• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vote for Five Cricketers of the 2000s + 2010s

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The votes are in!

Just missing out on the top 5, with 12 votes each
1597394901130.png
1597394912799.png
The Indian captain has scored 21,901 international runs across the formats, averaging more than 50 in all three, and almost 60 in ODIs. He is the undisputed champion of versatility, covering the range of ruthless accumulation in tests to masterful chasing credentials in limited overs. An early example of the latter was his century as India chased 320 inside 40 overs in a must win game in Hobart.

His shot making has been delightful to watch over the years, mellowing from his younger days of blistering hooks and lofted cover drives. Being a young world cup winner seems like destiny in hindsight. There is yet time for him to add another to his tally. His ambition of winning a test series in Australia was realized last year and there is very little left for him to achieve.​

Sanga went from a keeper-batsman to a technician to a monster run getter within a span of a few years. An early sign was the remarkable 624 run partnership against SA between him and Mahela, still the world record by a distance. He scored runs all over the world, with the elegance typified by southpaws. He is the fastest batsman to 8k, 9k, 10k, 11k, and 12k runs in tests with an average of 60+ at #3.

His evolution from a solid bat in limited overs to an adaptable champion culminated in a World T20 title in 2014, where he scored a match-winning 52* in the final. It was all the more special for having come second in four World Cup finals since 2007. His departure left a void in world cricket yet to be filled, especially in the cover driving arena.​

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nice format, ankit, with the table and the images. One suggestion I have is to find a gif of the player in action... Will make it even better. :)

And @trundler hope you noticed the irony of your post once it was responded to. :)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought I was the only one who voted Kohli LOL. Surprised he only just missed out.

vcs

His ambition of winning a test series in Australia was realized last year and there is very little left for him to achieve.
Still plenty left for him to achieve in Test cricket.

TheJediBrah

Virat should have made the top 5 easily if ODI's and T20s were fully taken into account by everyone

I'll admit I was only thinking Tests

Reactions: vcs

vcs

That's true, but it'd be a bit silly for him to lose sleep over an opportunity that comes along twice a decade or so.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
That's true, but it'd be a bit silly for him to lose sleep over an opportunity that comes along twice a decade or so.
admittedly, but at his level you end up discussing the fractions because he's done most things.

i guess he'd like to set right his series record in england as both times he's traveled india have been squashed.

vcs

Yeah, no doubt he can definitely improve on his England and overseas Test records. India will probably struggle to match their 2018 overseas performance (even though they lost in England and SA) going forwards though. The fast bowling attack really clicked that year, and now Kohli is a bit farther away from his prime as well.