• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WAGs on tour

Should WAGs be involved during the Ashes tour?

• Yes, free to come and go at any time

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Not at all, it's business, haven't you heard of Skype?

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Yes, but with some restrictions on dates from CA

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Shoaib Akhtar is free

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

howardj

International Coach
WAG is an impossibility. You cannot have a wife-or-girlfriend. By definition, once you're one you're not the other.

WAGs is a plural-only acronym. You could have a WOG but it's likely that that would face objections.
Damo Marto had both.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's not impossible. They could be married to one, whilst having an affair with the other. Wouldn't put it past some of the lot that go with the England footy team, tbh :ph34r:
Having an affair |= being a girlfriend, for my money.

Trust me, I have the experience. 8-)

ripper868

International Coach
Should all just pay their own way IMO, when work sends me to Cairns, Mackay or Rocky for a week they then don't offer to pay the accomodation of a spouse as well.

If the WAGS are happy to pay their own way to be there then good on em, otherwise, CA shouldnt have to fork out the dosh to have them there. Cash could be much better spent at grassroots level.

ripper868

International Coach
I know it's not much of a comparison , but it is their job after all. If you don't enjoy travelling the world for 10 months of the year all expenses paid while playing cricket, then find another profession.

Athlai

Not Terrible
10 months away from your spouse a bit much don't you reckon? When my dad worked for a mine in Africa they used to pay most of our travel expenses. Don't see anything wrong with the WAG issue. Sure if its a week its just silly, but a month or two they should bring 'em along.