• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WAGs on tour

Should WAGs be involved during the Ashes tour?

• Yes, free to come and go at any time

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Not at all, it's business, haven't you heard of Skype?

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Yes, but with some restrictions on dates from CA

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Shoaib Akhtar is free

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
Nah, it's the same three week window for all the Ashes WAGs.

Anyway, I think it should come at the end of the tour, not at the start.

The lads need time to establish the feel and mood of the tour; and this is best done first up.

Agreed. Win the series then celebrate.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
CA have said nothing over the matter, they have never turned this into an issue. They have simply invited the players wives and girlfriends to the players pre-tour camp, I don't see anything unusual about that.

The story has been created by some headline grabbing journalist, who has written an article lacking any substance.
There's nothing unusual about wives being on a pre-tour camp? :huh:

howardj

International Coach
Yep, I mean the Test component of the Tour only goes for eight weeks.

Three weeks, fully paid, is more than enough.

It's not the old days where the boat takes eight months to get there and then they play 300 tour games.

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
I don't think the three weeks is different to what they've been doing over the last few years and yet that wasn't enough to help ease the strains on certain players marriages.

And besides...some of these guys' marriages ended and they weren't even on the team- Martyn & Jaques.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Seriously though, this is bizarre. If these guys can't do their job independent of whether or not their wives or girlfriends are around, they should hand their 'functional adult' cards back in.

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
Seriously though, this is bizarre. If these guys can't do their job independent of whether or not their wives or girlfriends are around, they should hand their 'functional adult' cards back in.
Oh please. Blokes like Pup spew their crap for the media "oh I miss my gf! wah wah wah."
After a few days with their partners they're probably all "WTF is she still doing here!?!? I'm so fed-up of her whinging!"

Matt79

Global Moderator
^^ Nah, I'm just saying that it shouldn't matter to them one way or another - them being distracted from their job by having their wife in the country is as pathetic as them being unable to perform if their wife isn't there. They're adults, and no-one else gets to blame screwing up at work on the fact their wife is having dramas with her mates...

Should really just be up the individual - if they want their wife there, take her. If not, then don't. Why do they need people's permission to do so?

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
Top Ashes story: WaGs to visit.

Just overshadow the cricket with the media attention for the attention whor...eeerr....seekers.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Reckon this bitterness must have its roots in a good story. Who done you wrong Scorpiogal?

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
Oh no-one's done me wrong. I just think they're a bunch of dumb tw*ts.

Lee's ex just got my blood boiling everytime she spoke (never came off as the sharpest tool in the shed). "It's a bit like winning the Ashes, Brett." said the dumb, robotic thing on that stupid Great Outdoors show. Wtf does she know about winning the Ashes? It's a wonder she could've read the script. ugh "Oh I'm wearing Roberto Cavalli." Who the eff cares!? That one chick in particular I'm glad I don't have to see again. Hit the road! lmao

Okay okay I apologise for that rant. It wasn't nice.