• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Doubt any of our players will get picked. The IPL franchises have been a bit sniffy about NZ players ever since they got burned after buying Corey Anderson for $600k USD. If anyone is, it'll be Jamieson - big hitting fast-bowlers are highly sought after.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Corey Anderson @ $600k :lol:
Tbf that was after that summer where he hit the fastest ever ODI hundred and looked impressive against a touring India side in the ODI’s. But yeah, if a Josh Clarkson were to do something similar now, I don’t think he could expect to get picked up for anything more than $100k.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah I don't think anyone would balk at $100-250k for him after that innings but goodness gracious it was a lot.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, it was actually $750k (hope Corey invested it wisely). Ah the good ol' days of the IPL when the prevailing attitude come auction time was

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
You don't get that sort of deals these days for overseas players unless you are an absolute star. They're a lot smarter these days and go for players that are actually worth it.

The biggest regretful signing has to be Glen Maxwell in the 2010s by Mumbai Indians. Was it like a million dollar signing or something and hardly played a game or two. They are still signing him but his performances are so sparse not sure why they continue to sign him. He's good when he's in the mood no doubt but he has done nothing of note in IPL of late but still gets fair number of bids.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Quite surprised to see Milne attracting so much interest in the IPL bidding. Ends up going for a very respectable $435k USD. Good for him.

Moss

Quite surprised to see Milne attracting so much interest in the IPL bidding. Ends up going for a very respectable $435k USD. Good for him.
Not surprised that MI picked him given Bond is the coach, perhaps his BBL appearances led to some renewed interest as well.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It's not like his form was outstanding or anything though. Nor does he have significant prior success in the IPL to fall back on. Still, I guess genuine quicks are always at a premium. I'm just really happy for him and hope he stays fit for long enough to cash the check.

Moss

It's not like his form was outstanding or anything though. Nor does he have significant prior success in the IPL to fall back on. Still, I guess genuine quicks are always at a premium. I'm just really happy for him and hope he stays fit for long enough to cash the check.
True, he’s still only 29 so*if* he can show a good run of fitness (and this signing is a good incentive to keep going) he still has a role to play in the NZ T20 side at least. Was a very good foil to the spinners in the last T20 world cup so hopefully is in the selectors minds for the next 2 editions.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
hahaha yeah.

Tbf India hasn't even qualified yet and there's every chance of ind-eng series ending 2-2 and australia qualifying instead!

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Kohli's trying to figure out Jamieson before the WTC final, I would definitely consider tanking if I were him.
Yeah bet he's gonna tank (not that he's been that spectacular in T20s or anything), only worry is him getting injured/worn out before lords

BTW glad that Milne is being picked, if he gets back in the T20 WC squad (seems unlikely ATM but one can hope) then might be a really good time for him to play here, esp for MI