• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Harbhajan Singh?

What do you think of Harbhajan Singh?

• Total voters

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geoff Boycott - From his media commentary and from what others generally say about him, he seems a total prick. I think I remember reading something about hitting a women too, although I may be confused on that one. Gives you the openner.
Yeah, think we have a winner here.

Top_Cat

I remember the incident between Slater and Dravid, but does anyone have any youtube of it? Was it definitely a bump ball, or was it a 50/50?
50/50 in my view. The footage wasn't great, though.

I've always been under the assumption that what Slats was actually saying was relatively tame and just looked bad because he received no penalty for it despite standing there and appearing to talk fairly aggressively to the umpires and Dravid. It was only when he went public in a radio interview soon after that he got fined.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
50/50 in my view. The footage wasn't great, though.

I've always been under the assumption that what Slats was actually saying was relatively tame and just looked bad because he received no penalty for it despite standing there and appearing to talk fairly aggressively to the umpires and Dravid. It was only when he went public in a radio interview soon after that he got fined.
I don't think it really matters whether the ball carried or not or wether he was swearing. He behaved like a 2 year old in a supermarket thats not been given a lollie.

Top_Cat

I don't think it really matters whether the ball carried or not or wether he was swearing. He behaved like a 2 year old in a supermarket thats not been given a lollie.
Like I said, I think it looked worse than it was. Seriously, if some player was standing there abusing the hell out of me and I was an umpire, I'd be reporting him. Why didn't the umpires report him?

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Neil Harvey's a good one. I'd call him the Morrissey of Australian cricket, but Morrissey is far more intelligent. All that Harvey can dredge up is negativity about the current Australian players, without any semblance of wit or sublety.

As for other ones:
- Gavaskar: fairly dire commentary, plus his incredible petulance in Melbourne
- Botham: the Warne of yesteryear, only prone to assaulting people, as well - has always struck me as a 'fig' (a fat pig)
- Miandad: sounded like an utter prick; I can't think of anyone who has said much good about Miandad the individual
- Boycott: see Miandad, but I do agree with him once in a blue moon
- Ranatunga: brought the game into disrepute more than once (i.e - Sri Lanka vs England 1998/99)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Geoff Boycott - From his media commentary and from what others generally say about him, he seems a total prick. I think I remember reading something about hitting a women too, although I may be confused on that one. Gives you the openner.
Yeah, think we have a winner here.
Was tempted to go with Boycs, but as it was for Evermind's team I thought it might be a bit before his time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TBF to Boycs there are many good reasons for his inclusion (his legendary parsimony, his one-eyed approach to batting, his general boorishness & him touring Apartheid era SA) the case against him for hitting his mistress was patchy at best.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
No matter what one may say about Lehmann's behaviour on that day (you know which day), atleast he had the good grace to admit to it, and not claim to have said "Wittle back stumps" and have fanboys defend his "honour"

adharcric

International Coach
No matter what one may say about Lehmann's behaviour on that day (you know which day), atleast he had the good grace to admit to it, and not claim to have said "Wittle back stumps" and have fanboys defend his "honour"
Just as easy to call you a "fanboy" convinced that his beloved Aussies were right and that Harbhajan lied about what he said on the field, so let's end it there. Even if you happen to be right, we'll never know what actually happened so there's no point harping on about it and ruining yet another thread.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
hmm.. an impartial judge conducted a hearing and found nothing to convict him on.... He even said that he had not used the word in his judgement, which is not something you associate with "lack of evidence".... And yet, here we are reading such posts here.

Now admit it, you really are Andrew Symonds, aren't you?????????

BoyBrumby

Englishman
hmm.. an impartial judge conducted a hearing and found nothing to convict him on.... He even said that he had not used the word in his judgement, which is not something you associate with "lack of evidence".... And yet, here we are reading such posts here.
Did he?

Cricinfo reported Jusitce Hansen as saying it was "not proven" that Harbhajan had said it (link), which isn't quite the same thing.

Don't want to open up old wounds tho.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slats? I don't necessarily agree with all the others but could at least see where you might be coming from. But Slats?
He did something wrong one time.

He's one of the nicest cricketers I've met, and we met him just after he was dropped from the Aussie team. Couldn't have been more gracious in spending time with us after the game and having a chat. Brad Haddin was the same. The blokes who weren't so good were Bevan, Shane Lee, and a couple of the other blokes.

I think around the time of the Slater incident he was having a few problems, so it should possibly be treated as the one off it was.

Last edited:

Uppercut

so if you don't have proof that he did say it, please stop alleging it for the good of the "same" world.. Thank you...
It's not impossible that the Australian team made the whole thing up for no discernible reason, or that Harbhajan actually said something in Hindi to someone who doesn't understand any Hindi that happened by chance to sound like monkey. That's why he was found innocent.

Not impossible, but absurd. Noone could prove it, but it's pretty obvious to any impartial observers that he did it. It's an OJ Simpson kind of situation.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Did he?

Cricinfo reported Jusitce Hansen as saying it was "not proven" that Harbhajan had said it (link), which isn't quite the same thing.

Don't want to open up old wounds tho.
u can check that old thread where this was discussed ad nauseam but by and large, guys like SS and others posted almost the whole judgement and it seemed like he did say the word was not used. I am almost 100% sure of that...