and dismissively threw the still-intact ball over the advertising boards.

The reception

As soon as Kohli walked in after the fall of the first India wicket, the stand next to the dressing room gave him a standing ovation. As his name was announced over the PA system, a huge roar rose from all corners of the ground. Only Kohli wasn't on strike; the batsmen had crossed when Shikhar Dhawan's catch was taken. But a chant of "Kohli, Kohli" rang out and continued for quite some time. He is the new star all right.
Wac.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I mean there's enough deification of sportspeople across the world without an actual cricketer to go about pandering to it. Just awful.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
it's a pink uniform, so I'm just going to assume that it's Anton Devcich he removed.

Fine with that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah he removed you as you have a pink avatar and you pooped on the Crowe/Kohli party.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I don't like Kohli's attitude much. He seems like a real plonker. However, he's right up there with the best ODI batsmen ever.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's wrong with his attitude?
Kohlander syndrome. When someone is so ****ing good and they aren't afraid to show that they are that ****ing good and people can't handle it. Basically just jelly.

I'm tired of hearing "Oh he's awesome, but he's a right ****". His dickishness has reduced a great extent over the last 2 years

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He does need to stop looking like he's been hard done by after every dismissal.

That's about it though. He's perfect in every other way, including dickness. :wub:

Now I know how fans of Watson feel. They love him despite him being a ****. The only difference is that Kohli is actually good.