• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Domestic Season 2008/2009

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Slightly frustrating that players like Chatergoon Ramdin, Marshall and even Sarwan arn't going to be able to play much FC cricket because of a packed international schedule because i think they could definitely do with some FC runs.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The series ends on the 13th of January so they'll all only miss one game possibly two depending on their fitness level when they come back and how efficiently the WICB can get flights in which is no surety.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Full T&T squad, ftr

Daren Ganga (captain), Adrian Barath, Lendl Simmons, Darren Bravo, Justin Guillen, Sherwin Ganga, Gibran Mohammed, Reyad Emrit, Richard Kelly, Dave Mohammed, Amit Jaggernauth, Atiba Alert, Sunil Narine.

Lots of pressure on Amit Jaggernauth and, to a lesser extent, Dave Mohammed. Adrian Barath also needs big runs.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Daren Ganga (captain), Adrian Barath, Lendl Simmons, Darren Bravo, Justin Guillen, Sherwin Ganga, Gibran Mohammed, Reyad Emrit, Richard Kelly, Dave Mohammed, Amit Jaggernauth, Atiba Alert, Sunil Narine.

Lots of pressure on Amit Jaggernauth and, to a lesser extent, Dave Mohammed. Adrian Barath also needs big runs.
Barath will do the business for T&T, and if he does i think Chatergoons place should be under serious threat, becuse there are quite a bit of fast bowling talent in regional cricket this year, Barbados and Jamaica are full of good pacemen.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Wait a sec. What does fast bowling talent have to do with Barath and Chattergoon's places?
I am saying that while Chatergoon isn't playing FC cricket, if Barath - an opener - scores heavily against what are good new ball bowlers and promising fast bowlers, then he would warrent a place in the squad. I am saying that Barath would be scoring runs against lots of former windies bowlers and up and coming bowlers and would therefore warrent a place in the side.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair. I'm not as confident in Barath as you are though. He seemed to be putting too much pressure on himself last season. Hopefully that changes this time around, but he is still a teenager after all.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Fair. I'm not as confident in Barath as you are though. He seemed to be putting too much pressure on himself last season. Hopefully that changes this time around, but he is still a teenager after all.
He bats with a certain amount of maturity though, and has got lots of strokes, a genuine prospect for the future, and i have no doubt he'll do the busines for T&T this season and win back the regional trophy for T&T, BTW seeing as though we lost our sponsership from Carib what do we call the carib-beer cup now?

roseboy64

I am saying that while Chatergoon isn't playing FC cricket, if Barath - an opener - scores heavily against what are good new ball bowlers and promising fast bowlers, then he would warrent a place in the squad. I am saying that Barath would be scoring runs against lots of former windies bowlers and up and coming bowlers and would therefore warrent a place in the side.
You forget though that the ODIs finish on the 13th and the second round of games start on the 16th of January. Barath should be up against Taylor, Powell and whoever else comprises the Jamaican pace attack then.

Worth noting that Jermaine Lawson and Jason Bennett aren't playing this season. The former, I have no idea why but heard it's something to do with needing a break and Bennett was injured and/or taking a break as well.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

How come our Dave doesn't get fifty-over cricket for T&T?

roseboy64

LEEWARDS SQUAD – Runako Morton (captain), Kieran Powell, Austin Richards Jr., Tonito Willett, Omari Banks, Orlando Peters, Montcin Hodge, Wilden Cornwall, Devon Thomas, Anthony Martin, Brent Defreitas, Gavin Tonge, Tariq Prince

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Barath will do the business for T&T, and if he does i think Chatergoons place should be under serious threat, becuse there are quite a bit of fast bowling talent in regional cricket this year, Barbados and Jamaica are full of good pacemen.

I completely agree with you, in my opinion Chattergoon has been an utter waste at the crease, he rarely gets 25 runs these days and for an opening batsman that's unacceptable, i really hope young Barath shows his class and forces the selectors to have a look at him, a new opening batsman who could at least average 35/40 runs would improve us greatly i believe, anyway here's an article about young Trinidad spinner Sunil Narine..

PORT OF SPAIN -- Sunil Narine, the former West Indies Under-19 spinner captured all 10 wickets on the opening day of a four-day, national trial match here Thursday. Narine, who represented West Indies at the Under-19 World Cup in Sri Lanka in 2006, finished with the remarkable figures of 21.1-4-55-10. The 20-year-old off-spinner took 10 for 55 for Rayad Emrit’s XI as Samuel Badree’s XI were dismissed for 238 all out at the National Cricket Centre. In reply, Emrit’s XI reached 40 for four.

The Trinidad and Tobago players are preparing for next year’s regional first-class season.

“It was a remarkable performance by young Narine. He bowled superbly and had the patience to go with his guile. This is the first time I am seeing a bowler take all ten wickets in a trial match and this will do a lot for the young bowler,” said Trinidad and Tobago coach Kelvin Williams. “He is one of those bowlers who I think have a very bright future ahead of him and now it is my hope that he continues to realize the enormous potential he has.”
Wow it looks like we could have a world beater here guys :-O , anyone seen him in action?, though the standard isn't the greatest to do that at his age is quite impressive imo, i guess we'll see what he's made of in the coming weeks ahead.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It will all be underway very soon. I can't wait, come on T &T !!!!!!!!!

I believe the following players will either force selection or at least start stating their case:

Adrian Barath (T & T) - Right Hand opener
Dale Richards (Barbados) - Right Hand opener
Devon Smith (Windwards) - Left Hand opener
Kieron Powell (Leewards) - Left Hand opener
Ryan Hinds (Barbados) - Left Hand middle order
Leon Johnson (Guyana) - Left Hand middle order
Runako Morton (Leewards) - Right Hand middle order
Daren Bravo (T & T) - Left Hand middle order
Devon Thomas (Leewards) - Right Hand wicket keeper/batsman
Davendra Bishoo (Guyana) - Right Arm Leg spinner
Amit Jaggernauth (T & T) - Right Arm Off spinner
Dave Mohammed (T & T) - Left Arm Chinaman