• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warner has Broken Sachin's Record Of 45 Int'L Hundred as Opener

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
David Warner breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s long standing record in international cricket

David Warner and Sachin Tendulkar

❤✍❤✍🤳🦾😇
David Warner has broken Sachin Tendulkar’s record.

Warner breaks SRT’s record

David Warner has now overtaken Sachin Tendulkar in terms of international centuries as an opener. Tendulkar held this record with 45 centuries. He has smashed 45 centuries as an opener in his 342 international innings, all of which have come in only one format, ODIs. Now, after a century against South Africa at Bloemfontein, Warner has overtaken Sachin. Warner now has 46 international centuries in his career, and all of them came as openers across cricket’s three formats.

Australian opener David Warner has smashed 20 ODI centuries, 25 test centuries, and one T20I century in his career

. David Warner plays as an opener for his team in all three formats,

while Tendulkar used to bat at No. 4 in tests and didn’t play T20Is after making his debut against South Africa in 2006. Tendulkar holds the most special batting record for scoring a century of centuries in his 24-year long international career. Chris Gayle (42), Sanath Jayasuriya (41), and Matthew Hayden (40) are the other three batters in the top 5 list

Australia regain No.1 spot in ICC ODI team rankings after routing South Africa in second ODI

Top 5 openers with most centuries in International cricket

Top 5 openers with most centuries in International cricket
Current Indian captain Rohit Sharma is also not far behind, as he has smashed 39 international centuries as opener in his career so far and stands at number 6 on this list. Australian middle-order batter Marnus Labuschagne also smashed a century after David Warner in the game and put Australia in a commanding position in the second ODI. Australia are looking set for a big total as South African bowlers are looking clueless against the Australians. Warner got out 106 runs in 93 balls after smashing 12 fours and three sixes.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Probably be in this thread next week

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shouldn’t this be in the useless stats thread?
@mods - please merge with thread:
Indian brahs mad

46 > 45

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@mods - please merge with thread:
There was one posted by crapinfo I think on insta that says Rohit is the first batsman to hit Shaheen Afridi for a 6 in the first over of an ODI. :laugh:

If that is not one for that thread, nothing is.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So much 'smashing' of centuries going on here.
I feel like when Warner's "smashing" of the record as opener was across 3 formats compared to Sachins is very much the podium meme with Warner celebrating despite being way down on the podium steps.