• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to the new CricketWeb Forums

How many Posts per Page do you think should be set?

Votes: 24 60.0%

Votes: 7 17.5%

Votes: 7 17.5%

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah that's the one I have from time to time
There was a setting I forgot to check when installing XenForo which I have set now, so the problem shouldn't occur again. Please let me know though if you notice it again.

Howe_zat

Audio File
There was a setting I forgot to check when installing XenForo which I have set now, so the problem shouldn't occur again. Please let me know though if you notice it again.
Yep, it’s still happening to me, can only post on my phone rn.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Any thoughts on organizing subforums?

I'm thinking we should have Forum Games as its own thing and put most of the games/simulation projects in there. We can tag the games to keep in order, or we can put in further subforums.
This idea has now crystallized among the staff team into making Forum Games and Activities a top level forum type, between Cricket Discussion and Ask Cricket Web. For now we're thinking a Cricket Games and Activities and Other Games and Activities; we'll try to have them all displayed when you enter so there can be some cross pollination.

We're also likely to appoint temporary games mods for boring admin stuff like cleaning up the first pages of games threads.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This idea has now crystallized among the staff team into making Forum Games and Activities a top level forum type, between Cricket Discussion and Ask Cricket Web. For now we're thinking a Cricket Games and Activities and Other Games and Activities; we'll try to have them all displayed when you enter so there can be some cross pollination.

We're also likely to appoint temporary games mods for boring admin stuff like cleaning up the first pages of games threads.
Awesome

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
There are those who find drafts irksome in that they can clutter the CC section. While these drafts are cricket related, and I find them an enjoyable pastime, I think the site would be better served having a section for drafts and another for mafia type games.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is never really a problem for regulars like Daemon pointed out, with the new posts feature and all. But for people discovering the site new, it is extremely helpful to have them a bit more organized. I have always been a proponent of this. Glad it is gonna happen soon. :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's an internet forum. You don't need to be asked to contribute. Besides which, I am the doyen of CW. Everyone knows it. I've been lobbying for the abomination of drafts to have a subforum for years. They aren't an issue so much when there's little cricket on, but when there's actually a lot of it happening, the draft threads clog up the front page of cricket chat. All so people can have a tug over which make believe team across whatever ****ing era which has never been on the park and never will be is a good one or not.

The bonus of a draft subforum will be keeping the imbos who post in them all the time away from actual cricket discussion, which they're frankly by and large not fit to take part in.

It's a win for everyone - real people don't have to put up with the drafters, and the drafters don't have to be reminded by me all the time how ridiculous their preferred past time is.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's an internet forum. You don't need to be asked to contribute.
I'm going to like the post for this excellent response; not the egomania that followed.

"Who asked you?" is always, without exception, a lame question on a public forum. If you want to only talk to one person, use the PM system.