• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm Up Games

Dendarii

International Debutant
Good pressure built up by Ngidi and Rabada and then Morris comes on and goes for 14 in his first over. :(

SeamUp

International Coach
Good pressure built up by Ngidi and Rabada and then Morris comes on and goes for 14 in his first over. :(
So typical.

Weirdly I still pick him with our current combination if Steyn is not ready.

In 300-350 type of games like we likely to get at the Oval v England he is capable of getting 3-65 and can score runs quickly effortlessly. It's unfortunate but the hand we've been dealt.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Weirdly I still pick him with our current combination if Steyn is not ready.
Yeah, but the only other choice is Pretorius...

In 300-350 type of games like we likely to get at the Oval v England he is capable of getting 3-65 and can score runs quickly effortlessly. It's unfortunate but the hand we've been dealt.
3-65 I don't mind so much as he'd be taking wickets. It's the prospect of him not taking wickets and going for runs that has me concerned.

SeamUp

International Coach
Well we certainly should not be picking Pretorius instead? When Nortje went out injured we should have picked Dupavillon.
Yeah, but the only other choice is Pretorius...

3-65 I don't mind so much as he'd be taking wickets. It's the prospect of him not taking wickets and going for runs that has me concerned.
He is busy bowling himself out of any chance of getting in the team :laugh:

Problem with Pretorius is we have to rely on 2 bowlers (Phehlukwayo and him) on batsmen making the errors.

On a true Oval pitch against that England batting line-up I know who I would back out the two but it is trying to get it out of him. Maybe on the slower pitches we can play Andile and Pretorius like Cardiff & Chester-lee-Street.

Then the batting Pretorius just looks so uncomfortable. He is like Phehlukwayo in style but so much less talent. A run a ball today compared Morris 200% SR.

I look at our team. Amla safe type player. Vd Dussen safe type player. Miller and Duminy not peak form. We just lacking dynamism in our batting without QdK and a form Miller.

It's these thoughts that gets me Morris over Pretorius.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I look at our team. Amla safe type player. Vd Dussen safe type player. Miller and Duminy not peak form. We just lacking dynamism in our batting without QdK and a form Miller.
We went for the safe squad. Only real throw of the dice was Nortje who got himself injured. Markram has the ability to be dynamic, think he just needs to be backed. vd Dussen on form and has looked really good. Would love to see Verreynne sitting in the dugout right now.

Has Andile put on some weight? Spending to much time with Frylinck?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Gulbadin Naib in to take Afghanistan home!

Will be a big deal to them to get their first win over Pakistan, even in a 14 a side.

smash84

The Tiger King
Well played Afghanistan. I am pretty sure they will be instrumental in pushing out some sides from reaching the last 4.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Those last 2 overs from Wahab were pretty insane, haven't seen reverse like that in ODI cricket in some time!

Jezroy

State Captain
India win the toss and have a bat to challenge themselves. Good idea. Plus Southee is playing ahead of Henry, so there’s a few overs where they can capitalise

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aus again choosing to play 12 a side and pick 5 bowlers and drop one of Stonis/Maxwell. I would hope for the SL game they choose 11 players t