• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I put one entry into the losing TAB tickets draw under the name "The Minute Piece" but it didn't get drawn, unfortunately.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm at a central Wellington pub right now and at the leaner 5m away from me, we have a number of minor celebs such as CDG, BJ Watling and Tim Seifert. Quite refreshing to see them on the pints and having a crack at bets on Rosehill, Caulfield and Ellerslie.
Did Race 7 at Rosehill **** their quaddie as well?

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I'm at a central Wellington pub right now and at the leaner 5m away from me, we have a number of minor celebs such as CDG, BJ Watling and Tim Seifert. Quite refreshing to see them on the pints and having a crack at bets on Rosehill, Caulfield and Ellerslie.
The only surprise with CDG and his current haircut is that he’s not doing this at the local RSA.

Immenso

His haircut.

I did the honour of watching the Ford trophy stream.

But honestly, his papamos mullet , can go **** itself sideways up the arse. Sideways.

No probs bringing The Mount or Papamoa into disrepute. But some of us have the greater Tauranga or Western Bay to think of.

**** off with your Pakuranga stylingz you Howick-Zimbo c u n t .

Somethings are bigger than cricket ...

Flem274*

123/5
His haircut.

But honestly, his papamos mullet , can go **** itself sideways up the arse. Sideways.

No probs bringing The Mount or Papamoa into disrepute. But some of us have the greater Tauranga or Western Bay to think of.

its a work of art and you should go back to whining about central batting averages while pretending seddon park doesnt exist

nzfan

You would think common sense would apply that he's representing NZ internationally so exceptions could be made. Or fast-track his residency/citizenship for sports reasons.
That's not the way our immigration works unfortunately. I hear it takes years to take out a residency. Just bad timing really. Unless covid settled down and our borders are open for everyone chances are he won't be able to fly out. If he does then he can't fly back.

The Hutt Rec

That's not the way our immigration works unfortunately. I hear it takes years to take out a residency. Just bad timing really. Unless covid settled down and our borders are open for everyone chances are he won't be able to fly out. If he does then he can't fly back.
I actually think there was a very similar issue with some Warriors players who spent the season in Aus last season, in the end they were allowed to return to NZ, so hopefully they can sort it with Conway as well.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I actually think there was a very similar issue with some Warriors players who spent the season in Aus last season, in the end they were allowed to return to NZ, so hopefully they can sort it with Conway as well.
If Immigration NZ can allow non-citizens in to play Super Rugby and in the National Basketball League, they can let in a non-citizen who represents New Zealand at cricket. Otherwise, David White really does have to ask for a 'please ****ing explain' which he should have done for Foxcroft.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Right, I'm quite surprised that that's the case. I thought it would have been similar to Australia where if you're deemed to have skills in high demand, your Residency gets fast-tracked.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
His haircut.

Hey hey heeeeey whooaaaaaaaaa.....

Haha I do like the Papa Mo's mullet though. It's more Pap House, Papa Mo's is slightly classy.

But **** right off that a mullet is an HPCC styling. He would have been pinned down and had it cut at HP, even if he was #1 in batting, bowling and fielding in all three international formats and was only playing a one-off game for us.

Just another off the conveyor belt yesterday into the Aces, on the same day the Premiers made the one-day final, shortly after winning the T20 comp (again again again). What a club.

nzfan

Right, I'm quite surprised that that's the case. I thought it would have been similar to Australia where if you're deemed to have skills in high demand, your Residency gets fast-tracked.
At work there are couple of recent migrants and they say it takes ages to get their applications looked at. I don't think our immigration will fast track applications just because you're a cricketer. Ideal if they can and logical to fast track but there will be a hue and cry if they prioritize applications based on sports.

The Hutt Rec

At work there are couple of recent migrants and they say it takes ages to get their applications looked at. I don't think our immigration will fast track applications just because you're a cricketer. Ideal if they can and logical to fast track but there will be a hue and cry if they prioritize applications based on sports.
Here’s the Warriors players being allowed back in, in exactly the same situation: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...a-katoa-cleared-to-return-to-new-zealand.html

NZC will surely be able to sort out the same deal for Conway.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
One thing that I just realised is that even if KW, KJ and Boult aren't part of the IPL finals, they'll still miss at least the first test of the England series because they'll need to be in quarantine for 10 days under English law. If they are part of the finals, they'll miss both and will only get out of quarantine a couple of days before the WTC final. They also won't be training with the rest of the squad during that time.

Here's hoping that Kane at least can negotiate leaving a week early so that he can be part of the Lord's test - though obviously wouldn't judge him if he decided to stay on.

The Hutt Rec

One thing that I just realised is that even if KW, KJ and Boult aren't part of the IPL finals, they'll still miss at least the first test of the England series because they'll need to be in quarantine for 10 days under English law. If they are part of the finals, they'll miss both and will only get out of quarantine a couple of days before the WTC final. They also won't be training with the rest of the squad during that time.

Here's hoping that Kane at least can negotiate leaving a week early so that he can be part of the Lord's test - though obviously wouldn't judge him if he decided to stay on.
I’d be pretty damn disappointed in him if he misses both the England tests tbh. This is a 3 or 4 time per career thing for Kiwis.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I’d be pretty damn disappointed in him if he misses both the England tests tbh. This is a 3 or 4 time per career thing for Kiwis.
I wouldn't. He has a 15 year career. If he decides that fulfilling his half million dollar IPL contract is a bigger priority than earning maybe 10k in match fees for a warm-up series against a team that we're scheduled to play tests against next year anyway than I would probably tend to agree with him.

Flem274*

123/5
if they miss the series its a giant turd on international sport tbh. no one outside india and casuals care about the ipl.

cricket cant afford to go the soccer route if it wants to be healthy respected.

also missing a test series for domestic hit and giggle is a captaincy stripping offence.