• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WAGs on tour

Should WAGs be involved during the Ashes tour?

• Yes, free to come and go at any time

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Not at all, it's business, haven't you heard of Skype?

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Yes, but with some restrictions on dates from CA

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Shoaib Akhtar is free

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lack of low-calibre posts? Obviously you and I view this forum very differently.
That much is rather obvious.
Then again, I find it hard to make a forum such an important part of my daily routine, so I could never understand your opinion of this forum.
So don't bother doing so then.
And again....what constitutes a 'high-calibre' post? You haven't answered my question.
That's because I don't need to.
And the funny part? This discussion is in a thread about players' partners! roflmao

Seriously, dude...you're in a thread discussing players' partners!
And? I couldn't give a damn.

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
I hate tight-arses....don't know how people can live with them...and nit-pickers as well. :laugh: Just a random comment.:laugh:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Richard, we don't need people lecturing others about an arbitrary standard of posting "required" to be here. People can figure that out for themselves.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Funny how you tell me off for that now but never (in my experience, and admittedly I don't read every thread on the forum) have any other such similar post, of which there have been many.

There's enough evidence, BTW, that plenty of people won't figure it out for themselves.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Funny how you tell me off for that now but never (in my experience, and admittedly I don't read every thread on the forum) have any other such similar post, of which there have been many.

There's enough evidence, BTW, that plenty of people won't figure it out for themselves.
Have spoken to many people about pseudo-moderating before.

Appreciate a friendly reminder, but having an argument over it and breaking things down quote by quote does nothing for forum atmosphere, and is only more likely to incite a person to flaunt against the rules to spite us.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was attempting to give a friendly(ish) reminder, as I have done many times past, but unfortunately some people will refuse to accept such things and will as a result drag multiple posts out, as we see here. I also cannot really see how you can criticise me, or anyone, for breaking down quotes - it's just the easiest way to make things clear rather than being all jumbled-up. I'm being very careful not to pseudo-mod, because it's not my place to do that - I'm stating factual information rather than making obvious instruction.

I simply find it baffling, and always have, that anyone would post on this place if it's so unimportant as various people make claim. Either treat the place with respect or don't bother at all, IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WAG is an impossibility. You cannot have a wife-or-girlfriend. By definition, once you're one you're not the other.

WAGs is a plural-only acronym. You could have a WOG but it's likely that that would face objections.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's not impossible. They could be married to one, whilst having an affair with the other. Wouldn't put it past some of the lot that go with the England footy team, tbh :ph34r: